Monday, June 28, 2010

The Weekend

Didn't do so good this weekend.
Good points, I had a spinach/romaine salad. Got in 60 oz water Saturday and 40 Sunday. Got in exercise and sweated my butt off yesterday as it was Round Two of the flea treatment for all 5 cats. (spraying, rubbing in, waiting 10 minutes, drying off, then brushing x 5) Also took back about $30 in bottles lol, which was also work. Did good with portion sizes most of the time. No Iced coffee all weekend.
The bad points: Had 3 bowls of ice cream over the weekend. Over ate last night- had 4 slices of pizza! Had one 6 oz glass of pepsi. No treadmill.

I have had a headache for the last 2 days. But I feel better this morning :)
It's that time of the month too. I felt kinda crappy yesterday. I really shouldn't complain, I felt 10 times better than I USED to during this time! If I have a 3 day period, it will be the third month in a row!!!! THREE DAY period! That just makes me so happy lol. TMI?? Sorry :) But if you've been reading for a while, you may know that I've always had really long/painful periods (when I had them) including one that lasted 48 days in January. So 3 days is just... mind blowing to me :) If this is my new regular, I am SO happy!

Just wanted to quick catch up. I still have leftovers of the pizza in the fridge so I will struggle with that today. BUT I don't want to gain back ANY of the weight I have lost in the past 2 weeks, so I am going to have to really be careful with the pizza and ice cream that are calling my name. In fact, the first is coming up. I would LOVE to be able to say I lost 40 lbs at my 6 month mark :) That would be so awesome to me! So we'll see!
I would also love to take a picture on the 1st, but don't get me started on my TWO broken cameras!!! We'll see what happens with that also :(  Stupid Cameras... grumble grumble...

Have a good day, I'll be back tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Although I try not to give our pups table food I got to thinking of what you could do with that leftover pizza to avoid eating it and decided you should get a dog. heehee [just kidding]. I know how hard it is when something you LOVE is there and you want it so much and just know the outcome of eating it - I swear I could hoover an entire sleeve of saltine crackers right now, but know that I would pay handily for it because of the salt. When I made the chicken this weekend I gave the skin to the dogs after dinner because I knew I would exceed my sodium and the resulting water retention in my lungs would suck. And you know I wanted that skin, grrr! It was just easier to pawn it off on them then have it sitting there, y'know?

    It would be nice to find a healthier alternative to "pizza joint" pizza - sometimes we homemake ours - I should experiment with ingredients for you and see if I can come up with something that tastes as good as a delivery pizza. How do you feel about whole wheat? heehee

    Take care and good luck with the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea about the dog LOL!!! Oh how I WISH we could have a dog! (Not just for the table scraps of course haha)

    Even though we ordered some pizza lately, we've actually been doing pretty good with fast food...well BETTER anyway :)

    We have made pizza a few times... I haven't settled on a crust yet. Most the time I'm not happy with the way it turns out... last time we got one of those already made crust in the package, it was good... What kind of crust do you use when you make homemade pizza??? How do you make it? I would try wheat, maybe I'll try that next :) I just wouldn't tell my son haha.
    Thanks SkippyMom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina - When we make our crust we use a basic dough recipe [with yeast] and that works pretty good [we like it :)] but I was thinking about using half whole wheat and half white flour at first because it wouldn't significantly change the taste [and your son probably wouldn't notice - bonus!]

    If I am feeling particularly lazy we will buy the Pillsbury Pizza dough [in the can, where you can buy their nummy rolls and crescents] that is really good too.

    One of the things I find important when I make pizza dough is to always use cornmeal on the pan - it is healthy and gives the pizza an extra kick - like the pizza joint pizzas.

    I will post the recipe for it soon - promise!

    Hugs and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete