Saturday, April 3, 2010

Taco Soup

You will Need:
1 pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet Ranch seasoning
2  14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, DO NOT DRAIN
1 can of Rotel, DO NOT DRAIN (generic 'diced tomatoes with chilies' works just fine)
1 can of Black Beans, DRAINED
1 can of Corn, DRAINED
I also add Kidney beans, (and recently chili beans) you can add whatever beans you like
I also add a Rotel can full of water

Directions:
Brown the meat, drain the fat.Return to large pot and stir in all ingredients
Simmer for about an hour-

We love this, it is so easy and DELICIOUS. I like to eat it plain, just as it is. Has a lot of flavor and is just the right amount of spicy :) Ray always eats it with flour tortillas.(and sometimes shredded cheddar cheese)
ENJOY!
1 cup is very filling .
213 calories per cup, makes 9 cups.

3 comments:

  1. That's virtually identical to a recipe I make, called "Texas Chicken Soup". The difference being that I add pintos and chili beans in addition to the black and kidney beans. Oh, and I use chicken sauteed in onion in place of the chicken. Actually, I have made it with ground beef, ground turkey or steak, on occasion. Delicious any way you make it!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tina! heh, I just now read your comments, and don't worry! I'm not mad at you at all! I seriously was not offended by anything you said. I stopped blogging for a week because I was just too busy and too stressed to blog and it really didn't seem to be helping - more like the opposite! But I'm thinking about a new approach to my blog, one that's focused on exercise rather than diet because I don't like micro-managing what I eat everyday, it seems to make it harder to loose weight when I focus so much on it! So, yeah. I'm a bit busy now so I probably won't post anything up for a good week or so. But i haven't given up on the blogging world...not completely, anyway! :)

    But thanks so much for your comment saying you wanted to read more of my posts! that was encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tina, both of these sound like quick and easy meal ideas. Now that I am feeling better I will give them a whirl. I love your pictures and commend you on your courage to post them. Also, don't be discouraged about the job prospects. I also thought I was too fat to be able to land a job but I did it. I think if the employer wants a good employee they will hire the one with the best creditials and never mind what is on the outside. They say to never judge a book by it's cover and I think that should be the practice for hiring employees as well.

    ReplyDelete