Friday, November 12, 2010

First Day Back

Well, today went ok.
I started off with lunch at my son's favorite place (an Asian buffet) and thought 'man, I shouldn't even go.' But we had it planned for a while now, since he had today off of school and we haven't been doing ANYTHING.
It was good, I did OK- could have done better for sure. But I did better than I have been doing for the last week! Compared to that, today went very well.

I don't know what happened... I've been under stress (which maybe I'll vent about in a separate post) but that's no excuse...
Halloween- I had to much candy, but was feeling fine. I did well calorie wise as I hadn't ate anything else until dinner! The next day was going to be better, but I ate even MORE candy... everyday I got up with good intentions, and then ruined it... THAT is the difference. Since I started this in January, I never just said "oh well, I ruined it- start again tomorrow." I mean sure, at the end of the day when I sat down and looked at the day, I would say "tomorrow is another day." But I never just gave up and threw the whole day away because of a mistake.
After my Friday weigh in came around on the 5th, I pretty much completely stopped trying. Then on Tuesday I realized I could do my blog from the PS3, I decided to knock it off and get back at it. I did the treadmill that day, and was ready to go! But I got up the next day, said fuck it, and just ate what I wanted, when I wanted for the next 3 days. I did horrible all this time, but the last few days were the worst. I even decided 'Oh well, I already ruined it. I'll start again Friday after my weigh in." And that's what I did. That's why I'm in this situation... because of that start date mentality. Pick a date, pick tomorrow, whatever- and then eat whatever I want and pig out until that date... I used to ALWAYS do that. My whole life. But since I started my journey on January 1st, I NEVER did that and promised I would NEVER do that again. But I did. And here we are.

I feel like I'm starting all over. I did things that I used to do... I mean I was as bad as I have ever been! I ate to much, I ate when I wasn't hungry, I did just about everything I used to. It's the first time I can't say "Even though it looks bad, It's better than I used to be." Because it's BAD, just as bad as it used to be.
The only thing that is different from before 2010, is that I did drink water everyday. But only about 10 oz. I didn't have pop except for the last 2 days, a 12 oz glass one day and an 8 oz glass the next. Oh, and wheat bread instead of white. But that's it. Everything else was those old bad habits... they came back SO EASY AND SO FAST!!!!

At this rate, I would gain ALL of my weight back in 8 more weeks. 11 months worth of work can be gone in 10 weeks.... That is so scary. It is so scary that I have gained 8.2 pounds back. In only 2 weeks. Holy Crap.

I have to make sure this doesn't happen. And even though I'm determined now, tomorrow I might wake up and feel totally different. I have had a really bad time with being depressed, mostly I have been having CRAZY bad mood swings. I HAVE to make sure I stick to this no matter how bad my mood swings are. I really thing blogging is going to help though. Maybe if I would have had my computer the mood swings wouldn't have beens so bad, maybe I wouldn't have gone so far off track... maybe not at all!
Or maybe I would have gained anyway... would have ranted and wrote through my moods and you would all think I am completely insane!!!! (if you don't already lol) I really do think it's the first one though :)

SO, here's the plan.
BLOG EVERY DAY even before I lost the computer, I hadn't been blogging everyday. I think I was on a slow down hill slope... loosing the computer just gave me an extra shove off the track.
WEIGH IN EVERYDAY ON MY WEIGHT LOSS TRACKER
NO POP
LOTS OF WATER
EAT SMALL PORTIONS
EAT ONLY WHEN HUNGRY
AT LEAST 5 MILES OF TREADMILL PER WEEK (1 MILE PER DAY AT LEAST 5 DAYS) That is my goal, but I have such a hard time staying on the plan when I have days off... I might have to do it everyday.
CRUNCHES: no set amount but at least a few times per week. every other day if possible

So there we go. If I stick to that, I think I will be able to loose the weight and reach my 50 pound goal on New Years Eve.

It will be hard, but I can do it.

My biggest challenges will be: my sweet tooth that I have since Halloween (especially with my coffee). Being really hungry because of how I have stretched my stomach back out! My craving for Peanut Butter toast... I don't know what is up with that. I just want it all the time (like when I was pregnant) But I will be careful, and I can get over these hurdles :) And no, I'm not pregnant!

Ok, so here's the run down of my first day back:

Coffee: 105
3 tbs hazel nut liquid creamer
Lunch: 1200?
2 1/2 plates of various yumminess, water
Iced coffee: 140
Large glass with ice and 4 tbs hazelnut liquid creamer
Dinner: 210
1 cup Campbell's Chunky Soup- Vegetable Beef with white and wild rice, lean meat. 1 slice whole wheat bread. water
Snack: 190
Honey Peanut butter/1/2 tbs country crock whole wheat toast. water
Total Water: 37 oz
Total Calories: 1845? (645 plus lunch)

Treadmill: 26 minutes/ 1 mile. Incline 2. 2LB weights for 9 minutes
I was sweating like crazy! But I can do it, and I WILL! :)

I fell off the wagon. HARD.
I fell off, got trampled by a horse, rolled down the embankment, and landed in a mud puddle... But I got up. I'm muddy, but I can't concentrate on that... I can't let the mud, or anything that happens weigh me down... I have to climb back up to the road, and get back on that wagon and continue on my journey...
So here I go!

6 comments:

  1. You sound ready and determined!
    The wagon is ready for you to hop back on!
    That's what's cool about wagons.
    They are very forgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll been fine Tina - just a setback that you know you can fix because you have done this before [not fixing a setback, but knowing HOW to eat, exercise and lose weight] So we know you can do this. You're still here and kickin' and that is the most important thing. [And what Anne said too!]


    If you are craving peanut butter toast [don't get me started...nom, nom, nom - LOTS of sodium! eek] try the all natural versions of JIF or Skippy [yes, yes, definitely Skippy! :)] they are lower in calories and sodium [thank god!] So you can get your craving in and not do harm. y'know

    Just remember we are all here for you. And if Anne was so dang cute in her Wicked Witch get up I'd make her come over there and scare all that halloween candy right out of your house. heehee

    Hugs and love darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *wasn't - that should say "if Anne wasn't so dang cute."

    bah. it's late and my typing sucks [what's new, eh

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do this Tina. Yesterday was a good starting point, build from there. You are strong, you are determined. YOU CAN DO THIS! Oh and Skippy, I love, love, LOVE the natural Skippy peanut butter! It's awesome and doesn't have that horrible hydrogenated fat that is in most peanut butters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you got this off your chest and talked about it. You sounded a bit relieved towards the end of this rant/post anyway. I have the exact same mentality sometimes where I'll go completely gung-ho and eat two pizzas, a whole 500g bar of dairy milk, salad sandwiches, 20 packets of crisps, french fries, 2 packets of biscuits and more. Just out of the blue. Like a struck match. Then I have to walk for twenty hours to get back to where I was before, where I can take in my immediate surroundings and not be thinking about how fat I now actually am. How much heavier I am. It rips weeks out of my life like pages from a book, to the point where i actually put my life on hold in lieu of being where i was before (which was still too much really). You just don't realise at the time, how much life and effort and time you're going to have to expend to, at best, break even. To find yourself through all the layers of fat, and hoping that you can still be found.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne H, I am ready and determined. It's Sunday and I feel great (can't believe it- but I do!) And you're right about wagons, I do believe if I put in the work it will be very forgiving! :)

    Thanks SkippyMom :)
    I just have to have some self control, because I do know what I have to do right!
    Next time I go grocery shopping, I will for sure check out the all natural peanut butter (I think I did before and wasn't willing to pay the extra money, but it's probably worth it!)
    No candy hehe, I ate it all over a week ago! I find other things though, like cereal ect. But I'll have to just get control over that too!
    Hugs and Love :)

    Thanks Barbara!!! :)
    Will for sure check out that Skippy!

    Yes Verity Vaudeville, I am actually very relieved. I feel so much better to have gotten it all out.
    I now just have to stick with it and do the things I know I need to. It is so disappointing, but we can't concentrate on that right? I Wish I was loosing weight instead of just trying to loose and break even... bleh! But that's ok, I'll be there soon and back to making progress!
    I wish there was a way to guarantee we will never do this again, binge like that and loose all of our hard work... but for now I guess we just have to be happy with knowing we can fix it... and hope we don't fall off the wagon again anytime soon!
    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete