Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Is That Sandwich For Real!?!?

Ok, confessions first lol.
I knew Ray was going to try KFC's "Double Down" today. I didn't really want anything to do with it, have you seen this thing? When Ray told me about it I thought he was joking!!! It's a sandwich... I guess... So we get there and he tells me it's only $1.00, and I HAD to try one. SO I did. I thought of Tessa when I got it home, I know she thinks I eat to much bread (and she's absolutely right!) So check this out:
LOL! Yes it is exactly what it looks like... a sandwich with 2 pieces of chicken for the bun, and 2 slices of cheese and a strip of bacon. Some kind of orange sauce also.  It was NOT a dollar either. It was $4.99!!! I am not going to lie, it was VERY good. (I sat down with a fork and enjoyed it, I didn't eat it like a sandwich lol) BUT, it was NOT worth 4.99, not at all. It tasted good, but at 540 calories was not worth the guilt. AND I was hungry 10 minutes after I ate the thing! It's not as big as it looks. Definitely a first and last for me.
All I can say in my defense is... at least there's not bread??? LOL, I know that's a sad attempt to make it better. I can say that I resisted the urge to order their mashed potatoes and gravy, which I LOVE. I am proud of myself for that.
K, confession time out of the way.

Here's My Day:
Breakfast: (130) Fiber Plus Bar- dark chocolate almond, water
Lunch: (615) heart attack sandwich... err.. I mean... KCF Double Down, romaine salad with 1 tbs light tomato dressing and 1/8 cup cheddar, water
Snack: (123) 1 yoplait yogurt- apple turnover with 1/8 cup kashi go lean
Dinner: (680) 1 stuffed chicken- asparagus, 1 cup broccoli cheese rice (from pkg), 1 cup FF skim milk
Snack: (400) 1 piece of chocolate cake, 1 ice cream cup, 1/2 cup FF skim milk
Snack: (320) 1 1/2 cup Apple Cinomon Cheerios with 1 cup FF skim milk
Total Water: 44 oz
Total Calories: 2268
I bought these little single serving sundae cups of ice cream. In chocolate and strawberry. Each one 100 calories so that's cool :) It will help me not over do it with ice cream.

Tonight was Tuesday, The Biggest Looser was on. As you may know, I go for my long walk every Tuesday while watching it. Today I walked for 90 minutes non stop! Wooo hooo! 90 minutes was kind of a goal of mine... and now I've reached it. I have proved to myself that I can do it, I have built up endurance that I didn't have before. I could have NEVER stayed on it for 90 minutes before 2010.
Treadmill: 90 minutes/ 3.17 miles   Wooo hooo!
Now that I have reached my time goal, I am going to start concentrating on distance for my Biggest Loser walks. That is a long time, and I don't want to end up dreading it by making it any longer!! I'll try to go a little farther each week, and if I don't want to be on it 90 minutes, I guess I better speed it up!

I don't know if anyone has checked out the animal cams at all, but the red tailed hawk's chicks hatched this morning, 2 of them. There is still an egg left. Since there is no night vision on that one, I'll have to wait till the morning to see if it hatched. Exciting stuff! Well...for us at least :-) And no, this new addiction is NOT helping with my schedule AT ALL...

2 comments:

  1. Biggest loser was preempted in my area for a basketball game. ;-/

    Actually, you're probably better off eating that doubledown than a Big Mac. Same calories, 2 grams more fat in the KFC sandwich, 2 grams more fiber in the Big Mac. But, breading is less than bread. I'd go with more meat over more bread. Not that either is a healthy choice. You should have a talk with Ray about support for your weight loss. I had to do the same with my wife. Her hobby is baking. Cakes, cookies, etc. It was not helpful. Also, you have to realize that "value" is not a reason to eat poorly. I had the same problem. The dollar menu was my bane.

    I'm gonna keep pestering you on the fast food issue. You have to make it a treat, rather than a convenience. It isn't good for you.

    On the other hand, the rest of your day looks really good. Excellent job on the ice cream choice! If you know you are going to be drawn to something, it's good to find a way of limiting your intake when possible.

    I have to admit, I do indulge in fast food once in a while. Less and less, though. I know you have the smae issue with it I did/do, that's why I pester you about it.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, It was a good episode too!!!

    I have never tried a big mac, but I get what you're saying. I'm sure a whopper falls into that too :) Haha, so it's not so bad I kept pointing out "NO BREAD" then LOL!
    I just couldn't get over the fact that they would actually make a sandwich like that... reminds me of something Paula Dean would do LOL. (you ever see her make a sausage burger with a fried egg on it, with 2 donuts for the bun??? Holy crap)

    Ray is usually very supportive. More supportive than ever before. Sometimes it seems like he isn't, but I think he is just as addicted to fast food as I am, and he has also had to cut down because I have. He doesn't do it on purpose I don't think, it just happens. I figure I have to say NO whether he is doing it or not. I can't give in like I did today, just because he does... I realize that being a good price doesn't make it any better to eat... it makes sense in writing, but it's so hard to pass up! I really have to work on that, along with all my fast food issues.

    I know... it is SO bad for me, and I keep doing it! I have to do better with that... I don't mind you "pestering" lol. It's not really pestering, it's supporting and suggesting :) Like breakfast or less carbs lol. And you are absolutely right!

    I'm glad we all have each other to "Pester" LOL

    Thanks Byron!!!!

    ReplyDelete