Sunday, June 13, 2010

Saturday's Cookout

WELL. It was a long day but lots of fun :)
I went grocery shopping at 4am, that's the best time to go lol. Went back to bed a couple hours, picked up Ray form work later, made my pasta salad and had that delicious breakfast that was horrible for me and a bad idea, got showered and ready, and we were off!
We had a good time at the cookout. I didn't do so well with the eating though :( I really thought I would do well, but I didn't. I was extra hungry which didn't help matters.
Fireworks were short, but we enjoyed them. We ended up not going over to the 'carnival' part, because we stayed at the cookout most of the day and my son was having to much fun in the little pool with all the other kids lol. They didn't have much over there this year, and what they did have was to expensive!!! It sucks having no money.
Over all I had a great day. My eating was horrible, it started  off bad, and ended bad. Summer is proving to be very hard for me. Especially these cookouts! I don't know why, I guess it's because Summer+Family+Friends has always equaled food for me. I hope by the next one I am back to eating better and have enough will power to finally be able to say "I was at a cookout and I did GOOD!"
 Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: Iced coffee and 2 chocolate chip cookies
Lunch: 1 hot dog on a bun, 1/2 a cheese burger on bun, about 2 cups total of 3 different pasta salads, bout 1/4 cup of potato salad, handful of potato chips, 1/2 cup baked beans, 1/2 cup pistachio pudding, Water.
Drink: 1 can of root beer
Snack late: 3/4 cup of my pasta salad
Snack later: 2 chocolate chip cookies and an iced coffee
Total Water: about 46 oz

I didn't get home till about 11pm, and knew I wasn't going to do the treadmill. BUT I went to 2 different stores today, and walked back and forth from my brothers to my cousins twice. I should have done it anyway, but it was just so late. I will give myself some slack on busy days like today, but I need to try and do it in the mornings, that way it will be done even if I do get home late!!!
I know, today was a disaster as far as eating, but I'm not giving up or throwing in the towel. Just have to do better... MUCH better.

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, you didn't do too badly. Look at all the walking you did! And your awareness that this would be hard for you probably worked in your advantage.

    Tell you what, I do really well with cookouts--it's the winter holidays that do me in. So I can support you in the summer, if you'll do the same for me in the winter. :-) Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family or friend gatherings are always difficult. So many in the group are just munching away mindlessly and it sort of rubs off. I can have a strong resolve to do well, and then I get someplace and my brain turns to mush and I behave like the rest of the folks in the group. It just takes practice to begin to do better in social settings. You're doing pretty good in that you are at least mindful of how much and what you've eaten and are journaling on it. That is part of the battle to help you win the war.

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Babe!!! It's a deal!!! :)

    Yep Margie, I do believe that... if I wasn't writing down what I eat, I wouldn't have even paid attention to how much I was getting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what the???? I posted a comment earlier, and it's not here! Ugh! Let's try this again...

    Thanks Babe!!! It's a DEAL :)
    I think so too Margie. If I wasn't writing down what I eat, I would have paid no attention to how much I was putting on my plate!

    ReplyDelete