Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friday Weigh In, Turkey Burgers, and Cat Trouble

OMGoodness. This turned into a long and rambling post lol. Feel free to just skim it!

And the scale says...
279.2
That is a gain of 1.2 pounds.
Making my Total Weight Lost: 40.8 pounds

Treadmill Totals for the week:
2 hours 15 minutes and
5.26 miles :)

If it weren't for the treadmill (and being sick yesterday) I'm sure the gain would have been more, with the way I was eating last week. I think 5 miles is a good number to shoot for each week, and I will do my best!

As far as food, I feel much better, but I now want to snack all day! I don't know why, I just feel hungry all day, and even when I'm not- I want to snack anyway!!! Ugh. I think I did ok with it today, I gave in to the snacking- but only had a little bit...

I had a VERY busy day. In the midst of all this chaos, I realized how far I've come when my brother brought me to the store.
A GREAT REALIZATION:
As you know, my car isn't running (and now there is no more talk from ray's Mom about her guy... I have no idea why) and so when my brother brought me grocery shopping, I stocked up! So I got more than usual, trying to cover everything we will need for a while, since I'm not sure when I'll be going again. After I was all done shopping, and putting it all on the belt myself, putting it all back in the cart myself, I felt great! I wasn't tired, I wasn't sweating. I was just fine. It reminded me of a post I did when I first started this, probably in March or late Feb? I remember telling you how I felt bad because after Ray worked all night, he had to come to the store with me. I had recently gotten to the point where I couldn't go grocery shopping by myself if I was getting more than a few things. I was so tired and out of breath that I couldn't do the whole check out thing with out sweating like crazy...
but it's been a few months now, that I don't need any help (he helps me bring it all in when I get home) and today- even with extra stuff, I felt great :) It really reminds my why I am doing this. And that I have come a long way already, and I have to keep going!

Here's what I ate today:
Coffee: 46
Lunch: 404
Turkey sandwich (on whole wheat, with 1 slice pepper jack cheese, lettuce and miracle whip), 6 baby carrots, 1/2 tbs light ranch, water
Snack: 63
5 sunchips
Snack: 148
6 tortilla chips and 1 tbs salsa con queso
Dinner: 770
Turkey Burger (on white bun, slice of pepper jack, lettuce, tiny bit bbq sauce) baked beans, 9 sunchips, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 460
3 doughnut holes, 1 cup apple cider
Total Water: 41 oz
Total Calories: 1891
Wow... and I thought I did pretty good today! I can't believe those tiny doughnut holes are 110 calories EACH!!! And dinner really added up faster than I thought! That's more calories than I thought I had...

TURKEY BURGERS:
It was out first time having turkey burgers. I have to say... I'm not impressed.
I got Jennie-O Lean turkey burger patties 'with no artificial ingredients.' They tasted ok, we seasoned them with ranch seasoning... I definitely I like regular burgers better. The whole reason I got them is because they are supposed to be so much more healthy. But my extra lean ground beef has LESS calories than this! I am pretty surprised! Where my beef is 96% fat free, this is 93%.

I'm looking at the 2 packages right now, and here's the breakdown on a quarter pound of the beef and the turkey...
The turkey has 20 MORE calories, 3.5 grams MORE fat, 1 gram MORE saturated fat, 15 mg MORE cholesterol, 40 mg MORE sodium, 4 grams LESS protein, and 9% LESS Iron... Also, the beef has that little 'heart check' symbol, and is certified by the 'National Heart Association.'
The only good thing I see is that the turkey has 2% Vitamin A and 2% calcium... I need my iron more than those I think...
Maybe I got the wrong thing? I thought that the patties would be the same as if they weren't in patties. (I only got patties cause they were on sale) but maybe they aren't?
I don't know. Do you eat turkey burgers? If so, why?
I have some left, so I would love to know how you eat them! What you season them with and what you use on them... Please! :)

Treadmill: 11 minutes/ .43 mile, Incline 1, with 2 lb weights for 5 minutes
I have a treadmill story. It's the reason I was on it such a short time, and it's NOT a good story. You may leave now if you want, lol.
CAT TROUBLE
I'm on the treadmill and notice my cat is acting weird. I'm watching her and she starts pawing over in the corner by the PS3. Then she paws at the rug in front of the door... "Miya!" I say. She stops and runs off. She comes back and goes about 4 feet away from where I'm walking, and is just staring... What is she looking at? I wonder. As I watch her, I realize she is not just standing there, she is going to the bathroom!!! 4 feet away from me, in plain sight!! I was fricken SHOCKED! So I yell at her, like she's going to answer me, "Miya!!! What are you DOING!?!?!?" I get off the treadmill, grab her by the scruff and go towards the basement. The litter is down there, and I throw her down the stairs! ...
No I didn't, but I was so mad I honestly thought about it! I can't do that though, so I set her down and she runs down in fear. So I get to clean up a HUGE steamy pile of shit on my living room carpet. She must have been holding that for 2 days!!!! WTF!?!?! UGH, I was so mad.

