Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Found Something You Might LIKE!

I had to quick come and share with you.
I've been following Mark over at Fatophobia for a while now. I never signed up for the weight loss tracker or any thing. I was curious, but I just figured I keep track of all that here. Well, now he also has a place to Share, and I thought I might as well sign up, so I can take advantage of that and comment when I want, ect.
I checked out the Tracker today, and I have to say, it's pretty awesome!
I'm not one to weigh in EVERY day, but it has that option... It also has a food diary option (haven't checked that out yet).
It keeps track of your "target" dates, which I thought was pretty nice too. You know I don't do target weights, but as I said yesterday, I really want to do well this week and get back in the green. I need a jump start to get my ass in gear lol. So I set my target for next Friday (weigh day) and I want to weigh 278 pounds. So we will see!!! You can also set your goal weight, and any other targets. It has a calendar and a chart that keeps track of your weight. I like it :) In fact, I wish I would have signed up earlier! Maybe I will try and weigh in ever day, for just a little while! I'll see if it helps or makes me CRAZY. lol :)
I put in my info, and found out my BMI is 43.6. I was curios, and just never took the time to check it out. That's probably pretty horrible, but at least now I know. And now I will be able to keep track of it.
Oh, and by info- I meant name, email, height, weight, and a user name to go by (TinaM). You don't have to fill out some long form or anything, Or I wouldn't have done it lol! Easy Peasy.
Ok, that's all I wanted. Had to share because I think it's pretty cool. You should check it out!

Thanks Mark!

I'll be back later for your regularly scheduled program :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like spark people. That's what I am using to do all of that tracking...it's pretty interested but awfully easy for it to become a time sucking entity if you get involved in all of the social aspects (like I did at the beginning..you know blogging, community stuff, posting on people's pages ect.) for me the social stuff didn't work very well...but i do love their weight tracker and food diaries....very helpful...good luck with the tracking...it's always nice when something out there makes it a bit easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tina,

    I'm glad you like what you have seen so far. The site is still in development (just little old me working on it), so if you have any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to let me know.

    The tracker diary isn't a full food log. You don't list every item you eat, you just give a day a particular rating for food and/or exercise. This data shows up on your graph so you can see how good/bad days affect your weight line.

    I've tried to keep the site simple to use, but I am always open to ideas on how to make it more useful to people.

    Thanks for taking the time to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Mark! I really do like it so far. And I saw how the food thing works now, and that is even BETTER for me. I'll be listing what I eat here anyway, so to do it there to would have been time consuming. SO I like that it's simple anyway!
    I have no suggestions, but I'll let you know if anything comes to mind!

    I've heard good things about Sparks People colenic... I agree, Whatever makes this a little easier is a good thing!!!

    ReplyDelete