Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Luck has Changed (and Happy Fun Pants is Awesome! lol)

As you know, life has been a little stressful lately. BUT, it seemed like Sunday night, my luck changed, FOR THE BETTER!
We sold all the cookie dough needed to send the boy to school camp. YAY. Then I decided to check my email, and got a message from Happy Fun Pants- I have won $150 visa gift card from her review blog!!!! Whaaat!?!?!? ME??!?!?! I never win ANYTHING! That really picked me up lol. After writing about my cousin and the month I've had, that was just the greatest surprise! :)

I didn't really even do anything! Just left a comment of about 3 sentences, and that's it. Most of you have probably read her blog Smaller Fun Pants, and if not you should check it out. It's one of my favorites. (I'm not just saying that because I won lol, It really is one of the first blogs I started following, and I LOVE it) She is so honest about her struggles and her life, it just really inspires me.

Her review blog is fairly new, and I suggest you check that one out too! I mean, if I could win it with 3 sentences about setting my toaster on fire... anyone can LOL! So go to Reviews by Happy Fun Pants, you could win!!! AND it's always a fun read :)

Happy Fun Pants will not take any credit for my random win, but for real- if it weren't for her I wouldn't have visited and I wouldn't have won.
SO THANK YOU HAPPY FUN PANTS!!!! :)
(also, thank you for "following" my blog!)

Wow, I wasn't planning on dedicating this post haha :) Maybe I should change the title...

In other news: There was a sever storm tonight, my brother and one of my cousins have no power. They are about 7 minutes away. There is a huge branch in my yard and someones chair on the side of my house.  Nothing broken, still have power, the bird feeder didn't even fly away! I really don't know how it didn't with the crazy wind!!!! SO I feel even more lucky! So I won't even mention that the stupid news cut into The Biggest Looser about 5 fricken times to let us know about the storm..... lol

I'm not going to lie, I have also been feeling pretty down these last few days... and I don't know why! I feel so lucky, and yet I feel like I'm getting depressed anyway.... But I really DO feel like my luck is changing :) And I know everything will be ok!

I made it to day 40 with the treadmill, and then I was SO tired Sunday night by the time I decided to do it... that I ended up deciding NOT to do it. The next day I was regretting it a little... but instead of starting all over in my counting the days, I'm going to stop. 40 days, and it's definitely habit, but you want to know something??? Keeping track of how far, and then trying to beat that number every week actually kept me from going farther... that probably makes NO sense. Here's the best way I can explain: I was thinking to far ahead, when I would figure out how far I would have to go each day to beat the last week, I wouldn't do more even though I could. You may remember I mentioned I haven't even been sweating the last few days. But if I go to much farther, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to top that the next week.... So anyway, I'm still going to keep track of what I do each day, but I'm not going to obsess about what number day I'm at, or beating it next week. I think this will make it easier for me to stay on it longer! K :) hope that made sense lol.

My food hasn't been to bad. I have been snacking more than I should. Maybe not the BEST choices, but my portions have been really good :) Yesterday I had a really bad head ache and didn't eat very much at all. I did have one can of pepsi though :( and I haven't been drinking nearly enough water, but I'll do better tomorrow.

Today I walked while watching The Biggest Looser
Treadmill: 20 minutes/ .75 mile 5 minutes with 2 LB weights
If you were here last season, you might remember that I always did my Biggest Looser Walks. This was back when I had got up to a mile per day, and would just stay on it as long as I could during the show. I got up to 3.20 miles the last time. Well, my plan is to do that again this season. If I'm going to sit and watch a 2 hour show, I might as well walk instead :)

I'll update you on the family drama, and how the stress is really weighing me down tomorrow :(
For now I just want to concentrate on how lucky I am, and how everything will all work out fine. Have a good night everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congrats...sounds like an awesome day today....hopefully your lucky streak continues!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the win! :)

    I was wondering when your first day off from the treadmill would come. It's great that you hung in there this long, but there was always going to be a time to stop and start taking rest days. As you increase the intensity these rest days will become even more important :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, wait. I'm the one who's supposed to win!

    :-) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super congrats on the win! I hope you do something fun with it! As to the treadmill, you have definitely proven you can do it consistently, and I'm super proud of you! It really helped motivate me to get moving! I missed Tues's biggest loser, but I plan to watch it tonight while I bike on the recumbent bike---yays! That show is so motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Tina. I am so happy for you. So happppyyyyy! I love Smaller Fun Pants blog too. And for selling the cookie dough - YES. This is the best blog news I've heard all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the congrats everyone! And sorry Babe! LOL.
    It won't be here for another 6 to 10 weeks they said, so I'm not sure what I am going to do with it :)

    Mark, I was SO afraid that if I missed one day I would not get back on it for a month... but I feel great and am still at it :) Thanks!

    That's awesome Lala! Yes, I am SO motivated by that show!! I know it gets old for some people, but not me!!!

    ReplyDelete