Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just This Weeks Food and Exercise

OOPS. THIS IS THE SAME ONE I POSTED THE OTHER DAY. WHILE I WAS ADDING TO IT, I SOMEHOW SAVED IT AS A DRAFT INSTEAD OF POSTING... SORRY!

Even if I have nothing to say, or depressed and don't want to write... I think it is very important that I keep track of what I'm eating. So I'm going to keep track of it on this post. I figure that way only when I do a new(real) post, it will show up on the blog rolls... and I'll just update this everyday to show my food and exercise (or lack of). I figure this will get me back on track, without doing a separate post JUST to show what I've eaten every time.
Not that I'm depressed right now! I'm ok :)
We'll see how it works out, I might just do this every week after weigh in.
Since I already had Friday's on that last post of what I was eating, we'll start with yesterday...

Saturday-
Breakfast: 1280
McDonald's- 2 egg McMuffins, 1 large mocha frappe
Snack: 90
Mocha Bliss Special K bar
Dinner: 1375 (estimated)
Salad with ham, light ranch, croutons, mozz cheese. Ordered Florentines- 3 slices pepperoni pizza (one with jalapenos), 2 bread sticks with sauce, 4 oz coke
Total Water: 22 oz
Total Calories: 2635
Fast food... not good. 3 slices? Unacceptable. I would have been ok with 2. I would feel awesome if it was ONE. Didn't eat the crust on 2 1/2 of those slices. The nutrition info is not online, so I used a similar place. Ate salad first so I would eat less, didn't work as you can see! My fault, gotta get back some self control! Not enough water. Got to get back to at least 40 oz per day.
Now with my new plan, and recording what I eat no matter what- I'm sure I'll have less days like this one!!!

Sunday-
Coffee: 70
with 2 tbs pumpkin spice liquid creamer
Lunch: about 460
2 waffles, 1/4 cup syrup and 2 fried eggs, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 80
String cheese stick (mozz)
Snack: 165
1/2 'World's Finest Chocolate' bar
Dinner: about 545
Stuffed Squash (1/2 acorn squash filled with stuffing) with about 1/2 tbs Country Crock, 1 slice whole wheat bread with CC, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 82
1/4 Chocolate bar
Snack: 240
Cereal- 1 cup Special K Vanilla Almond, 1/2 cup rice squares, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 82
1/4 chocolate bar (the last of it)
Snack 1am: 300
1 cup special k with ff skim milk, 1 slice cinnamon raisin bread
Total Water: 42 oz
Total Calories: 2024
The 'about's are because I don't have the box for the waffles, but I estimated them to be 100 each. Also, step Dad made the stuffed squash, but I looked up the squash, stuffing and sausage and hopefully that is close to the right amount. The candy bar I bought when Ray's nephew came to the door selling them for school... I know, I could have just got Ray the kid one, but I got me one too. It was for a good cause! lol :) I know... that's no excuse! Anyway, mine is gone now.
Crunches: 100 (5 sets of 20)

Monday-
Breakfast: 250
Coffee with 2 tbs pumpkin spice creamer, 1 1/2 slices of cinnamon raisin toast with CC
Lunch: 460
Tuna Sandwich on whole wheat with 1 tbs (store brand) miracle whip, cheddar/pepper jack cheese, jalapenos. 5 baby carrots, 1/2 tbs light ranch. 1 pickle spear (1/4 pickle?) water
Snack: 300
Cereal- 2 cups Special K Vanilla Almond with ff skim milk
Dinner: 1090Romain salad with jalapenos, croutons, cheddar, 1 1/2 tbs light ranch. Pizza Hut- 2 slices medium (14") pepperoni, 1 slice medium pepperoni jalapeno, 1 1/2 bread stick with sauce. Water
Snack 2am: 250
piece of cold pizza
Total Water: 36 oz
Total Calories: 2350
I JUST got done writing that I could go one week without fast food... I told Ray this morning that I had made that commitment. Then I fell asleep around 4, woke up at 7 and still had to make dinner... Ray asked what I wanted from Pizza Hut and I told him "I don't care." Instead of saying "NOTHING!!!" But no excuses, no blame. It was my fault and honestly, just laziness! Even after it got here I kept telling myself, JUST ONE... but no self control... UGH. Now I have let myself down AGAIN, and all of you :(
I WISH I had the motivation or the excitement I did in the beginning... I don't. But I am sick of letting myself down, and feeling like crap. I will try and do better tomorrow... I WILL do better tomorrow.

Tuesday-
Snack: 90
Mocha Bliss Special K bar
Lunch: 500
2 slices left over pizza
Snack: 200
Cereal- 1 cup Special K Vanilla Almond w ff skim milk
Dinner: 535
About 4 oz BBQ chicken, 3/4 cup green beans + corn (with salt, pepper and a little bit of ranch seasoning), 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 350
Cereal- 1 1/2 cups Crunchy Granola Raisin Bran with ff skim milk
Total Water: 27 oz
Total Calories: 1675
Better calorie wise... but still not the best choices. As I ate that raisin bran, I thought 'Wow, this is GOOD. Must be a lot of calories.' Then when I looked, I was still surprised! 190 per cup, maybe I'll just let the kid have the rest of that...

Wednesday-
Coffee: 140
A little extra coffee, with 4 tbs pumpkin creamer
Breakfast: 140
1 slice whole wheat toast with honey peanut butter
Snack: 80
1/2 cup cottage cheese with a little pepper, water
Lunch: 1150
Arby's $2 toasted subs- Classic Italian and Turkey Club, water
Iced Coffee: 105
Coffee, ice, 3 tbs hazelnut liquid creamer
Dinner: 280
2 cups of Sweet and Sour Chicken (Green Giant frozen meal bag. Frozen veggies, pineapple, sweet&sour sauce. Add my own chicken) 1 cup, then 1 hour later another cup. Water
Snack: 165
2 pieces (1/2) World's Finest Chocolate Almond bar
Total Water: 36 oz
Total Calories: 2060
I really shouldn't have had Arby's at all. But having 2 instead of 1 :( It's because you have to get 2 for $4... but that is NO excuse. Next time Ray is just going to have to eat 1.. or 3! His choice! (I don't plan on there being a next time soon... but you know how that goes with me) I know it was a bad choice. I know I have to do better. I am going to try to do well for the rest of the day and keep those calories under 2000.
I went over by 60 calories, not bad... but if I would have only had ONE sub, that would have saved over 500! Grrr... I know it was stupid. SO stupid. I don't know what gets into me! And you want to know what else??? Ray wants to order pizza! We ALREADY ATE DINNER! I'm trying to talk him out of it, but if he really does... I'm not having any. I promise myself that, and you. It will be SO HARD, and the FIRST TIME EVER I am going to refuse pizza... but I will. Because I am dedicated to getting back on track. I need to get back to losing. I already messed up once today, I'm not going to do it again. I'm fine with 2060 calories, especially with all the exercise I got doing laundry. (Wet laundry is heavy! Had to wash it all, then bring 4 loads to the laundromat)
NO PIZZA TONIGHT, NO MATTER WHAT.
And tomorrow will be better :)

13 comments:

  1. Fortunately I drink black coffee without sugar. That's a blessing. And I cut out all soda. It's unsweetened iced tea or water or club soda when we go out. Now if only I could cut out the chocolate and doughnuts I think I'd be off to a good start.

    Good for you! Keeping track of everything does work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, Tina. No matter what else is going on in my life, I track my calories, writing down everything that goes in my mouth. It makes me feel as if I have control over at least one aspect of my life.

    The holidays are depressing for a lot of people, me included. But I'm not going to let it throw me off track. I'm going to try to enjoy it in other ways besides eating too much of the wrong things.