So I didn't get back on the treadmill, but I DID get a work out.

Earlier in the day Ray had told me that he had  a couple fleas on his legs in the basement. UGH. So far we haven't been bothered, and haven't seen them in the house. Just on the cats, and know they still have them because of the scratching. But since the litter is down there, and they go to bed down there at night, it must have gotten worse in the last couple days. So before she did her business on the carpet, I had already bought some spray and the neck stuff for them while at the store. After I calmed down, I realized she must have only done that, because there ARE fleas in the basement, and they must be bothering her so bad that she didn't want to go down there. Poor thing :(
So I chased them all down, sprayed them all REAL good with this stuff, chased them all down again to dry them off, and brushed the 3 that I could after that. I was sweating like crazy! Miya was actually really good, I think she was still scared of me and how mad I was. After a minute of rubbing the stuff on her, I told her "It's ok." and she started purring. I know it's because she knew I forgave her, because cats DON'T pure while getting flea treated, trust me lol. But it's all done, and tomorrow morning I will put on the other stuff, that is supposed to last 1 month (WE'LL SEE). And once we get that stuff on them, we are going to flea bomb the basement. Fun Fun I tell ya.
SO keep your fingers crossed for us and the kitties!!! Nothing has worked so far, This HAS to work. I'm SICK of this crap. And I can't stand to see them miserable either of course. They are indoors, I shouldn't even have to deal with this!!! Grrr!

K, I guess I better go now lol. It's way past my bedtime, and I'm not tired, and am HUNGRY. I want chips and salsa con queso, but I think I'll have a small bowl of cereal :)
Goodnight!

7 comments:

  1. Thumbs up for PS3!!! :D

    Awww poor little kitties. I use Frontline Combo on my cat regularly. She goes outside a lot and this stuff keeps her bug free :)

    Do your cats never go outside? If that's the case, I'd wonder how the fleas got inside the house in the first place. At the first sign of fleas, you really have to act quickly because those little buggers will breed like wildfire!

    Hope you manage to sanitize the basement and get everyone purring again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Tina. Good for you with the grocery shopping. Even at my highest weight (320 pounds) I've never experienced what you did, so I will consider myself lucky. Sorry about the flea problem, hope your remedies work. Poor kitties,I can only imagine what they are feeling getting constantly bitten. Keep on trucking (or better yet walking on the treadmill). Big Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great, Tina. Especially with sticking with the treadmill. Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels good when you realize you can now do something you previously struggled with, doesn't it? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the kittie had what you had...
    Anyways, keep doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Mark, Ray LOVES his PS3. Good thing the cat didn't pee on it!!! lol.

    No my cats don't go outside at all, fleas being the main reason! I am not sure how they got them, this is the first time in 9 years I have had to deal with fleas.

    I figure it was when my mom was doing there laundry here in December. They have a dog and she had fleas.
    Or it was from last September when we got out last kitten, who was an outside cat. I'm just surprised it would take this long for an out break, for either of those possibilities!
    So maybe it's from outside? Somehow fleas just got in on us, or something from outside...
    OR maybe the squirrel I fed? He takes the food right ut of my hand, so one could have jumped into the house... Ugh, I don't know. I just hope it's done! The basement is flea free now, woo hoo! Now as long as the spray and liquid (frontline type) stuff worked it should be DONE!
    I tried frontline, it DID work great, but for less than 3 weeks :( and it costed $65 on sale for 6 treatments. And I have 5 cats lol. I can't even find it around here, but I will order it online again if this stuff doesn't work!!! My mom swears it does, so I'm hopefull!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tessa.
    Yeah, last winter is when I started really having trouble doing ANYTHING. My highest was also 320, and at 5 foot 1 inch tall it was just to much on my body. I feel soo much better now!
    The cats are good today :) I am very hopeful that everything we are doing now will take care of it for good!!!

    Thank you Jo!

    Thanks Mama Page, it really does feel great :)

    Oh I hope she's not sick anne h! She is fine today though, so I hope that was just a one time thing!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete