Friday, June 11, 2010

Glad THAT'S Over With!!!

Today was my weekly weigh in... it seems like FOR EVER since I stepped on the scale, but it's only been since last Friday! I was dreading today... and for good reason! The scale says...
Yes... that's a gain. A 4.4 pound gain.
I weighed 287 pounds 7 weeks ago! SEVEN!!!
It's like I have wasted 7 weeks!
This week I only did 2 days of treadmill, making my totals:
46 minutes/ 1.8 miles
Needless to say, I am disappointed in myself... but I knew this was coming today, that's why I was dreading it. BUT it's done with, and it's time to move on!!!

I have the same plan of attack I started out with on January 1st 2010. Except I didn't have my goal of 1 mile a day on the treadmill. Now that I have been off it for at least 5 days now, I am a little worried it will be hard for me to do the whole mile. But I will get on it anyway, and hope for the best! Anything is better than nothing right? Blogging every day even if it's just to record my food, will be mandatory! K, I think those are the main things I have to remember...

A new reason to make sure I loose weight, is my blood pressure. I actually went to a doctor today!!! WIERD RIGHT? I don't do doctors, well it was actually the med center, because I don't have a doctor. I won't go into to much detail, but I got bit up at my mom's 2 weeks ago tomorrow. There were biting flies out and mosquitoes, and they got me. Well, long story short, I have large rash like spots on my legs still. After going on the Internet and scaring myself into thinking I had ring worm, I forced myself to go in today. It is not ring worm, but an allergic reaction to the fly bites... but anyway, back to the point.
My blood pressure is ONE away from being high. I'm not sure of the numbers, but I think it was 139, and high is over 140. I feel extremely lucky that I don't have really high blood pressure, diabetes(that I know of), asthma, or any other serious condition. Especially at my weight! I mean that, I am SO THANKFUL.  I also had to weigh in twice lol. The scale there said 290, and I had my flip flops and clothes on, so I think my scale must be pretty accurate.

Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: (200) 9.5 oz bottle of iced coffee
Lunch: (709) Tuna sandwich with 1 tbs miracle whip, 1 slice of 2% cheese, pickle slices, on whole wheat. 3/4 cup macaroni salad, 5 baby carrots with 1 tbs light ranch.
Snack: (355) .5 oz almonds, .5 oz cinnamon almonds, 9.5 oz iced coffee
Snack: (130) Hearts of Romain Salad with 3 tbs croutons and 2 tbs thousand island dressing
Dinner: (590) 1 broccoli stuffed chicken, 1 cup broccoli cheese rice, Water
Snack: (15) 6 small pieces of watermelon
Total Water: 50 oz
Total Calories: 1999
Could have been better, but it could have been worse, like the total binging of the last week!!! I was HUNGRY a lot of today :( But I know once I am eating small portions, my stomach will shrink back up and it won't take as much to fill it. I don't know what made me buy thousand island dressing, just trying something new. I know a lot of people love it... well, I thought it tasted like ketchup, miracle whip and pickles. lol, I would eat it on a burger, but probably not on another salad :) This week I have drank one or 2 of those ice coffees every day. I need to cut down on those, WAY down.

Treadmill: 16 minutes/ .61 miles
Was a little harder than I though. Even though it was only 16 minutes, I was a little out of breath and worked up a sweat. Sad... I know.

Tomorrow is the fun day they have every year, over where my brother lives. My son won't do any of the little rides, no matter how I try to talk him into it! He looks forward to the elephant ears though. As much as I wish it was the fun rides and things, it is only one and only once a year. They are pretty good lol. There will be a lot of walking. There are fireworks in the evening and a cook out at my cousins. Now, I have already had 3 cook outs this summer, and I over ate at ALL of them. Tomorrow I want to be able to say I did good, and be proud of myself! It will be hard, but I'm up to the challenge :) Wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

  1. I think it's totally unfair that fatties have excessive weight gain as much as we do when we go off of our diets just a bit. I have a friend who can eat the same crap I do and not gain a pound...but me...oh no...5 pound gain, at least! WTF??

    I'm in your corner...took courage for you to get on the scale and see the damage. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks. I got off my diet more than just a bit... I pretty much binged for a whole week. I told my fiance I probably gained about 5 pounds back, but he didn't believe that much in only one week... but the scale don't lie!!! I am glad it wasn't more!

