Monday, November 29, 2010

What do YOU think about the New WW?

Have you seen this? Weight Watcher's is getting a point system overhaul, the biggest change in 13 years:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/health&id=7814937

I have never used Weight Watcher's before, but I know a lot of you have, or still do. Dear Margie was a lifetime member... It really seems to work for a lot of people... So when I saw this, I was just wondering what you thought about it.

It seems that fruit will now be 0 points... how many points were they before? Is this a big change?
I hate to admit it, but I think I'm afraid of change. So I thought of all the people that are on this plan, and wondered how it's going over...
Will it make people OVER eat fruit? Oh, I'm sure overeating fruit is a much better alternative than over eating other things (like my pizza!) but is it a possibility? Or is the change ALL GOOD?

I HOPE it's all good, for all of you on the plan. It sounds good, all the newest research and taking into consideration other things besides just calories... Hopefully whatever changes they are making will be for the better! :)
Just curious what my WW buddies out there thought of the whole thing :)

5 comments:

  1. I don't know much about weight watchers, but I do know some about body shaping.
    I think the fruits being zero points would be ok, if the fruit was consumed before mid-afternoon. Anything later than 3-4ish would be too late, and your body would convert the sugar to fat...
    That's just my two cents, hope that's ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a WW, BUT......
    I've heard other people say
    it will add a few unneeded steps -
    And alot more time -
    to an already hard process.
    Then people stay in the program longer,
    And pay more money.
    Just a thought.
    But a pretty good one!
    I have a post already ready to post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I belonged to WW years ago and I think making fruit 0 is a good thing. But, like anything if you now have an extra 2-3 points and use it on junk it defeats the purpose. So really it boils down to being accountable for your choices. I did well with them but when I quit going, it all came back plus 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is never easy. I don't follow the WW plan, but it does seem to require more time. I think like anything, it will just take time for people to get adjusted to it. I hope it isn't too difficult.

    How are you doing, Tina? I'm trying to catch up, after spending most of the last week or so, out of blog circulation. Are you ready for a NEW MONTH tomorrow?! One more, left in 2010, and then we start a new year and new commitment (recommitment) to our improved health! Now, if I can just say NO to homemade Christmas cookies and CHOCOLATE ... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra,
    Of COURSE that's ok! Your 2 cents are always welcome :) Thanks!
    You have a good point! When I wrote "Will that make people overeat fruit?" I thought- well that looks dumb... but you probably really could right?

    Ooh, Anne H
    I did not even think about the $ part of it, or it taking longer!!! That's a good point!
    When I read it, my first thought was: If it ain't broke, don't fix it! It seemed to be working fine before...

    Bouncin' Barb, I agree. If it were me? I probably would use the extra points on crap, knowing I could just get fruit in and eat how ever much I wanted later... I might even gain weight that way lol... but like you said. ACCOUNTABILITY!

    Hey Ann!
    I hope so too, that it all works out... and if it doesn't? That WW is big enough to admit a mistake and go back to how it was!
    I'm ok, thank you for asking! I actually have fallen pretty far off the wagon, and gained about 10 pounds back :( But it's ok, I'm over it and just want to move forward :)
    YOU on the other hand are doing AWESOME! Really, I am so impressed with how well your doing :)
    Oh cookies... so tempting! Good luck with that!!!

    ReplyDelete