Thursday, January 6, 2011

Have You Seen This?

While we are shrinking, so is our food!
But it still cost the same....
Companies Shrinking Products Finance Videos Comcast.net

That's good advise, I NEVER buy cereal if it's not on sale :) I just stock up when it is.
She mentions the ice cream, buy Ben and Jerry's because a pint is still actually a pint...
(BUT I'm sure the calories are pretty high, so maybe we should stay away from it anyway :) To be honest, I've never had it)

One that she didn't mention, is Minute Maid. Buy that instead of Tropicana, they are still 64 oz and not raising their price (yet!)

On the Today Show they had a lot more examples of companies that have cut the size of their products in the last 5 months... I can't remember them though... just Scott toilet paper lol...

Pay attention to those sizes!
Happy Shopping!

6 comments:

  1. Good hint Tina - this has been going on for years. It is ridiculous what food costs anymore.

    Scares me how they manipulate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw this too. In some case I don't think it cost the same ... I think it costs more.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your link wouldn't work, but I totally hear what you're saying. I have noticed the shrinkage for years now. Like they're fooling all of us. It is crazy. We have to keep our eyes on everything now - especially food. I really like (not) the foods that are labelled with a fairly good calorie count and then you see it's for 2 or 3 or 4 servings - doh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you all. @Darla - I totally agree on that. Something is packaged in a way that it looks like it should be only one serving - check the calories and it looks OK; then notice it's for at least 2 (or more) servings. Totally disgusting.

    Ron would rather pay a bit more for the same size and quality he would get prior to a price cut and size reduction. Irritates the living crap out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another thing Bruce and I have noticed is the portion sizes in restaurants are getting smaller for the same price. As well as charging extra for condiments like Sour Cream and such.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments!

    Sorry the link wouldn't work Darla :( They talked about Ivory dish soap using a different shaped bottle that looks bigger but is 20% less. Hagan Daz (sp?) ice cream are no longer pints, and Tropicana orange juice is smaller.

    I haven't noticed the restaurants Barb, I don't go to them often. I've HAVE noticed the pizza "Large" is 14 inch now instead of 16. Also the buffets are smaller! Oh... that's just because I eat less isn't it? lol :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete