Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Cake Monster

I don't know if I'm referring to the urge to eat cake... or to MYSELF!
It's 5:13am Wednesday. The birthday cake is still here, right behind me on the kitchen table in fact. I want to eat some right now... but I won't!

Yesterday I wrote that I didn't think it would be a problem, and I meant it! But only hours after I wrote that, I had a bowl of cake and ice cream... I really am having will power problems. I don't know why, I know it's simple: Don't eat the cake... ugh!

Have to get back to writing what I eat. After 2 days, I decided that when I did come back I wasn't going to type it all... and I think that made me not worry so much about what I was eating... I was still writing it for myself, but not having it on here probably contributed to all the cake and ice cream. NOT an excuse. But I do think recording it for all to see, helps me :)

What I ate Tuesday:
Breakfast: 1/2 coffee(43), piece of cake
Lunch: (600) Asparagus stuffed chicken with broccoli cheese rice, water
Snack: cake and ice cream(360)
Dinner: (420) Garlic Chicken 'Viola', water
Snack: (60) 1 mozz string cheese
Total Water: 40 oz
Total Calories: 1483 PLUS the 2 pieces of cake
I have no idea what the calories are in the cake, it isn't listed anywhere on it. I am going to call the bakery and ask!!! I really want to know... you saw the picture lol, any guesses???? I'm going to guess... 450 per piece?!?!? We'll see!
I haven't been getting enough water in, probably because of drinking pop. But today I got in 40 oz, so that's better.
NO POP, I have a bad head ache, and I'm sure that's why. But that's my own fault. I shouldn't have been drinking it. There is some Pepsi 0 left, I'm dumping it as soon as I am done here. I don't think I want it, but as I've shown all weekend I have little to no self control lately. Might as well get rid of it.

Treadmill: 16 minutes/ .63 miles  2 minutes of that with 2 LB weights
Total Days in a row: 36
My muscles hurt from extra house work and such, BUT my back has been feeling great. I think it's all better. I'm going to start walking with the weights again, maybe start doing some crunches again too :)

I am hungry, but I won't eat any cake right now. Promise! lol :)

6 comments:

  1. You said you're going to dump the Pepsi, why not dump the cake? May today be a better and less tempting day.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, dump the cake and the Pepsi...or cut the pieces from your son and hubby and freeze them for treats for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake and ice cream. Now that is an interesting combination. I don't think I've ever had that. I've had other puddings with ice cream, but never cake. As much as I don't like sweet stuff, I just have to try this :)

    You are a bad influence on me :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be easy wouldn't it? Just throw the whole thing away? :) I did throw the pepsi away, because I am the only one that has been drinking it, no one even noticed. But I'm not throwing my son's birthday cake away... I don't know about you, but my 12 year old would not be happy about that! His Dad either lol.
    My day wasn't any less tempting... but I realize there will be temptation a lot, and I need to just control myself better :)
    Thanks Sheila!

    Just Me, thanks for the suggestion, that's interesting. Frozen cake? I've never had frozen cake...

    Mark, I don't want to be a bad influence!!!! Just another reason I have to do better, so I don't corrupt you!!! lol :)
    (We always have cake and ice cream for birthday parties in my family... but I'm seriously thinking I don't want any for mine!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah and I like how I said cut the pieces from your son...but at least you understood. Cut pieces of cake and freeze for son and hubby. It gives you more time to think about whether you need it or not...while it's thawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really good idea, and it taste just as good????
    I had to go back and read it!!! I didn't even notice the first time lol, I knew what you meant and didn't even see that you wrote it that way haha :)

    ReplyDelete