Thursday, June 3, 2010

Best Friends and Broken Cameras

My best friend Sarah flew in today. Her and her fiance came over, it was so nice to see her, and to meet him. I haven't seen her in 5 years I guess! I didn't think it was that long, but she said it was. She is pregnant too, and so cute. Ahh... I have to admit I'm a little jealous of her. She is here for the 10 year high school reunion. I didn't graduate, and most of my friends didn't keep in touch after I had a baby. She just bought a house, they both have great jobs, how nice that would be!!! BUT, I am so happy for her, that the tiny bit of jealousy I may have is pretty much gone...

On to my life lol: Ray is donating plasma to try and make ends meet here. I have to get a job, that's all there is to it. I get so discouraged when I look for a job, because there are none- and if there is, I just feel I have no chance in getting it over other applicants. I would be donating too, but I have TINY veins, so they won't let me.

I didn't eat much today, I guess a little bit of nerves? Mostly it was because between Ray's Bio Life appointment and Sarah visiting, I just didn't have time! I should have grabbed a fiber plus bar, but the nerves made it so I wasn't even hungry and didn't think about it. But by dinner time I was VERY hungry and over ate.

Here's My Day:
Breakfast: (375) Bagel with cream cheese
Dinner: (957) large bowl of taco salad (12 tortilla chips, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 4.6 oz 97% lean beef, lots of lettuce) 1 cup of red beans and rice, 1 soft shelled taco, 8 oz cherry coke
Total Water: 40 oz
Total Calories: 1350
The taco salad was a last minute decision, and is missing some stuff like beans that we usually have in it but didn't have in the house this time. The 12 chips, weren't all actually in the taco salad. Some were, but I admit to snacking on the chips while making it. So 12 is the total chips I had.

Oh, I forgot. You may remember my camera that I loved broke. So then I got a new one, about 2 months ago. WELL, it worked fine last night, and is broke this morning!!! When I really needed it! Of course it would be on the day Sarah comes to town after 5 years.. UGH! So I don't know if I'll be able to post my weight tomorrow. But you can trust me LOL, I'll tell the truth. No matter how much I gain!!! I also didn't get my first of the month pics either...
I don't know why I have such bad luck with cameras. It's crazy. I had the same 110 film camera for almost 10 years... it never did break, I just needed to get with the times and get a 35 mm. I went through 2 of those in 2 years. Both broke. Then on to digital. This is my second one broke in 5 years and they are NOT cheap!!! UGH! I never dropped them or anything!!!
Taking pictures is something I love and helps me relieve stress, so I am upset. Hopefully this one has some sort of warranty, since I haven't had it that long... This one is a GE and wasn't as expensive as my Kodak I loved, but still! I expect more than 2 monthes out of it!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment