Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wednesday's Food

Dinner
Made Chicken Taco Soup
Ray's New Year's resolution
was to stop eating beef...
more on that later....
So I made it with chicken. It was good,
but I like it with extra lean beef better.
The calories for using chicken,
Only 1.1 less per serving!
Since I used 1 1/2 pounds though, It came out to a little more.
You can find the recipe for Taco Soup here :)
K, here's what I ate:
Coffee: 55
with 1 1/2 tbs DMC
Breakfast: 130
Fit&Active Apple Cinnamon Fruit and Cereal Bar
Snack: 820
Chocolate covered strawberry shake from Steak N Shake
Lunch: 360
Tuna Sandwich on whole wheat with pepper jack cheese, 1 tbs miracle whip. 6 baby carrots and 1 tbs light ranch. water
Snack: 23
Werther's
Dinner: 1078
2 cups of chicken taco soup. about 20 tortilla chips and 1/2 cup shredded cheese
Total Water: 44 oz
Total Calories: 2336
Ugh! You can't tell, but I actually planned today out. I knew I would be eating a fairly healthy dinner of Chicken Taco Soup, so when Ray wanted to get a buy 1 get one free shake... I thought that was ok. I'd just watch what I ate for the rest of the day. Now, that was a HIGH calorie shake, and it was a regular not a large. I'm not mad about that. It's only the 3rd time in my whole life I've had a shake from there, and it was delicious!
What I'm mad about, is my dinner. I took a fairly low calorie dinner and had 2 helpings, but REALLY ruined it by adding chips and cheese. Why? I don't know... I didn't need it. I just wanted it. Even so, I could have had LESS... 7 chips is a serving, so why 20? I really can't tell you. Stupidity I guess.

Treadmill: 10 minutes/ .37 miles
I really did not want to do this at all. And didn't feel better after I did either! But I did it, as I will everyday no matter what! Gotta stick to my New Year's resolution at least!

Bleh

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up, why can't you have the occasional treat? I can see why it annoys you though, 'cause you go out of your way to make something nutritious and low in fat, then you add chips/cheese/salt etc. You can beat me up instead if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you're to kind Verity Vaudeville :)
    I guess because it's the beginning of the year, and I should be doing better? I don't know, but you're right. No more beating myself up- it really doesn't do ANY good.
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete