Sunday, January 2, 2011

1st day of the New Year...

Remember last night when I said it was 55? And NO snow on the ground here in Michigan? Well I wasn't complaining, I was loving it... but I should have kept my mouth shut.
Now it's 19 degrees. From 55 to 19 in one day.
Freeeaking Ridiculous!!!

My first day of the new year was a busy one. LOTS of laundry done and taken to the laundromat. A crappy laundromat, even more crappy than my usual one since that was closed! That and housework and... the treadmill!
Yep, I got on the treadmill, after WEEKS of not touching it.

My New Years Resolutions- #1 loose twice what I lost last year, which will be 66 pounds. #2 Get on the treadmill EVERY day.
Yes, I said EVERY day. No matter what (unless there is something very wrong with me!) I know now that I did best when I did it everyday, if I gave myself a day off it would turn into 2 and then 10... every time! Even if it's a short walk, I must get on it EVERY DAY!

Of course get my eating back on track! But even if I have a bad day with eating (like today) getting on the treadmill is mandatory! No "Oh, I messed up. I'll do good tomorrow and then get on the treadmill..." TREADMILL NO MATTER WHAT!

I want to do my blog everyday, even if it's just to record my calories... or just to say hi :) I don't know why it's so hard lately... my horrible addiction to facebook (mainly Frontierville!) has a lot to do with it...

As I mentioned, my food wasn't great today. It started off SO good, but later I snacked a little to much. And am up way to late and hungry... bleh.
But lets concentrate on the good hmm? Even though it was late, I got on the treadmill :) I was NOT going to start the year off missing a day! So here's today's:
Treadmill: 10 minutes/ .33 mile
Not long, but a great start imo :)

Last night I didn't drink anymore than my one glass... and just got tired. My brother left early, to go to his... girl friends... house. (maybe we'll talk more about that another time lol) The other brothers didn't come. So it was just me Ray and the kid. It was nice :) But I was SO tired and we ended up in bed soon after the ball dropped. Tonight is a different story. It's 2:15, and my brother JUST got here, and Ray and I are drinking what we didn't last night lol. And we're wide awake. SOO it's more like New Year's Eve tonight lol.

I'm ok with today. I know this year will be great :)
I hope every one's year is off to a great start!
Have a Good Night, and a great tomorrow!



9 comments:

  1. It's a cold winter - that's for sure.
    And the treadmill is a good place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi baby. I'll be happy if you visit my cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun a day late! I miss my recumbent exercise bike. My knees wouldn't let me anyway right now. That was good where I could read a book and the 1/2 hour was over before you knew it. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right a little bit of exercise is better than none. You can build from where you started. It's gonna be a good year 'cause you're off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better a little than none at all - that's good Tina.

    I know what you mean about being tired on New Year's Eve. I fell asleep at [I kid you not] 11:50 pm! We still have a bottle of champagne in the 'fridge.

    Here's to a great New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great resolutions! i was tired new year's eve too but stayed up until midnight (first time in years). had a margarita and slept in saturday morning. it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll find yourself a lot happier if you exercise every day. You've seen how I've struggled with mine, as well, but I've forced myself to get on even when I didn't want to...and it's really proven to be a great thing in my life. It really helps with massive stress levels, makes you happier (I've mentioned those awesome endorphins before!), and aids in weight loss 100 fold.

    I just know that this coming year is going to be awesome for us...it has nowhere to go but up! It's up to us to make it happen. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a FB account but I only use it to promote my horse business. I didn't even get started on those games because there aren't enough hours for mein the day as it is. From the sounds of it, that was probably a good choice.

    When it comes to exercise, I am the same way. I do much better if I work every single day. When I take off, it's just so much easier for me to take another, then another and next thing you know, I'm not getting any. Fortunately I have finally learned that I really do feel so much better when I exercise so even though it's not my favorite thing, I appreciate how it makes me feel so I am committed to continuing.

    Hope you're having a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right Anne, The treadmill IS a good place to be isn't it!

    pine- thanks?
    Everyone is welcome, even the occasional wacko lol.

    Barb, I'm going to try reading on the treadmill! Now it's not facing the TV :( So thanks for the idea!

    Thank you mensa :)

    Thanks Skippy and Teresa :) Maybe we will be less tired next New Year's Eve? lol

    Oh I know it Shauna. In the beginning of last year, I was on it everyday and I felt So much better! You're right, and I need to make sure I stick with it! Thank you!

    Rising Rainbow, when I started FB I promised myself I wouldn't play any games! Knowing I would get addicted to easy, I think I lasted 2 months... I may have to wean myself off them! lol

    Thanks and Happy New Year Everyone!

    ReplyDelete