Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Monday/Tuesday/Storms

We had storms last night, BAD ones. We put my son to bed at 1am only to make him get back up 10 minutes later when the tornado warning came on the tv. I wasn't scared, but was taking every precaution the meteorologist was telling me to! (Actually, I didn't even know about it, Ray was knocking on the bathroom door telling me there's a tornado and he's the one to get our son out of bed)
We were fine. 7 minutes to the south my brother had his tree fall on to the fence. If the wind had blown the other way it would have been on the trailer! To the north a little bit is where there were funnel clouds and more serious damage. I think some actual tornadoes touched down, but not exactly sure where. We had lots of rain, LOTS of lightning. We went in the basement when the tornado siren went off. Except for tests, I haven't heard that in YEARS. 11 to be exact. It was all totally unexpected. There are supposed to be more storms tomorrow, but not as bad I don't think...
I guess my brother was a little scared, being in the trailer and everything. I had called over there to my other brothers phone after we were in the basement but no one answered. I left out door unlocked in case they had decided to come over. They didn't. Tonight he called to make sure it was ok if he came over if it got bad tonight. Of COURSE it is ok! I think he was more scared last night than he let on... poor thing.

Today was ok. Air conditioner still broke. Maintenance came in when I wasn't home yesterday, and left a note: "AK (i think he meant AC) works fine, remember to set it lower than what the temp of the thermostat says." So even though I have lived in these townhouses since they were installed (at least 15 years ago) he thinks I don't know how to work it... what ever. So I had to call today and explain that I'm not an idiot and tell them exactly what it is doing. Yes it comes on, but it does NOT cool the place off, and the pipe outside was covered in a thick layer of ice Saturday. ICE in this heat. Our bill is going to be horrible, the air conditioner must have been on about 12 hours non stop Saturday night, while NOT cooling anything but the pipe outside!!!!

I didn't have internet. Not because of the storm though, but because Comcast SUCKS. But it's back on now :) Funny how 24 hours without internet seems so bad LOL. I never even owned a computer until about 6 or 7 years ago, and now I can't live without internet LOL. (I guess I could if I had to... my discounted cost ends on August 24, so unless I can con comcast into extending it I might have to!)

My eating has been... OK. Today and yesterday both, I had one ice cream twix and 1 sundae cone. I sure didn't need both! One per day is more than enough. Other then that I have been doing good. Except I over ate at dinner tonight... Ok, to much ice cream, had one can of pop both days and over ate at dinner tonight. Except for that- I did good... oh crap, I didn't really do good at all now that i look at it.
No treadmill, but as I said- not concentrating on the bad...
The good? I had salad yesterday, and half an apple, and no iced coffee. I had 40 oz water yesterday, 60 oz today. Everything I do I sweat my butt off, so that's something lol.

As long as my internet doesn't go out with the storms tomorrow, I will be back to normal post, and list of everything I eat. Have a good day, and stay safe!

5 comments:

  1. whoah! Call me ignorant, but i had NO IDEA that tornados occur in Michigan. I thought they were only in the southern states. Sorry for not knowing that! Have a great day Tina. I ate a McD's choc sundae today. First time in a LONG while. I am not even upset. I will be working out tomorrow as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to share my iced coffee recipe:
    1 scoop Max Protein Powder (buy at GNC, chocolate flavor)
    4-6 oz of cold coffee
    big scoop of ice
    add to blender until smooth
    You may need to adjust to your taste but this taste just like a starbucks frapp. and it is only 120 calories, 2 grams of sugar, and 22 grams of protein= GOOD STUFF!
    Hope this helps!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you all came through the tornado in OK shape. Sorry the AC still is on the blink. Hopefully it will get repaired soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way Michaela, I would never call you ANY name (except awesome lol).
    Michigan has crazy weather, which only gets crazier every year, but it's mostly just the temps. Tornadoes are NOT common. I remember one when I was a kid. And the last one was when my son was a new born, so almost 12 years ago.

    Thanks for the recipe Andrea, and for stopping by!

    Thanks Margie. I think we got pretty lucky here. Now hopefully it will be another 12 years before we're all sitting in the basement again LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys are all ok! As for the AC and internet....the AC guy's an ass...and the internet...well, good luck conning them! I'd die without a connection. Well, I say that...but I never do. But it's very hard...cuz it's my social outlet! Haha.

    ReplyDelete