    I guess it's the trade off, being so heavy I can make mistakes others can't and still loose... so when I mess up big it comes back fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - it was a bit of a sidestep, but seems you got back on track pretty quick - you kept it at under 2000 cals and did 2/3 mile on the treadmill after one week off - that is pretty awesome.

    I liked walking on the treadmill while watching TV - but I covered up the mileage with a towel and walked for 30 minutes [length of a tv show] and surprised myself with what I walked - I always found that if I watched the counter it seemed so much harder to get to the mile [or whatever I was trying for]. I also would put on a load of wash and walk until it was done [about 20 minutes depending], throw the clothes in the dryer and go take a shower! :D Multitasking...woohoo! hee

    Cookouts are tough - everything is so good - but I try and avoid breads [the rolls and corn muffins - for the salt - and they are high in carbs/calories] and eat more of the crunchy veggies and fruits - and if I know that stuff won't be there I bring it as my part of the cookout. But I always get my hamburger fix [sans bun :D] Turkey or ground pork mixed with the hamburger tastes good too and cuts calories.

    I don't know how much caffeine you drink [in coffees and sodas] but I found out caffeine makes us retain water [no no for me & CHF] and maybe if you tried to switch to non caffeinated that might help a bit since you are doing a great job drinking your water - perhaps you won't retain water [if you are]. I thought for sure I would get headaches from stopping caffeine [I used to get cluster headaches] but the ones I did have went away pretty quick.

    Hey - just thinking out loud here. LOL.

    One more thing I love and I found it b/c it is [again] low in sodium - but also low in calories - if you like peanut butter - is the JIF All Natural peanut butter. So freakin' yummy & good protein. It is so much better than the low fat versions.

    I am happy to hear that your bp is within range, that is awesome - it is good if you can keep it that way without the medications they are always trying to push, y'know?

    I do wish you luck and know you can do this - you are committed - it just takes time to change behaviours you have had for so long - but I am convinced you and nice ladies like Terese can do this. We're rooting for you.

    [And don't you know I consider you a tadpole too? :D]

    Hugs and have a great day at the carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have sworn I posted a comment on here early this morning but alas the blog gremlins have taken it away. Tina, don't let this gain discourage you from continuing. Those of us that have a fair amount to lose always seem to be able to gain it back faster than we can lose it. Have no idea why that is just something that happens. I hear you with the iced coffee, my favorite is Starbucks Frappichino's with lots of carmel sauce and whipped cream but at 750 calories each I cannot even afford to look at them. I got a Tassimo coffee maker for Christmas and that has helped me a lot as the highest calorie for my latte's is 110, a far cry from 370 for the boughten ones. Summer is a hard time but then so is winter for me. I have gotten used to eating my burgers and hotdogs bunless so as to avoid those dreaded carbs. Another favorite of mine is potato salad, so now when I make it I use one potato and one egg with lots of veggies so there is only enough for one serving each for hubby and I. I am glad that your BP was good, it does not take much to send it over the top. I have been struggling with mine for a few years now, not an easy thing to do. Hang in there and try to drop a few of the carbs adding for fresh fruit and veggies and you will start to lose again. Do a little at a time on the treadmill and you will get back to where you were. We will do this and we will do it together!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks SkippyMom.
    I actually LOVE peanut butter. I stopped eating it because it was giving me heart burn, but the last time I had some it didn't. I think I'll try the all natural Jif! I tell myself ever time I will eat more fruit less of the other sides, and I haven't yet! I even brought fruit to my Mom's last week, and didn't touch it! Yeah, I gotta have more self control! lol. I drink these little bottles of "iced coffee" they are a cheap but still delicious version of the starbucks frappuccinos in a bottle. I am curious to how much caffeine also... I will try and find out...
    I hope you know I am so honored to be a tadpole :)

    I don't know what's up with blogger lately Tessa!
    I'm making sure not to get discouraged :) Summer is proving to be VERY hard for me, especially these cookouts! BUT I know I need to get it under control or soon I will have gained it all back! That is a good idea, eating my hot dog without the bun. There are so many pasta salads and stuff, that I really don't need the extra carbs! I hope by the time the next one comes, I will be back to eating better, and dedicated enough to skip the bun! YES! We can DO THIS! Thanks Tessa! Hugggs :)

    ReplyDelete