Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Food...

One of the things I want to make sure to do is at least come and record my food everyday again. Since it's the 5th, you can see I haven't been doing so well with this! I mean... not at all!

Saturday was the 1st, and I'm not sure what I ate. It was like New Years Eve a day late, and it involved drinking, pizza, and I even had some chocolate covered peanuts...
While they were good, they were NOT worth the calories!
Once I saw the calories on the package,
I didn't eat them all. I shared :)
That in my hand is what was in the package,
6 pieces,
anyone want to guess the calories on that?

I'm having trouble with my eating... this is nothing like last year! I was SOO excited, and just had so much motivation... I didn't even wait till the first I started the week before with just cutting out pop and eating a little less. I was doing great! Now... I just don't know. I've been just... I don't know.

I have been keeping track, and while I don't really want to write it down when I'm not doing so great... I will anyway! I really want to make this habit again. I feel like once I get back into the habit of recording it here everyday, it will help me make better choices...

The good news? I have been drinking more water. And I HAVE been sticking to my new years resolutions! I've been on the treadmill EVERY day :) The other one, of loosing 66 pounds this year? I am off to a slow start with food, but I really think I can do it.
So here is the last  few days:

Sunday
Coffee: 55 calories
with 1 1/2 tbs Double Mocha Cappuccino
Snack: 130
1/2 cup Honey Nut Chex Mix
Lunch: 350
Turkey Sandwich, water
Dinner: 1415
5 chicken tacos, 1/2 cup spanish rice, 1/2 cup re-fried beans, 1 cup milk
Snack: 115
1/2 cup cereal and 1/2 cup milk
Total Water: 24 oz
Total Calories: 2065
I know... 5 tacos? NO excuse for that...
Treadmill: 10 minutes/ .37 mile

Monday
Snack 4am: 240
1 cup Simply Cinnamon corn flakes and 1 cup 2% milk
Coffee: 55
With 1 1/2 tbs double mocha cappuccino
Breakfast: 285
1 slice whole wheat with 1 tbs all natural peanut butter, 1 cup 2% milk
Snack: 130
Fit&Active Apple Cinnamon Fruit and Grain bar
Snack: 23
Werther's
Cappuccino Double Mocha (2 1/2 rounded tbs): 110
Lunch: 695
Leftovers- 1 chicken taco, 1/2 cup refried beans, 1/2 cup spanish rice
Dinner: 740
General Tso's Chicken (with rice, carrots, broccoli frozen) 1 egg role, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 190
1 cup frosted wheat puffs, 1 cup ff skim milk
Total Water: 36 oz
Total Calories: 2063
I did much better with the tacos today! i was really mad at myself for having 5 before, and am very happy with myself only having one :) But I shouldn't have had such a high calorie dinner, since lunch was. I really have to work on that. If one or the other is high, have a lower calorie meal for the other...
Treadmill: 13 minutes/ .51 mile, with 2 lb weights for 5 minutes

Tuesday
Coffee: 55
with DMC (1 1/2 tbs Double Mocha Cappuccino)
Breakfast: 130
Fit & Active Apple Cinnamon bar
Lunch: 866
Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich, 10 tortilla chips, 1 tbs chili cheese dip
Dinner: 575
1 1/2 servings tuna casserole, 1 slice whole wheat bread, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 200
Simply Cinnamon corn flakes with 1 cup ff skim milk
Total Water: 33 oz
Total Calories: 1826

The tuna casserole came out very good!

this is on a small plate :) To psyche myself out?
It didn't really work though lol
I followed a recipe I got from SkippyMom's blog a while back (mostly). BUT I made the whole bag of egg noodles, when I think I was supposed to use 1/2. So I doubled up on everything, but I didn't have another cream of mushroom soup so I had to use cream of chicken with herbs, or something like that. I had sharp cheddar instead of mild, and didn't really measure the milk,  the cheese or peas. But I'm sure it was close lol. (Next time I'm going to make it how the recipe says though)
The verdict? Ray LOVED it. The kid liked it a lot, but "it has to many peas!"
He just don't love peas like his momma do! :)

Treadmill: 27 minutes/ 1.05 miles
This was the 5th day in a row on the treadmill :) It was the longest so far, but I did it a little different. I watched The Biggest Looser (even though I said I'd never watch again after last season!) and got on the treadmill during the commercial breaks :) I know, it wasn't the work out it would have been at one time, but I'm still happy with it. And since the treadmill is turned around now to save room... I can't watch tv on it :( I might have to change that... but I really hate it in the middle of the room taking up so much space! Gonna have to make a decision... If I could get on it earlier, I could try to read while walking... we'll see...

So there you have it. All you've missed. I have to tell you, now that I have it down I feel so much better! I actually hadn't added up the calories for the days until now... and I thought it was much worse. I would like to keep it under 2000 for now... OK, that's done and now I can move forward. Recording my eating daily here. I have been trying to go to bed at night, so I'm not sure if I'll be doing it nightly or in the mornings... but I'll be doing it!

And now that I have a camera that works, expect lots of pictures lol :)

I hope everyone is having a great new year! Even though I have a lot to improve on... I feel good about what's to come :)

* Was going to link to the recipe, but I am having trouble with Skippy's blog :(
So here it is, I'm sure she doesn't mind!!! Right skippy??? :)

As seen on Skippymom's Blog:

3 3/4 cups egg noodles [half a bag]
1 can cream of mushroom soup [low fat/50% less sodium]
1 can [5 oz] chunk light tuna in water
1/2 can of milk
2/3 cup of frozen peas
1/2 cup mild shredded cheddar
pepper to taste [1/4 tsp? about]

Boil the noodles. Drain. Drain tuna. Mix the noodles with the rest of the ingredients, except the cheese. Pour into a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until heated through and cheese melts. Notice I left the cheese off a part of it because I don't like the cheese on mine - besides it just adds to my sodium levels.
Here is the coolest thing tho' -
For six servings - Each serving contains only 250 calories

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tina ... Those are some huge chocolate clusters. You've had your treat now time to get busy. Writing things down certainly does help and way to rock the treadmill. Keep the positive attitude and you'll see results. Skippymom's recipe sounds like the Tuna Casserole hubby is fixing right now except that we skip the cheese to lessen the calories ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the casserole sounds yummy. i might have to give it a try next time i buy some noodles. might cut back on the peas though - not my favorite vegetable. in fact, it's down near the bottom of the list. ick...

    so, how many calories were in those clusters???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how some sweets look about 300% better than they taste?

    I do want to come over for the tuna casserole, though! :-)

    scribblinginthemargin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I am glad you liked it - I could eat that all day long and nice job on substituting cream of chicken :D. That might up the calories a tad, but not by much I would think.

    Your exercise is looking good and I hope you can get motivated for the food part. It's hard but you can do it!

    Now I think I will go make a tuna casserole. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody! :)

    No takers on the guessing huh? :)

    Barb those that 6 clusters I had in my hand was 2.5 servings! And at 220 calories per serving, that in my hand came to 550 calories! I'm not sure what I expected... shoulda have known I guess! But I was surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly not tying to be mean, but rather helpful and HONEST. You eat way too much fast food for the amount of weight you have to lose. I know you don't have it EVERYDAY but it seems it's more than the very occasional treat. Just an observation...good luck to you and stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, that's not mean at all. You're absolutely right. Fast Food is the biggest thing I have to work on I think. I know I eat way to much of it, I'm going to really try and cut down. It will save my health and my check book!!!
    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SkippyMom,
    I don't mind when you or anyone else give me advise. Not at all.
    Anonymous is probably not someone who has followed me long, and doesn't know like you do, how hard I struggle with it... and that I do realize it's to much. Hopefully you know I am trying...
    That being said- you did NOT say the same thing. lol, NOT AT ALL... I'm sure you remember what you wrote, and it was nothing like what they did ;) And it's not just you, anyone that would write something like that would get my Cranky side... but that is in the past...
    I appreciate focus on the positive things :) That is very supportive and needed more than the other anyway!

    ReplyDelete