Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Back

Not that anyone noticed I was gone LOL. It wasn't for that long, but I've posted EVERY day for a long time, so for me it was :) Blogger wouldn't let me write! When I tried to post it would say "Blogger unavailable at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience." I thought it was just down, but then saw that everyone else I follow was posting, so it was just me??? Crazy!

This weekend was an eating disaster! Friday night during the movie it started. Saturday the same: I was doing a lot of snacking. A LOT. Doritos and mini chocolate doughnuts somehow got into the house (ok I bought them...) and that was my main problem. BUT I was in a good mood... In fact I was in a GREAT mood. I wasn't eating out of depression or anything. My house was clean, I felt good. I had done the treadmill in the morning and it was out of the way- wonderful! I even went over to my Mom's and did a bunch of her dishes. I don't ever just go over there and do that! But she was having a cookout Sunday for her Birthday and I knew her house was trashed, so I decided to help. She really appreciate it :)
Sunday I stuck with ONE hot dog at the cookout, but managed to over eat anyway, with all the tasty sides everyone brought, I ended up with 2 plates. AND a piece of my Mom's birthday cake. A lot of family was there, it was nice. I brought fruit dip and cut up a bunch of fruit for it. Cantaloupe, grapes, and strawberries. I also brought watermelon, but that I bought already cut up, no room in my fridge for a watermelon lol. Mom sent home some of the sides with us, and I snacked on them instead of all my fruit... I did remember my water so I wasn't drinking pop the whole time. I did have 2 sips of ray's though...
Monday wasn't any better.
It was also my sons graduation dinner. I had to much dinner, and then had cake. That's 2 pieces of cake in 2 days!
Yep, my son graduated the 5th grade... how did he get so old so fast???
Here's a picture of after we got home :)


Is he taller then me??? No... he can't be...

I gotta tell you, I have been so antisocial for a long time, and things like Sarah visiting, cookouts and graduation dinners are very stressful for me. Once I'm there, it's fine. But waiting for them sucks. Hopefully that will get better....

Right after this picture was taken I went and changed into my '1st of the month picture' shirt, and got that over with too lol. So there is a new picture I have to post over in those pages. Of course, it was with the old camera... and I washed the shirt and I think it shrunk a little... So over all, taking my pic in the same outfit every month isn't having the effect I hoped for. Oh well lol.

So over all, these last few days have been good, but eating BAD. The good part? I got in at LEAST 40 oz of water everyday, 70 oz yesterday! The worst part? On top of all the snacking? I didn't do the treadmill Sunday OR Monday. Also, Since Friday, I have not done ANYTHING to this house. If we weren't eating somewhere else so much, the dishes would be HORRIBLE, but right now they are just.. semi horrible.

Today my son had another exciting day :) And he was exited! We had to get up at 5:40am. He had to be at school by at 6:15 for his class trip. They don't get back till 6:00pm. I'm happy he gets do go do that. I hope he has a great time :)
(I won't mention that they waited till the end of the year to cram EVERYTHING into these last 2 weeks. The only down side is all the money they want now at one time! But we won't get into any personal problems right now, a few came up this weekend, but I'd rather just keep it about the weekends good stuff today. The bad eating is enough bad news, no? Money? Bills? This place I live in? That's no fun to talk about lol.)

So anyway. My plan was to get back in gear today. Stop with all the snacking, and get my butt on the treadmill! Get to cleaning too!!! That is still my plan, but I haven't started yet. When I did get up, instead of digging in, I got on the computer. I became addicted to the game Collapse on facebook over the weekend too. I used to be very addicted to this game. On Xbox Live a few years ago I was actually #1 in the world :) I promised myself I wouldn't play ANY games on facebook, but I did... ugh. But I'll keep it to Collapse and Bejeweled... none of those farming, or zoo games that will keep me on it for HOURS at a time lol.
Now I have a head ache, but hopefully it will be gone soon.

I am still sticking to the plan! Especially getting back on the treadmill!!! I feel like I have pretty much wasted about 3 weeks when I could have lost another 8-10 pounds by now!!! Back at it today!!! I want to continue posting what I eat everyday...  I think not having to post it this weekend with the blogger not working may have had a part in all my snacking. I didn't think it at the time, looking back, would I have ate so much if I had to write it down??? Not sure... So anyway, here it is

What I ate today:
Breakfast: bagel with cream cheese and 3 strawberries, 1/2 iced coffee.
Snack: small handful of cinnamon almonds and the rest of the iced coffee
Lunch: 1 cheeseburger, a little bit of: pasta salad, another type of pasta salad, baked beans. Water
Dinner: 2 helpings of broccoli tuna helper, about 3/4 cup of peas, 1 slice whole wheat Parmesan toast, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: about 15 cinnamon almonds
total water: 40 oz

Well, bad news. My head ache just kept getting worse. I did some laundry but that's it. The food doesn't look great, but is so much better then the last few days. Going to bed. I feel pretty crappy, and just want to unload a bunch of emotional baggage... but I know it's mostly because I have a horrible head ache, and am so very disappointed in myself. So I won't. I'll go to bed and hope tomorrow is better. If it's not better... get your trash bags ready, because all my emotional garbage will be at your disposal!!! :)
lol, I think going to bed is a good idea, since I can't decide whether I'm in a horrible mood or in a funny mood. Good night. Don't worry, I think tomorrow will be fine, I guess you can put those bags back :)

4 comments:

  1. It's great that despite the weekend you've still got your sense of humour, and a smile. I think you probably don't mind as much (re: food) as you would have done because you felt on top of everything else. Like you'd achieved the days tasks early, so you could cut loose a bit. And the food issue didn't matter as much, so you could let go and enjoy yourself. It's funny; the more control you have over other aspects of your life, the more relaxed you can be in other areas. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right. If I hadn't had my house clean, and the treadmill that morning, I would have been down on myself more (like I am tonight.)
    I also agree about not being sure if that was good or bad... it was good because I got to enjoy my family activities. It was bad because I went back to the old me and didn't care so much about what I ate... I have to make sure not to do that, I will gain all my weight back!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hear ya! I can overeat when I'm happy. I can overeat when I'm sad. I can overeat when the sun is shining. I can overeat when the moon is full. Well, you get the picture. So, I understand where you are coming from. The main thing is to probably try to keep those sweet and salty trigger foods out of your kitchen. It is so hard to do.

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Yeah, that's me. When the sun is shinning, when the moon is full. BUT not when it's cloudy... yeah right. Who am I kidding? LOL!

    I was doing SO good with keeping that type of snacks out of the house. I don't know what happened! You're right, That really is the only way to be sure I won't eat them!

    ReplyDelete