Sunday, April 4, 2010

HAPPY EASTER!

I didn't take this picture, but it is to cute not to share!
Today is Easter, the first Holiday I've had to deal with since I started this journey on Jan 1st... I'm sure that's the case for a lot of us.
We are going to My brother's to have Easter dinner with my Mom, Step Dad, and 3 brothers. I am in charge of making macaroni. Today will definitely be a challenge for me. I am going to have to try really hard to control my portions, and get only one plate if possible... I'm going to try and keep in mind I have to weigh in tomorrow for Tessa, and hope that keeps me on track! Good luck to all of you who also have dinner plans, we can do this!!! Happy Easter!!!!


WELL...  I didn't do TO bad. When I was getting my first plate, I knew that I might come back and get more, so I got pretty small portions. I think I did pretty good. Of course it would have been better if I only got one plate...and I never once thought of weighing in tomorrow lol. But for my first holiday, I think I did ok. I had more candy today then I've had in a while, but even that wasn't mindless eating like it used to be. No shoveling candy in my mouth without thinking about it, I thought about EVERY piece.
I had a good Easter besides the food too :) Ray hid our son's Easter basket and of course he found it in 2 minutes, but he was surprised about the stuff we got him and it was great :)

Here's My Day:
(42) 1 snickers mini
Breakfast: (605) Chips and eggs (my spin on migas) with salsa and cheese. 8 oz Orange juice
(42) 1 snickers mini
Easter Dinner: 2 small portions of each: ham, mashed potatoes and corn, my macaroni, 2 biscuits- 1 with strawberry preserves. 1 cup of whole milk (that's what they drink over there)
Dessert later: 1 piece of vanilla cake, 1 cup of whole milk
Snack: (75) 1/8 cup of Starburst jelly beans
(42) 1 snickers mini
Late Dinner: (340) large salad with 1.5 tbs light ranch and 1/8 cup of mozzarella cheese. Egg Salad(one hard boiled egg and 1 tbs miracle whip) on 1 slice of Earth grains whole wheat(i really don't like this bread)
Total Water: 37 oz
Total Calories: 1146 PLUS Easter Dinner and Easter Cake.
I'm pretty tired, and just don't have the ambition to figure out the calories of dinner, especially since the only thing I prepared was the macaroni. It's probably a lot... I'm not mad at myself or anything, but I could have done better.
Tessa left a comment that said we have to think of holidays just like any other day, and that is so true. I know that too... it's just hard.... eating is really the only thing my family does together... but I will have to control myself no matter what others around me are doing...

I was full when I got home (NOT stuffed and bursting at the seams like EVERY other holiday in my life) and really didn't want to do the treadmill, but I did :) I'm proud of myself for that. I'm doing 21 minutes a day now, no matter what! :) I'm also carrying 2 LB weights for 5 minutes of it, but I keep forgetting to write that!!!
Treadmill: 21 minutes/.73 mile (5 minutes of it with 2 LB weights)

Oh! I did the initial test for the 200 sit ups Saturday... and I must be doing them wrong... I already do crunches(which is what the plan calls for), and pushing myself, I can already do over 100. I'm thinking that I am not coming up high enough or something. Maybe not keeping my back straight enough... I'm not sure...but I guess I will wait on that. When I do it I definitely feel it in my abs, so I know I'm working them out. But at my size I can't really do them any higher, so I'm going to stick with doing my crunches for now. I still think that http://www.200situps.com/ looks like a good plan... just not for me I guess :) I will try and do my crunches more often though, I'll try every other day for now.

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you too. This is a very cute photograph. They are looking so sweet. I have already copied this cute picture to my profile. Thanks for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Tina, I hope you had a great day. Yes, holidays are hard but we just have to think of them as being another day without the frills. Looking forward to seeing what you were able to do about portions.

    ReplyDelete