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you! tracking calories is great and will pay off in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone :)

    I was recording everything I ate for a long time, almost since the beginning... but these last 2 months I have really had a hard time, and stopped recording what I eat everyday. I know that hurt my weight loss. Now I feel like I'm starting over, but this time I know what I have to do, it's just DOING IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the coffee! I didn't even used to drink coffee! lol :) I was getting addicted to these Beaumont iced coffees (like frappuccinos) and they were 200 calories per bottle! So maybe 2 months ago, I followed some blogger friends suggestions and bought instant coffee to make my own iced :) Now I even drink it hot in the morning... something I never thought I would do! I got it down to 51 calories with a little sugar and coffee mate... but then discovered these pumpkin spice creamers... mmmmm :) But 70 is still better than 200 :)
    Pop is the only thing I can say I am doing well with. It us almost COMPLETLY cut out. I haven't had any in a long time... I just had a craving last night, but I feel fine about it. I only had a little and I don't want any today or anything. Now it is back out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "pretended" to trick myself.....
    I told myself "Just THIS summer (or fall, or holiday season, or whatever)
    Just THIS WEEK, even, I will not have fast food [or whatever the culprit is.]
    So my mind won't feel deprived or go into a craving mode.
    I can do anything for a week or so! And then I can decide again if I want to have the food item.
    Usually it works, and I promise: I have never looked back tearfully, and said to myself "Dang it, I really missed having beard two summers ago!" Nope - not once!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only a "beard" as I wrote above,
    (Which, by the way I DO NOT have -
    in any sense of the word ☺)
    But "BREAD," Which is actually what I meant to type!
    Altho, actually, a "beard" two summers ago
    would have probably been not so bad!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Anne H :)
    You know, after having fast food TWICE in one day, I thought "I REALLY need to do something about this!" and was going to write here that I wasn't going to have anymore fast food for one week! Then I chickened out... thinking that I might have some, and then let myself/you guys down.
    BUT you are right. And I think I can do it for one measly week!
    SOOOO NO fast food for a week, and I already have 1 day down, only 6 more to go! :)

    (I know it shouldn't be so hard to stay away from fast food... especially because we shouldn't be spending the money on it! But it is... BUT NO MORE for the rest of the week!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean, unfortunately. Feeling so depressed it's hard to keep yourself moving, pushing yourself towards that penultimate goal. Driving out towards achieving all of your dreams, even though the meanwhile is nothing short of monotonous. It's not so bad when you feel like you're treading new ground, but when you're simply retracing old steps, you start to feel futile. And then the malaise hits.

    But it's so cool that you're carrying on anyway, because that's how life works right. You can do it Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is exactly how I'm feeling... and even thought today "why bother?" But that was only for a short time, because I know the WHYs, and that I HAVE to do this.
    I just wish I could get that brand new feeling back... that motivation! I will, I HOPE! In the meantime I have to get myself back on track anyway...
    Thank you so much Verity :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at me - I am the comment queen today!
    About Arby's - I eat there sometimes,,,,,,
    just throw away the bun - or even the top bun!
    Also - "just one meal" might be a good place to start!
    Some times, just one week, that's a pretty long darn time.
    Especially during the holidays.
    I sometimes skip a meal and put the money into an account.....
    or give it to some homeless guy..... it's very humbling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are sooo right. Maybe giving onto Arby's isn't so bad, but NO WAY did I need 2 subs! Ugh, I don't know why I did that!
    I need to skip fast food and give the money to me! That's what makes it so much worse! WE CAN NOT AFFORD IT! And we've eaten fast food 3 times this week... It's really just ridiculous. I could be paying bills, buying Christmas presents- ANYTHING but fast food! ugh. :(
    Even though I feel bad about my fast food, I feel ok over all. I feel I can do better now, maybe BECAUSE I feel bad? Because I usually don't... but 3 times this week? What in the world???

    Now that I'm in the habit of recording everyday again, and feel so much better- I might as well go back to normal and make a new post every day with my food on it like I was. That way anyone interested in what I'm eating won't have to keep comming back here to look :)
    Thank You Anne H!!!

    ReplyDelete