Monday, June 21, 2010

The Question of the Day is...

What's your Native American Indian name?
That's the question I saw on a friends facebook today. I usually don't take these stupid quizzes, knowing that if I am honest I will have the stupidest, dorkiest outcomes imaginable. His was something like Lightning Horse... so I was sure if I bothered, mine would be more along the lines of Slow Worm. BUT today for some reason, I gave in... Maybe my Native American instincts told me too??? LOL, ok maybe not :) But I did it, and answered all the questions honestly. This was my result:
Rain Pebble
You are calm and collective, you are able to see past the troubles life may bring.
You are always prepared and have things planned out.
 
Well... I have to admit that sounds exactly like me. It is so simple, yet I was in shock I have to say. I have been very stressed lately and when I read this, it made me feel better. The second sentence describes me perfectly, but it is the first that made feel good. Those 11 words some how verified for me that I am ok... That even though lately I have become a little detached, it's just my way. It's how I will be able to move on... And even if it is some stupid online quiz... somehow it seemed like someone appreciates these qualities in me, when no one in the real world even notices or cares... I know, I better stop typing before I start to sound CA-RAZY :)
Anyway, Rain Pebble isn't the most awesome Native American name I could dream up... but I kind of like it. I'll take it :) 
If you have a facebook page, I would LOVE to hear what your name turns out to be and why!!!!
 
K, back to the real world I guess ;)
 
Today was Father's day, I told Ray and left a nice little poem I thought up in 15 seconds on facebook :) Our son made him a nice card. He slept in and spent most of the day discing, I think he had a good one :) When I get a job I will surprise him with gifts like I used to... I called my dad and that went well. Haven't talked to him in about 6 months... I told my Mom to tell my 'Stepdad' when she called to talk for a minute this morning...
Happy Father's Day to any fathers that might be reading!!! (or any mothers doing both jobs for that matter ;)
 
Still No Air conditioner, and today wasn't nice like yesterday. It was HOT and sticky. Yuck. On top of that, Ray found 2 fleas on one of our cats. I HATE fleas. I mean with a passion. My house was infested on several occasions when I was growing up, so now any sign and I spring into action!!! My cats are indoor (also because of my hatred of fleas), so it doesn't happen hardly ever. Once when we adopted a kitten (our Gza), I saw one flea on it before we entered the house. So I ran it up to the bathroom and put it in the tub, washed it thoroughly and flea bombed the WHOLE HOUSE... even though she hadn't even set foot in it LOL.
WELL, this time it wasn't as easy. I have 5 grown cats now. Me and Ray chased them all down, had to spray them all and rub it all in. Needless to say, they DID NOT like it. After 10 minutes I had to chase them all down again, and towel them all off. Then I had to chase them all down AGAIN and brush them all. This last part wasn't as hard, only 2 of them hated it but did good, 2 of them sat really good through it, and 1 LOVED it :) So we'll keep our eyes open and fingers crossed, and if they aren't all gone we have to do it all over again next Sunday! I guess that's the joys of having 5 cats LOL (that and the litter.) I was raining sweat when all this was over by the way!!! In all it took about an hour! Not to mention all the laundry and continuous vacuuming I'll be doing this week LOL.
 
Even through the heat and chasing down cats, I was in a good mood all day :)
 
What I ate today:
Breakfast: (300) 1/2 bottle iced coffee, 2 slices of raisin toast w/ a little bit of country crock
Lunch: (390) Tuna Sandwich with 1/8 cup cheddar cheese, 1 tbs miracle whip on whole wheat, 5 big baby carrots with 1 tbs light ranch, water
Snack: (300)  sundae nut cone
Drink: (200) 1 9.5 oz iced coffee (spread through out the whole day)
Dinner: (465) General Tso's Chicken (includes rice, carrots and broccoli. An Asian Specialties frozen Family Meal, VERY good)
Snack: (35) orange freeze pop (you know, those little frozen popsicles in the plastic)
Total Water: 40 oz
Total Calories: 1690
 
No treadmill... I know I have to get focused and stick with the plan! I know this is a major part of my weight loss. But instead of telling you how bad I feel about it every time I don't do it, or telling you reasons why (because they just sound like excuses which I don't like) I will just leave it blank. You will know when the Treadmill in red letters isn't there... that means I didn't do it.  I am going to concentrate on the good, and when I DO do it. Not so much on the bad and when I don't... I hope that makes sense and you understand where I'm coming from on that...
 
*I did NOT take that picture, it is from the quiz results for me

3 comments:

  1. I have to chime in with I THINK IT IS A GREAT IDEA (she shouts) to not beat yourself up over not doing the tread.
    to leave it blank unless you feel as though you WANT to process through why you didnt do it etc and let us help if we can.

    to motivate or just to listen.

    guilt? schmilt :)

    save that for something which violates yer moral code :)
    definitely not the treadmill.

    heres to a great week.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing helpful or useful to say. I just wanted to give you a bit of a laugh...I had a friend in college who told us her Indian name was "Breaking Wind." It still makes me laugh when we thought she was serious for a minute. Hope it made you laugh too!

    Bariatric Babe
    http://scribblinginthemargin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by MizFit! That is exactly my thoughts on it. No use in concentrating on the bad! Thank u :)

    Babe, that is funny and it did make me laugh :) If I could have thought of something like that, I would have used it in the post LOL!
    Oh, and a laugh is ALWAYS helpful and useful :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete