Friday, April 23, 2010

Guilty Feelings and The Weigh In

Today the scale says...
Woo Hoo! A loss of 2.4 Pounds this week and a total of 33 Pounds!!!
My totals for the week are:
Treadmill: 3hrs 55 minutes/ 8.33 miles
(new week distance record)
0 Crunches... I have no idea why,
just slipped my mind all week!
Here's My Day:
Breakfast: (300) Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats with 1 cup 2% milk
Lunch: (1074) ordered a Wet burrito with 8 tortilla chips, with my own low fat sour cream, 5 oz mtn dew
Snack: (180) chocolate eclair bar
"Dinner:" (540) Large bowl of Strawberry Frosted mini wheats with 2% milk
Total Water: 26 oz
Total Calories: 2094
Yeah... I don't know what got into me with lunch.
I ended up with 2 hours of sleep last night, I think that had a lot to do with it. I was tired, and starving and gave in to temptation. I was only going to eat half of it! BUT I ate the whole thing, AND had pop... ugh. I felt disgusting afterwards! I was stuffed and full all day until I had some more cereal later. Yep, a mess of a day as far as food. I'm out of my skim milk, will try and remember to grab some tomorrow!

I ended up taking a 2 hour nap today. So I'm still running on 4 hours, so hopefully I can go to sleep tonight. I kind of feel like I'm getting depressed... not at the moment because I'm so happy about my loss :) But I have gone a while without getting to bad... and now I'm just starting to feel a little overwhelmed with my mom and other things... and not sleeping is one of the first signs for me. I'm hoping it will just pass and everything will be just fine :) Maybe I'm just overly tired lately... I'll take a break from watching the animals tonight and see if that helps me go to bed!

Treadmill: 27 minutes/ 1.02 miles   10 minutes of it with 2LB weights
For the last couple weeks I was making sure to do 22 minutes a day (the time gradually got to that) but as I mentioned Tuesday, I think I will start focusing more on distance instead of time. If I keep adding time, eventually I will add to much and dread doing it more often, and quit... we don't want that! My 22 minutes are hard to do sometimes, just because I don't want to. BUT it has become pretty easy physically, I hardly even sweat at all, and am never out of breath. Even though I love not sweating ;) I know it's time to up it a bit. From now on I'll do a mile a day. How long it takes me will just depend on how I feel I guess :)

I was reading Megan's blog today, and it really hit me.
This is such a long and hard journey, and people get so discouraged you know? It makes me feel bad. It makes me feel guilty that I can have such a crappy eating day like today and still loose weight, when others are struggling so hard... I guess it's because I have SO much to loose, and I'm sure I wouldn't be doing well without walking everyday... but it still made me think. Think of how I could have gained weight back, got discouraged and given up by now...

I'm just so thankful. I really feel blessed that I am making such progress so far. This time is SO much different than any other time I've tried to loose weight. I can't even explain it. I have my bad days, but with support and the motivation I have, I just know I'm going to stick with it this time! I'll take my baby steps and keep improving!

So right now I feel bad, blessed, guilty and GREAT all at the same time...
No wonder I am worrying about my mind! I'll get some sleep and all will be well... Goodnight!

4 comments:

  1. i for one am very excited about your triumphs with weight loss, also I am admiring your stamina on the treadmill. Woo-hoo! No use in beating yourself up about a burrito, girl. As that lady says in Gone with the Wind, 'tomorrow is another day'. Luv ya! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michaela!
    No, I won't, It is a new day :) Every new day is a new chance for me to do a better job with my eating! (We are probably having tacos today... So I'll have to try REALLY hard LOL.)

    You are so kind, thank you for your support!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss Tina, and I don't want to burst your bubble cuz you are doing awesome, that without the exercise you would not be losing. I am one of those people that has a hard time understanding how it works. When I was away last weekend I was really good with my food and another girl ate out every meal and lots of it, she came home with a loss and I had a gain. I was po'ed to say the least, but have to realize that everyone's metaboliusm (sp) is totally different. I read your food plans and know if I ate like that I'd just be going up and up. Doesn't always make sense but that is life. You have a commitment to your exercise and that is where I fall down a lot. Today I am going to start up an exercise program with my Wii and try to develop a habit of doing it daily. You go girl, you have hit a huge milestone in the 290's are behind you and the 270's are only a few pounds away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, I was doing a good job of bursting my own bubble yesterday I think lol.

    I know what you mean, everyone is different. That WOULD be so frustrating if your friend ate more and lost while you gained! grrr!!!

    The only thing I can say is sometimes, maybe you don't get enough calories in your diet. If your body isn't getting enough calories, when you DO splurge your body hoards it. I'm no expert lol, but it's a thought :)

    I think people might underestimate how much I USED to eat... Even though My eating looks bad to some, it is SUCH an improvement. Portion size is really the most important thing to me when it comes to eating (which I failed miserably with yesterday) I know I have a LONG way to go though.

    I know! ME in the 270s! I can't wait!!!
    Thanks for your support Tessa!

    ReplyDelete