Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wednesday

Today was a little hectic, and I didn't eat very well. My portions weren't to bad, but didn't make the best choices, AT ALL. I know I need to get in my fruits and veggies! I'm going to really try to work on that more starting tomorrow. I got grapes and plenty of apples to help me out with that. And as always, carrot sticks.

I went to the store this morning, hungry. That is never a good idea. So I also ended up getting things I don't normally get, like crab salad- that is delicious. Also the chocolate milk. I only got a half gallon so I won't have to fight with it for TO long... my son doesn't even like chocolate milk! So hopefully Ray drinks most of it lol. The donuts were Ray's idea. I had one today, and there are still some left. If I could resist having anymore, I would be so proud of myself :) I'm not making any promises... except that I won't have another one today!

Here's My Day:
Snack 4am: (90) low fat oatmeal raisin granola bar
Breakfast: (525) 1 egg with 1/8 cup of cheddar on a sour dough english muffin, 1 sausage patty, 8 oz orange juice
Lunch: (270) 1/4 cup crab salad with 2 (8 little) crackers, Water
Snack: (480) 1 custard filled, chocolate topped doughnut with 1 cup Chocolate milk
Snack: (200) 1/4 cup crab salad with 1 (4 small) cracker, water
Dinner: (740) left over taco meat, beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa, light sour cream on about 16 chips. 8 oz mtn dew.
Total Water: 44 oz
Total Calories: 2305
I HAVE to stop drinking pop... I have had it 3 times in the last week, even though once was only 2 drinks- It could easily become a habit again. Pop is NO good for me. NO POP for me from now on. It's pretty much the only thing I am depriving myself of, because I know once I start I can't stop. (that and cheddar flavored chex mix!)
Treadmill: 26 minutes/1.01 miles

I have been petty distracted this week. I joined facebook. I'm not sure why, I don't really like people that much LOL! But come to find out, It's pretty addicting! (I'm probably the last of my friends/fam that joined it...)
Also this weekend I promised my cousin I would come over and have a yard sale with her. I've been dreading getting stuff together and secretly hoping it would rain. The weather keeps looking better and better though, so looks like I'm stuck! Tomorrow I will have to get everything ready because I put it off all week. Friday and Saturday I'll be gone all day. I'll make sure to report what I ate :)

Tonight was my sons music concert. It is his last year in elementary school so this is it unless he joins band or choir. (I'm trying to get him to join band, we will see) They played the recorder and sang, it was nice :) I just can't believe how old he is getting...

3 comments:

  1. Well, you have the apples and grapes, that's the first step! Giving up soda was tough for me, now I only rarely have any, but then, I weaned myself off over the course of a year. I am so glad I did it, though. The savings alone was worth it.

    We all slip now and then. The important thing is that you have realized it doesn't mean you;re a bad person, and I can see it's making you want to try harder now, rather than give up. That's a huge step!

    Water. What worked for me, was deciding an amount of water I would drink with every meal. I have to drink that amount before I can have any other drink. Most often, by the time I finish my water, I don't want anything else to drink. In my case, I chose a 20 oz glass. You might want less. Over time, I rarely even think of drinking anything but water(and my morning coffee, of course). There are times when I have something else, but it's become a treat, rather than a habit.

    Facebook? I'm on there. So is Laura, another of your followers. Lol, followers, that makes you sound like a cult leader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina: 8 oz. of juice is quite a bit. (2 servings worth) As a suggestion, try cutting back on fruit juice to only a 4 oz. serving. You still get the taste and benefits of a fruit juice, but less calories.
    Donuts: one of my weak areas LOL

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Byron, it does kinda sound cult like to have followers huh? It's not though, I love my "followers" :)

    I stopped drinking pop first thing. I weaned myself slowly for about 2 weeks before Jan 1st. I did VERY well for about 2 months. Then I had some once in a while and lately a little to much. But NO MORE of that! I might have some down the road one in a great while, but I can't let it become habit again!

    I have 8 oz of orange juice because that is what the carton says is 1 serving. BUT I think I could easily cut that in half and still be satisfied! I'll do that from now on, thanks Margie!

    ReplyDelete