Friday, October 29, 2010

Catch Up

First let me thank Ellie Great for being my newest "follower." Thank you for joining me in My Day! :)

I'm sorry I've been MIA for the last few days... I really don't know what it is lately, I have just been tired I guess. I haven't felt like blogging at all. I don't know why. I know blogging has helped me tremendously, so I'm not going to quit... I just needed a little break I guess? No matter what, I will always be here for my Friday weigh in :)
I would like to get back to blogging everyday. At least write what I ate... For some reason, once I stop doing something it is SO hard for me to start up again. I've been... off... for the last 2 weeks, and haven't been blogging daily. Haven't been getting on the treadmill daily either...

The Food:
I HAVE been keeping track of everything I eat though, just like before. It's all written down, so that's good. I thought I did bad this week, but looking back I really didn't! Instead of writing everything from everyday, here is a summary:
I was VERY hungry for some reason a lot of this week. BUT I didn't snack to much. When I did it was cereal or almonds.
I had a 'open sandwich' on Monday! That cut 80 calories, so that's cool. I have to admit it wasn't on purpose, I burnt one piece of toast lol. But maybe I'll do it more often (have one piece, NOT burn it!)
I did have 3 slices of pizza on Tuesday :(
On Wednesday I had lunch and was still hungry, after about 1/2 hour I had ANOTHER sandwich... I havent had 2 sandwiches since before 1/1/10... It's what I wanted though... and then I was satisfied so I guess I'm not mad about it... But I'm not going to do it again any time soon either.
I had 2 cups of coffee on 2 days. I guess because I was tired, also because I was COLD... Not sure if it's a good habit though... especially since I have also taken 2 naps, and am up at 3am ;)
I had some veggies this week, but NO fruit...
I think that's about it as far as food, nothing else out of the ordinary. I did ok this week :)
OH! WAIT!!! Halloween is in 2 days, and there is NO Halloween candy in the house. That is a FIRST. I'm proud of myself... but it's mostly because of not having a car lol ;) But in the past I would have found a way to get it, believe me! Ray will be bringing some home tomorrow though, so I'll just have to be careful...

Life:
In other news, I have been STRESSED about the car. But now it is finally almost over. It has been towed and should be done tomorrow! And I'll have a car back! You know I hate driving, but I hate not having a car worse!

It was BEAUTIFUL here in the beginning of the week, got to 74 (just 2 days after I told you it was 40 and my heat was on.) Then it got cold again, we had a tornado warning on Tuesday. We have had more tornado warnings this year than in the last 10 years combined I bet!!! I don't EVER remember a tornado warning during the school year. EVER. A lot of schools were closed, I don't know why my sons wasn't. So, since I don't have a car and didn't want him walking in it, I kept him home. He was happy :) We had a wind advisory all the next day. Today it was cold and rainy and I felt so bad he had to walk in it :( Hopefully those days are done!

All that I did to get rid of the fleas worked very well... for about 4 days. Now today they are worse than ever in the basement... I just don't understand! Getting MORE spray for the cats, and another 'fogger' for the basement in the morning. They are TINY, so I'm hoping they just hatched, and they will all be gone in the morning before they can lay eggs??? The stupid thing says it works for 7 months... I guess they meant 4 days when they wrote that. UGH! Going to have to buy some more Frontline, because it seems to be the only thing that REALLY works. I can't find it anywhere, will have to order it online. It is expensive, but we must have spent over $150 already trying to get rid of the fleas! They have some cheaper version of it on now, but obviously it doesn't work. The spray works but only for about 2 days... So I'll spray them every 2 days if I have to until I get the frontline, powder the carpets up here and bomb the basement once a week I guess! They don't bother us, and don't seem to be up here, but want to make sure to get them all. UGH... I'm sick of this.

I only got on the treadmill twice this week. :(

The kid has been slacking on his school work these last couple weeks. I tire fast of repeating myself, and will not be yelling at him about it everyday. That's just to much stress, so I made it clear today that if he brings home any grade less than a B- on his report card, he will be grounded from video games for the WHOLE marking period. 9 weeks without Xbox or Wii??? He will feel like I am the most horrible parent EVER lol. BUT he will also make sure his school work comes first from now on won't he.

Good news?
I have been doing more house work than usual :) That hasn't seemed to help my mood... but I'm sure it would be even worse if the house was trashed ;) Housework is exercise too, so even though I haven't been on the treadmill much- that has helped some. I bet if I had been on the treadmill all week my mood would be better!

Also walked to get my mail a couple times this week. Something I never do, but have to becasue of the car problems. I should make it habit anyway.

K, that's all for now. It's after 3am, Ray's up for work and wondering what the hell I'm doing :) I have been doing really good getting to bed at a good time except for tonight though!

See you in the morning for the weigh in! I was down today, but I also went back to bed and slept in REALLY late. So I hope I'm still down tomorrow!
Goodnight :)

11 comments:

  1. That is the very essence of what we are learning, I think.
    Not about how to fall. We all know how to do that!
    Not about how to get up. Ditto.
    But it's the actual getting up.
    Again. And again. And again.
    In that sense, we are all learning how to crawl; then walk.
    And sometimes, it makes for a very clean house!
    Good job, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina-
    I've missed you this week. Sounds like it's been a crazy week- glad that you are back. Have they figured out what's wrong with your car?? Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Anne H!!! Thank you :)

    Aww, I've missed you too colenic! Next time I decide to take a break, I will at least keep up with my blog roll! I missed about 4 of your post! :(
    I guess they figured the car out, and it is supposed to be done today. We will see!!!
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina! Man I've missed ya, I myself have been away from blogland much longer than a week but I'm back now because I need it. Just wanted to say hi, I'm going to skim through and read some of your posts (I doubt I'll make it through all of the ones I've missed since it's been MONTHS!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like those fleas are really persistent. It would drive me nuts having those little critters roaming around. I hope you manage to evict them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Barbara!!! I thought you were gone for good, I'm so glad to see you're back!

    You didn't miss much, I've been struggling since summer started, and haven't lost much. Gaining and loosing and gaining UGH! But I'm back on track and really want to be able to say I LOST 50 POUNDS on New Years Eve :) That's my main goal right now. I'll be over to check you out in a second! :)

    On a more somber note, you DID miss something horrible. I'm not sure if you knew Margie M, but being a weight loss blogger you might, or may have ran across her... You can read my post 'We Have Lost a Wonderful Woman' and 'We Have Lost a Wonderful Woman part 2' for details... about eight back. So so so sad :( It really hit a lot of us hard...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness Mark, I HATE fleas so much. As much complaining as I do,I guess I'm lucky. They are not anything like they used to be when I was a kid, it's a lot better... They don't bother us, but I hate to see the cats being bothered :( And I don't want to go in the basement knowing they are down there... BUT there are ZERO down there now... just have to keep a close eye on all of it! AND hope this stuff we put on the cats works!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am laughing at the burnt toast thing - yep, definitely one way to cut out 80 calories. lol Nice job tho' on the eating - and hey - you are always going to eat pizza, no way around it, why should you give up your favorite food, right/ But the difference is you had 3 pieces not 5 and didn't go back for more. I'd say that is a win-win.
    I have no idea what to say about the fleas - that has to be maddening - Are you sure they aren't coming from your neighbor's house/ Just wondering.
    And you are so right - housework is a great substitute for the treadmill, plus you get a clean house. Wish I could clean sometimes. heehee [I do really!]
    Have a good one. Enjoy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I can't believe Margie and her husband were killed, that's just insane. I think I'm in shock right now, total shock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I never planned on never eating pizza again... Not even in my mind of possibilities lol :) But I need to cut down, I was doing so much better with that, now all of a sudden the last week or two I've had it 3 times... Ugh. I can't afford it is the main reason I have to cut it out! 3 is better than 5, I want to get it down to ONE :)

    Barbara, I know. We were all in shock... I still can't beleive it :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. i feel ya on the whole flea thing
    it seems nothing works at all

    ReplyDelete