Saturday, April 17, 2010

Animal Live-Cam

I am HOOKED.
I checked out my newest follower's (V-Dizzle) blog and found a link in one of her post. It was a live video feed of an owl and her chicks. I watched it for a long time lol. Then I saw the "for other wild life cams" under it and yes, I was on the computer an hour and a half switching back and forth between the owl cam, different deer feeders (that had LOTS of raccoons, one opossum, no deer lol) an African cam (not good quality, but the sounds are good lol) and the eagle cam. Now today I checked first thing this morning, and WOW. I watched for another hour and a half! Mostly watching the bald eagle cams. It is so interesting. Got to see her feed the babies a bird and then the dad brought a fish. It is really awesome, especially to a nature lover like me. Then this afternoon I checked on a cardinal nest and one baby was gone! I thought it had fell. That is, until I got to see the others jump on there own! Never saw baby birds leave the nest before, or the parents coaxing them to do it! Needless to say this 1/2 hour was the highlight of my day LOL.
This is something I can watch and it is very calming. BUT I can't sit and watch it all day every day, haha. It's easier to do then you would think! lol.
This is the link to the Bald Eagle Cam. You can look at the whole list though once you get there. Oh, and scroll down to see another nest on the same island with younger babies, only days old. Awesome:
http://www.sportsmansparadiseonline.com/Bald_Eagle_Nest_Cam_P0SF.html

Here's My Day (besides watching animal cams for hours LOL)
Breakfast: (335) 1 egg muffin sandwich(egg,english muffin, 1/8 cup cheese), 1 cup FF skim milk
Lunch: (220) 1/2 Tuna Sandwich, 5 baby carrots, 1 tbs ranch, Water
Dinner: (600) Papa Murphy's: 1 large slice of gourmet chicken garlic, 1 large slice gourmet italian, Water
Snack: (280) 1 1/2 cups Honey smacks with 1 cup FF skim milk
Snack: (460) 1 slice chicken garlic pizza, 8 oz Mtn Dew
Drink: (500?) about 1 cup (last of the) Irish cream, and some vodka (about 1 cup... so far lol)
Total Water: 22 oz
Total Calories: 2395
I tried to watch my calories today because I knew we were going to get Papa Murphy's tonight. I had forgot until today, but Ray wanted some to go along with the MMA fights that are on tonight. I was going to be so good and order their lite BBQ Chicken pizza... and they didn't have them! not till summer I guess :(  But I did ok anyway. I ordered the large instead of the family for one, and stuck to my ONE SLICE PER PLATE rule. I ended up with 2 for dinner. Not exactly my Only One Rule, but I can live with that today. I was bad and went back for leftovers later during the fights though... and pop *wince*
Then we ended up drinking. I knew he was but I wasn't going to, peer pressure! LOL I don't know how much calories is in vodka, and I'm a little buzzed and don't feel like looking it up.... I wouldn't think it would be very much at all...
Treadmill: 30 minutes/ 1.07 miles
It was really cool today, I wasn't sweating hardly at all so I went for the mile :)

2 comments:

  1. Well....It's good to let loose once in a while. Trying to remain on too strict a plan is one of the common mistakes dieters make. I know if I tried to adhere to a strict diet, I'd have to hurt someone...

    Overall, doesn't look too bad, you were moderate in your pizza intake, even if you had some pop. Vodka, well...depends on how much you had.

    Now, when you see McDonalds during the week, just remind yourself to keep driving, because you already had your fun. I usually let myself relax on the dieting a bit on Sunday, though I guess not this week, after pizza today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I'm done trying strict diets, they don't work and they make you unhappy!
    yes, I will try and be good now for a while :)

    ReplyDelete