Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ugh!

I got through yesterday and even FORCED myself onto the treadmill. 15 minutes is better then nothing, EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS! At the time the 15 minutes lasted for ever, and I didn't feel any better afterwards, but today I am SO glad I did it. I'm on my way to doing the treadmill every day no matter what :) If I make it to this Thursday, it will be the first week I did it EVERY day since a weigh in. I have to make sure things that come up in life don't keep me from walking. ALSO that they don't make me head to the fridge and pig out... I didn't make the best choices yesterday but today is another day!  :)

I want to thank you Jenny and Tessa for your comments, and for officially "following" my journey :) This blog really is helping me. I don't know what it is, I think a lot of it is knowing that someone is reading it and I have to pick myself up and keep going so I don't fail and let anyone down!!! The first weight loss blog I ever read was Stacy's... and she gave excuse after excuse until eventually quiting- letting us all down... I don't ever want to be looked at like that. (but she really has inspired me and I wish nothing but good things for her) Well whatever it is, this blog is helping me, and I'm back up and ready!!!
To answer your question Tessa: No I don't count my calories. I have tried before, and it was just to much for me. Maybe I get overwhelmed easily, I don't know... but concentrating on smaller portions and trying to add healthier foods to my diet is all I can handle right now. Once I feel that is more under control, I want to try to count calories again... even if just to see how many I'm consuming, because I have NO IDEA.
Yes, I think I will check out a food scale. If they are not to expensive and look like something I will actually use- then sure, why not! It will help me measure stuff that doesn't fit so well in my measuring cups and spoons LOL.
I have never been a breakfast person, but I have been trying to eat it lately. On the weekends we have been making breakfast more (not the healthiest breakfasts I guess) but I will start trying to eat SOMETHING even if it's just a granola bar and milk.

I have decided to follow what the packaging on the food says for a portions. TWICE yesterday I over did it. If I would have followed instructions I would have only had 1/4 cup of trail mix and that would have been enough. I would have had HALF of what I ate for dinner and I wouldn't have been so full and mad at myself!!! So I'm going to try really hard to follow the serving size suggestions from now on.
Yesterday I bought the trail mix thinking it would be a nice snack, but I think it's giving me heart burn, which I don't get often at all- and i don't like it!!! In the last few years I realized peanut butter gives me heartburn, but had never had a problem with just peanuts- till now. So guess I'm done with the trail mix! that's ok, fruits would probably be a better choice anyway  :)
Here's My Day:
Breakfast: 2 apple pancakes with about 1 tbs of light syrup. 1/2 an apple. 1/2 a frappuccino (about 5 oz)
Lunch: 1/2 cup of leftover sweet and sour chicken over 1/2 cup of white rice. water
Snack: 1/4 cup of trail mix (peanuts, raisins, very few m&ms) the rest of the frappuccino (4.5 oz)
Dinner: Ordered In- 3 med/large slices of pizza. :(  6oz of Pepsi. Water
Total Water Today: about 36 oz
Treadmill: 32 minutes (1 mile)
Crunches: 100 (5 sets of 20)
As you can see I did not make the best choices today. I really messed up for dinner AGAIN. I started off the day so positive, and ready to get back on track... I don't know what happened.
You want to know what I said when he wanted to order pizza this time? I said "NO! Then I will have to write on my blog that I ordered pizza AGAIN!!!" He said- "You didn't order it I did," and picked up the phone!!!! UGH.... I don't think he is trying to sabotage me, he is just addicted to the food as much (if not more) as I am... It is still my fault that I ate THREE slices. That is my fault and my fault alone. No matter what food is around I have to stick to my JUST ONE rule when it's something like that, that I pig out on. Once again I am full, and mad at myself. I'm going to have to really put my foot down and stop this ordering food all the time!!!!! It is out of control! and I guess I'm not as in-control as I thought, when it comes to temptations...
Ugh! I just can't believe I did that!!! I am so happy with my weigh-in the other day, so I should be MORE motivated!!!!!
I'm pretty tired, going to bed early. I'm going to go get on the treadmill for 30 minutes. So at least I won't ruin my goal of getting on it everyday.
Tomorrow is Monday. The weekend (which is so much harder for some reason) will be over and I will get back on track.
Ugh.

5 comments:

  1. Tina, I undserstand where you are coming from, I had a bad day today as well. I had company all weekend and did really well till today. Then when I had to prepare a meal for 5 extra people all sensibility went out the window and I did dry garlic ribs and french fries. I did add coleslaw in there and it was ok till the cookies and tarts came out of the freezer...ouch. Tomorrow is my weigh in and I am not looking forward to it. I think I undid in 1 day what I tried so hard to accomplish all week. Yes, please get the scale, you will find it will become a vital part of your journey. Sometimes 1 measuring cup of something is so much more than what we really need. Good luck with a new day tomorrow, I am going to do another week of cleansing so I can undo what I did today. Need to get it right before I go onto the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! AMEN to the weekend being over! haha man...it's like no-man's land come Friday through Sunday night. I think it goes without saying that I know how you feel, though! But yeah...got to keep going and staying positive. :) Hello new week. :) OH, thanks SO SO much for following my blog!!! Now I really do feel that someone is reading and will keep me accountable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for your comments, I really appreciate them!!!
    I hope your weigh in doesn't go as bad as you think Tessa, you have been doing pretty good all week- so good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I know what you mean about your blog hopefully keeping people accountable.

    I just have a little thought for you...you doing great all day and then having three slices of pizza is STILL better than not eating well all day. I know it may sound like a cop out, but just like your 15 miutes of exercise was a small step in the right direction, so is eating well for one or two meals.

    Every little thing, every meal that you don't go crazy, every little step we take IS a step closer to doing that with consistency.

    That day wasn't a fail...three slices of pizza don't make it so. It was just a day...no more, no less. Cut yourself some slack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Happyfunpants!!!
    I guess it's just that my MAIN problem is pizza, and fast food... I was just more upset then usual I think because I had been doing SO good controlling my portions with the pizza... Having 3 slices is just scary because I don't want to go back to those old habits.
    Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete