Saturday, October 23, 2010

Friday Weigh In and Catch Up

And the scale says...
279.8
That is a gain of .6 pounds
Making my Total loss 40.2 pounds

My Treadmill Totals for the week:
46 minutes/ 1.79 miles
I know... pathetic

It might sound crazy, but I'm ok with that. Except for last Saturday, I did really well this week. I wasn't very hungry at all, didn't snack much, and I think I did good. Thursday night I did end up snacking on a few things... maybe it would have been a loss if I hadn't done that... No fast food (until last night, after weigh in Ray and I had pizza). I only got on the treadmill 3 days... last day being Monday! So that's not good. Over all I did ok.

One thing I didn't do, is use my grief as an excuse to binge all week. So I think it shows I have made a lot of improvement since I started. I honestly thought about it, but I know Margie M wouldn't want me to. Instead I wasn't even hungry most of the time, so I'm thankful for that.
I haven't done my own blog since finding out about her... to be honest I haven't wanted to. I thought about not doing if anymore... but I do think it's helped me a lot. I have kept up with all the blogs I follow and tried to leave comments. Even if I haven't commented lately, I'm still reading :)
On top of not wanting to write, I just couldn't really think of anything else this week besides Margie and Bruce and what happened. It's still hard for me to believe and accept.
Margie's daughter has been so kind in keeping us updated even in her time of grief. I'm sure she'll never fully know how much we all appreciate it. Her last post was to let us all know they are back home safe, with the RV and Bruce and Margie's little dog. She does the posts on Margie M's other blog found here: http://www.bruceandmargiesfulltimejourney.blogspot.com/ It's so incredibly kind of her to think about their followers and blogland friends.

A new week:
I did have 3 slices of pizza last night, which I know isn't good. But I am not mad about it, I hadn't ate much at all yesterday, and I know I will have a great week anyway. I'm not going to let that get me down, and I'm not going to take until Tuesday to get back on track, I'm back on track right now.

I started off on a good note and did Crunches yesterday. 5 sets of 20. I'm going to really try and make crunches habit along with treadmill. Maybe every other day for the crunches? Or whenever my belly isn't feeling over worked? I like the 5 mile a week goal for the treadmill, so I'm going with that. Also allowing myself ONE day off without feeling bad about it. Which was yesterday. I'm also going to keep weighing myself over at the weight loss tracker. I haven't for a few days, but back to daily now. I think it helps.

Not much new with me. Finally gave in and had to turn the heat on yesterday. It was 40 and I was cold.
The car still isn't fixed.
The Internet is slow- but at least it's working. All of a sudden we have cable (we already pay for basic, which is only up to 31 and none of the kids channels or good stuff) so that's cool. It's missing a few like my court tv, but that's ok lol. I figure it won't last long, I don't even know why we have it. They owe it to us anyway with how expensive they are and how shitty the service is... so whatever.
I had my family over for dinner Wednesday. I never see them anymore, except when I get my brother to give me a ride lately. They didn't stay long. I know it's because I don't allow weed in my house anymore... and a whole hour is a long time to be without (rolling my eyes) but it was nice to see them. The middle brother couldn't make it, he's pretty busy with work and some more schooling.

I have been going to bed at a decent time every night (except Thursday, probably why I snacked) and last night was at 10:30. I was up at 7 this morning when I COULD be sleeping in! Ray is at work, and my son is... gone! He actually spent the night at a friends house last night! He's 12 and this is the first time he has done that. He used to stay sometimes with his cousin at my Grandma's, but she disowned everybody about 3? years ago. (story for another time) He used to stay at my Mom's (my brother's) sometimes, but not since I put my foot down and said he's not allowed over there anymore... so it's been a while since he's stayed the night anywhere. Ray is more nervous, but I am happy :) He is such a shy kid, and being an only child he just has us all the time. Which I love, but I worry about him. He's perfectly happy just hanging out with us or playing video games by himself, but I always wish he had friends, or would go outside and play... I was SO worried about him starting middle school, but it seems like he likes it. This year is going well for him so far, and he seems like he's getting more social and now he actually went to a friends house! :) So yeah, I'm happy about it.

I think that's about it. I am getting pretty sick of not having a car. My brother said he would take me to the laundromat today, but he probably forgot. I don't want to go today, since it will probably be crowded on the weekend... but it's his day off. So I'll call around noon and wake him up to remind him. He only works part time, but can't be bothered to get up before 1pm on days he works... ugh. You know last winter when they didn't have a car, I was taking him AND his girlfriend to and from their jobs, AND where ever else anyone over there needed to go. In the snow. I had to go get her from work at 11:30 at night, ON TOP of bringing Ray at 4am. They would even wait till the last minute sometimes and call "Katie needs to be to work in an hour." After telling me she didn't need a ride... Did I complain??? NOPE. But now that I don't have a car, no one even asks if I need anything. Not ONCE. Even though I have a child, and groceries don't grow out of my ass. Even though I brought them all everywhere. Even though they have 2 vehicles, between the 4 people, 3 of which don't work... Ray's Mom is the one that asks if we need anything. Ray's Mom who works full time, and lives across town. She's the one who brings Ray to work at 4am. Ugh... I could go on, but I guess I shouldn't. No use thinking about it, it only pisses me off.

Anyway, today might suck... it sounds like it's raining out too. BUT once laundry is done it will be good. I just wish I could get it over with... I'm sure he won't get here till about 3. Bleh.

Anyway, I'll try and get back to posting like normal.

I hope everyone has a good day. And I will try my best to also :)

1 comment:

  1. I think I love Ray's Mom. What a spectacular woman. It comforts me that at least you all have her.

    Hang in there - you know what I always say [and isn't it true?] It will get better. Your car is going to be fixed or you will get a new[er] one soon. Hang tough. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete