Friday, January 7, 2011

Feeling Better, Feeling Thankful

except for this head ache!
I've had a head ache for 3 days. I've taken ibuprofen and it goes away, but comes right back.

Anyway, I feel better today.
I think it was the whole story about the homeless man with the golden voice... have you seen this? I first seen it a couple days ago, when he was homeless on the side of the street.


When I saw this, I just knew it would blow up on the internet and maybe he really would be able to come out of this! And get a job and who knows what else!

I saw him on the Today Show this morning, and it really just touched me. It's all happening so fast, you can tell he is just kind of shocked by it all. He was pretty emotional, and I just feel so much happiness for him.
An offer from the Cleveland Cavaliers to work AND housing, He recorded stuff for Kraft macaroni, the list goes on...
It is just so nice to hear something good in the media, when all you ever see is bad!

 
It makes me feel thankful for what I have...
I'm not saying now I will be the perfect eater and loose 10 pounds per week, but I do feel better. I am thankful for what I have, and if he can overcome all of his issues I can definitely do better with mine!

Today's (Thursday) Food-
Coffee: 55
with 1 1/2 tbs DMC
Breakfast: 245
all natural peanut butter on whole wheat, 1 cup ff skim milk
Lunch: 402
2/3 can of tuna on whole wheat with 1/2 tbs miracle whip, pepper jack cheese, pickles. 8 baby carrots and 1 tbs light ranch, water
Snack: 125
4 1/2 slices ham, 1 oz colby jack cheese, water
Dinner: 370
1 cup leftover chicken taco soup, 1 slice of whole wheat, 1 cup milk
Snack: 250
1 cup Berry Colossal Crunch cereal with 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 140
1 cup Rice chex cereal 1/2 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 60
2 pieces of cheese ( 1 pepper jack, 1 colby jack) 21 grams
Total Water: 36 oz
Total Calories: 1647
Well, I kept my calories down! :) I know I snacked a lot... don't know why I can't get enough cereal... or cheese! But I really paid attention to my portions. The 2/3 can of tuna is because I forgot to give my cats the water this time, so I had to give them some of the tuna lol.
I know if I wasn't up so late, that last cereal and cheese wouldn't have even been on there. But I got hungry...

I NEED to go to bed earlier! I was in bed at 9:30 last night. Tonight I fell asleep for about an hour at 8:30! That's not good... cause when I got up I still had to get on the treadmill. I wanted to go to bed, but I knew I had to get on it... I'm glad I did. But now I'm up way to late :( I also need to get on the treadmill earlier, then I wouldn't have this problem!

Get grocery money tomorrow and will have some fruits and healthier snacks in the house... unless the weather is too bad...

Treadmill: 13 minutes/ .50 mile, with 2 lb weights for 5 minutes

Even though my eating hasn't been great, I have been keeping very busy since the new year. Trying to be a better house keeper and just all around moving more! So I do feel like I will have a loss, even with the slow start on the food.

Oh, and it's definitely back to our normal winter here now! I shoveled today, so that's exercise :) We are supposed to be getting 6 to 12 inches by Saturday night... we have a lake effect snow warning now. Yep, back to normal Michigan weather all right... yuck.
I have to be up in about 3 hours to drive Ray, and a co worker to work. In this crap...
But that's ok. Just glad he has a job! And the car is running and can get us there...
Have a good night! :)

2 comments:

  1. That is a great story, isn't it? I loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it too Tina - so fabulous. I love that he has been clean for two years! BRAVO for him I say. And his mom is 99 - I think - and so proud of him. YAY.

    ReplyDelete