Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Got a Medal!!!

WELL.
First I have to tell you, I was very disappointed in myself for my eating yesterday. Oh, it wasn't even close to my worst, but since I have a goal set for Friday- I should have used some self control!!!
I had a plan. It was taco night so I was going to eat VERY light during the day. But that didn't happen. I did only have ONE taco :) That's something to be proud of.

Here's where I was REALLY disappointed. The Cookies.
Yep, I made some of those cookies after school when my son got home. My plan was to bake 8 of them. That way I would be able to have ONE and not see a whole mountain of them all day or anything. Well, I had a bite of cookie dough while making them. I had one, but they were kind of burnt so I made another 8. I had one of those, and they were SOOO delicious! Probably the best cookie I ever had! SO I had another one. Then I put them away and left them alone... until after dinner. Then I had another one... then ANOTHER one. Ugh. I really don't know what happened! SO all together I had 5 1/2 cookies. And these little things are 120 calories EACH. I really thought I would be ok, keeping my goal in mind. But I failed miserably! Ugh.

Here's What I ate yesterday:
Coffee: 61
Breakfast: 450
1 waffle, 2 fried eggs, lite syrup, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 23
Werther's
Snack: 112
1 String cheese with 10 Special K crackers
Lunch: 402
Leftovers- about 1 cup rice, 3/4 cup stir fried veggies, 1 buttered whole wheat toast, 1 cup ff skim milk
Bite: 60
Cookie dough
Snack: 360
1 cookie, then 2 cookies
Dinner: 802
1 'double decker' style taco, 1 cup spanish rice (just white rice with tomatoes, jalapenos and seasoning), 1/2 cup beans, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 240
2 cookies
Total Calories: 2510
Total Water: 54 oz

Knowing how many calories worth I had eaten in cookies, did keep me on the treadmill longer. :)
26 minutes/ 1.02 miles on incline 1, with 2 LB weights for 5 minutes of it
Days in a row: 5

Now today.
I actually had a bad head ache and ended up going right back to bed after sending the boy to school. When I got up at 11am I weighed in right away. I figured it would be a gain for sure. I just hoped I didn't do TOOOO much damage. The numbers popped up: 277.8. What?!?! So I tried again. YEP, 277.8! UNDER 278! I know that sleeping in might have had something to do with that, using the bathroom an extra time or whatever lol. BUT I'm still happy with it. Now all I have to do is keep it off for tomorrows weigh in!
So I went to my Weight Loss Tracker, and put in the numbers for today...
Do you see that???
Here, how about now:
It's a Medal!! For reaching my goal!!!
How cool is THAT!?!?!?! Obviously this just made my whole day :) I am still disappointed with my eating yesterday.Especially having NO control with the cookies, for sure. But yesterday is gone, and I can do great today! I'm just so relieved I didn't screw everything up. AND I reached my goal. The real test is getting to record it here for my Friday weigh in though. So I am going to do well today :) VERY well :) 

Car still isn't fixed. I still have a headache.
BUT, it is a beautiful sunny day, might even get to 70! AND... I got a Medal!!!!! Woo Hoo!!! :)

I hope you all have a great day :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey congratulations! :)

    I saw the title of your post and thought you had been given some blog award or something. The penny just didn't drop! :)

    Also, I just checked the database and you are officially the first person to reach a weight target since I opened up the tracker to the public! That's awesome Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tricia!

    Really Mark?!?!?! So I didn't only get a medal, but the FIRST medal?!?!?! Woo Hoo!!!!!
    Thanks Mark!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!
    Any and all progress is good progress, right!
    Slow and steady.... as they say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, slow and steady wins the race :)
    Thanks anne h!

    ReplyDelete