Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Good Birthday... Crack, Cake, and Suprises!

Lets start with yesterday.
Here's the damage:
Breakfast @5am: 725
3/4 cup crab salad, 8 club crackers, water
Lunch: 394
Tuna Sandwich on whole wheat with 1 tbs 'miracle whip', 1/8 cup cheddar, jalapenos. 5 baby carrots, 1 tbs light ranch, water.
Iced Coffee: 105
with 3 tbs pumpkin spice creamer
Dinner: 1107
2 double Decker style tacos, one hard shell taco, 1/2 cup beans, 1/2 cup of my quick Spanish rice, 1 cup milk.
Iced Coffee: 235
Iced coffee with 3 tbs hazelnut creamer and 1/2 cup french silk ice cream.
Total Water: about 15 oz
Total Calories: 2331
Yeah, not good I know.
The early breakfast was because I had went shopping after dropping Ray at work and was starving when I got home. Could I have chosen better? OF COURSE, but it's my birthday and I'm not going to concentrate on the bad lol. Let's concentrate on the good: While I was shopping I saw the cutest little bamboo set up in a little vase that would go PERFECT in my living room. But money is tight, and I didn't want anything for my birthday.

But then Ray asked me last night what I wanted, and I told him... "WELL, I did see something at the store this morning..." So at about midnight last night (after he had a nap and I had iced coffee) we went to get it. He thought he knew what it was, HA! So I let him lead the way to the middle of the store to a sweater I had commented on about a week ago. NOPE, the bamboo I wanted was half the price of that thing lol. But I love that he wanted to get it for me :) So we started walking... and stopped. He thought about it... and had NO idea :) I told him he can ask if he's hot or cold if he wanted... :) COLD.
This went on for about 10- 15 minutes! HAHA! Now remember it's midnight, and there was hardly anyone there... I'm hopped up on coffee, it's my birthday, and I'm playing "Hot or Cold" in the middle of a Super Store. HAHA! I could not quit grinning! And we would go... then stop... then turn... then go... then stop... and all I could think of, is the bored security guard watching the surveillance video in the back room. HAHAHA!!! He must have been thinking; WTF ARE THEY DOING? And maybe show his buddy these 2 people walking, stopping, turning, walking... the tall dark intimidating man with his hood on, walking around with this short girl who has a huge grin on her face and keeps laughing.... and I imagine him saying- YEP, they're on crack." HAHAHA! So I laughed even MORE! HAHAHAHA!
We finally ended up at the display with the different plants in little vases. He touched 2 before getting the right one... :) So it all ended well, and no one came out to investigate us :)
(But can you imagine, after all that, watching us buy a little bamboo plant and leaving??? They probably thought we were going to go try and smoke it!!! HAHAHAHAHA!)
So this was a GREAT way to start off my birthday. Hands down the best time I've ever had in that store haha!!! Shoot- in ANY store!!!

My scale was even nice to me today! This morning I was down 2.4 pounds from yesterday!!! After my eating? After taco night???? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??? For real don't ask me cause I have NO idea. I did get some walking in, playing reindeer games with Ray at the store lol, but still!

Today Ray surprise me buy telling me he called this place and we need ot go drop off my necklace to get fixed. It's a gold/diamond heart necklace he bought me years ago, and I always wore it until this year when it broke. We went and it only came up to $10.70! Wish I would have known it was that cheap before!

Then we went to eat at this awesome pizza place we just recently discovered. They have a $5 lunch buffet... not the best time to discover this, but man is it good! I don't know how they can only charge $5, it's awesome.

So lets get what I ate today out of the way:
Lunch: ?
At the Buffet- The best Salad (with ham, cheese, croutons, ranch) 3 slices of pizza, (1 ham and olive, 1 pepperoni and mushroom, 1 Vegetarian- Spinach, mushroom, tomato) 1 small bread stick, 3 mozzarella sticks, 2 brownies, water
Snack: ?
Small piece of cake, 1/2 cup French Silk ice cream (130 calories)
Iced Coffee: 105
with 3 tbs pumpkin spice creamer
Total Water: 27 oz

I know, Lunch was BAD. I even indulged in 2 of the brownies (the best brownies EVER). I planned on not eating anything for the rest of the day. And I figured those 2 brownies were better than having a cake at home and eating it for days!

My son got home and Ray secretly had him sign the card on the bamboo and acted like I didn't know about it :) They both came in with it and told me Happy Birthday! I love them :)

Then I got a huge surprise!
You may remember a couple months ago I won over at Happy Fun Pant's Review Blog... well it came TODAY! $150 visa gift card!!!!! It was even in a colorful Birthday like card! Of all the days it came on my Birthday! Woo Hoo!!!! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.... I REALLY need a camera... and black Friday is just around the corner.... ;)

Then another surprise. My Mom and Jeff came... with CAKE. She made me a whole cake. I didn't hide my 'what the hell' face. She said "Oh, you don't really need a cake do ya haha." Oh well. I don't think she is trying to sabotage me, I think she was trying to be nice :) She even brought frosting and food coloring for my son to help her decorate it. So I didn't use that face anymore lol. I only had a little piece, so it all worked out nice. (But now I have 3/4 of a cake sitting here!)

I also got a call from 2 of my brothers, and a text from my middle brother :) And a (slightly wierd) card sent from my Dad and Stepmom.

I still had 2 miles to do to make my 5 mile goal by tomorrow. I told Ray "Who wants to go on the treadmill on thier birthday?" and then I smiled and said... wait for it... "But I guess getting healthy is the best gift I could give myself." Haha, and I tilted my head and smiled! The cornyness was hilarious :)
But it's true right?
SO I did TWO miles, that's double what I have been doing. I did it in two shots, with an hour break between.
38 minutes/ 1.51 miles
14 minutes/ .50 mile, 2 lb weights for 5 minutes
I put the incline to 0 cause I knew it would be hard. But I DID it :)

And that's my birthday. I didn't plan on anything at all, but I got all these surprises :) It really was a great birthday. :)

Ray is getting a lot of extra hours because of the Holidays, so that's really good news. So instead of him having to be there at 4, he has to be there in about 15 minutes. So I gotta go!

Have a great night! :)

5 comments:

  1. Aw wow, it's your birthday? Happy Birthday!! *pulls out party hats and silly string* You have a great family and an even more awesome sense of humour. It's just the sort of thing I would do, and laugh at the reactions of those who see the security camera thinking 'wtf!!!'

    For my birthdays, my mum always prepares a HUGE fruit hamper, complete with pink ribbons curled by scissors and one of those see through wrappers encasing it all, sort of like the ones you get around flowers. It always makes me feel really accepted and gets rid of that whole cake fiasco, plus I can live off it for days.

    Don't sweat the over-indulgence; if you're allowed to 'cheat' then it should be allowed on your birthday ;) Just try not let your guard down with the remaining 3/4. I know you know, but sometimes we need a bit of team morale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy BIrthday....I didn't know it was your birthday...I am glad that you had a good day...and if you can't overindulge on your birthday when is a good time to do it...
    I am glad that you had a good day...
    Sending birthday wishes, lots of positive vibes and hugs to you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...Happy Birthday! Mine was the 13th. You're supposed to be entitled to goodies on your birthday but it's hard to stop just for one day. I start craving crap the next day, and the next day. It's so hard isn't it? Good for you though. I need to do it too.

    Thanks for coming over to my blog. So nice to actually 'meet' you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Tina, hope the rest of your day is as awesome as the beginning. Take care will catch up with you hopefully tomorrow. Big birthday hugs, luv ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Verity!!! I LOVE silly string haha :) It really was so much fun, who cares if we looked completely crazy? haha!
    That's great that your mom does a fruit basket! I really like that idea, maybe I'll give some hints about that next year, because I'm really struggling with this cake!

    Thank you colenic!!! It really was a good day. It doesn't really take much to make me happy sometimes! Oh, and I'm sure your good vibes helped too :)

    Thank you Barb! And late Happy Birthday to you also!
    Yeah, I really can't take a day off, or shouldn't anyway. I've had WEEKS off if I'm being honest! And it's so hard to get back into the groove!

    Thanks for the Birthday hugs Tessa! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete