Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Something in the Air?

I'm all caught up on my blog roll, I have read everyday even though I wasn't writing mine.
Is there something in the air??? There seems to be a lot of negativity and Fat on Fat crime :) Yeah, I just made that up. That JUST happened Haha :)

It's weighing on my mind, so I'll just put my 2 cents in real quick so I can move on...

Loosing weight is hard. I recently had someone say very mean and hurtful things to me in a comment, but I'm over that. She's never 'been there' and I will just have to accept that some people don't understand. What's worse though, is all this I see now! Where it's people that KNOW how hard it is to loose weight coming down so hard on others that are struggling... hence my new term Fat on Fat Crime ;)

It's very hard for me to understand. These people have been there, know how hard it is, and still some how thing it's ok to look down and tell people "It's Easy."

If it was easy, NO ONE WOULD BE FAT. If it was easy, these people wouldn't have been fat all their lives either...

If you have lost a lot of weight, you should be proud! If you want to help others, that is AWESOME, and we love you for it. But please don't pretend that just because (after years, or even decades of being fat) you have done well now, that it is easy. It's just not. We should support each other, not hurt each other. If you see someone struggling (even if that person is me!), and it is hurting your progress or to hard to watch... wish them well and move on.

I am not picking out any one person either, I've seen it all over and really do think it might just be in the air. Fall is coming and maybe those warm summer days leaving, have some of us a little... irritable??? I know I have been... maybe more depressed than irritable... but no more!!!! :) I am going to try my best to stay positive!
I've lost 42 pounds, I never thought that would be possible. I am proud, but am still obese. I have a long way to go. Even when I get to 100 pounds lost, I can not imagine ever telling ANYONE that this is easy, or beating them up when they fall. I just can't. I guess that's why I don't understand, because I know I couldn't do that to some one that is struggling...

I'm not only writing it to get it out of my brain, but to show what I expect from you on my blog. Haha, not to sound high and mighty, I'm just being honest here...
Maybe that's part of the reason people do this? They don't know what the blogger is looking for, and think tough love is what some people need??? So Just like any relationship in my real life, I'll be clear: I don't need it. I need support, honesty, suggestions, constructive criticism, and just to know I'm not alone. I have a sense of humor, and I can take criticism. No problem! That's why I don't filter my 'comments.'
I don't need my ass kissed, but at the same time I DO NOT NEED someone to leave me sarcastic bitchy comments, or someone to tell me that 'it's easy' and 'just do it.' If you like to write these things, don't bother on my blog.
If you are someone trying to do well and my struggles are not good for your journey, I really hope you would wish me well and find blogs that ARE good for you. I would feel HORRIBLE if I was negatively affecting anyone. But I would feel great to know that you are moving on, but still have the best hope for my journey too :) That's what I would do for you.
Just remember that golden rule, treat others as you would want to be treated. Share your experiences without belittling someone else's. Share your knowledge but never forget where you came from. Keep it real, but remember it's really hard. Tell the truth but no need to be a jerk about it. That's how I hope I come across, anyway. Always honest... but not a bitch :)

And there's my 2 cents! I'd like to think it's worth a little more... maybe even 56 cents lol :)

*The term 'Fat on Fat Crime' has been copy written by TinaM. Any violation or use of this phrase by unauthorized individuals will result in a $50,000 fine and/or the possibility of prison time.
Just kidding :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tina: I've not had good online connection so have to go back today and catch up on your last few posts. I'm not sure what the comments you recived were....but I'll find them and read them!!!

    You can be proud of yourself...42 lbs. gone from your body is no small task. Yep, losing weight is simple....it is NOT EASY. Those words "simple and easy" have 2 very different meanings. Simple because all any of us have to do is eat less, eat only healthy foods and get lots of exercise. Easy means it could happen without much of a struggle and you and I both know it doesn't happen without a lot of struggle.

    So, keep your chin up friend, hang in there and just try to keep on track. You've done well already. This is not a race to see who finishes first.

    Smiles and hugs to you, and have a good day!

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margie M!
    The comment I got wasn't so bad... just sarcastic and telling me they couldn't keep up with my "charade" and that it's impossible to be supportive... and usually I wouldn't have been bothered. BUT it was from someone I considered a friend, emailed back and forth with... and it came out of NO WHERE... so I took it harder than I think I usually would...

    I know I mess up, I mess up a LOT and it's been really bad lately. I bet people get frustrated when reading sometimes, but some just don't understand that it really is an every day struggle for me.

    "Simple and Easy have 2 very different meanings." that is exactly right! Exactly what I was trying to find the words to say :)

    I'm definitely a turtle in this race, but I am happy with that :) I'm not happy with how I've been with food lately, and I have to do better for sure.

    Hugs and smiles to you also, I am having a great day :) Thanks so much Margie M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tina? It's EEEEZZZYYYY!!! Not!!! Girl, if I could wake up tomorrow and snap my fingers and make me and all of my fattie friends healthy, I would totally do it! Sadly, that sort of magic just doesn't happen. So we have to find the magic inside ourselves. Often it's called WILL-POWER. It's like smoking...a smoker can't stop smoking until SHE wants to stop. Well, until we set our minds right to it...the weight will never really, truly come off. At least, that's how I look at it for me. Sometimes my heart just isn't in it. Or I get downtrodden due to a weight gain. I hate that I turn to eating to satisfy my various moods, whether I'm hungry or not. I hate that other people can easily ignore it...while I tend to raid the cupboards looking for anything to snack on...and end up being so desperate that I eat toothpaste. Yeah, I know. Like I said, desperate. The toothpaste thing hasn't actually happened since I was a kid...but still.

    The best and most ultimate thing that I can think of that makes losing weight easier, for me, that is, is having a kickass support section. And I am very blessed in that area. And I'm on your side rooting for you, too, so I would have to say that you're blessed, too! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny - I can see it now.....
    Two fatties (bloggers, or course) in jail....
    One says, "What are you in for?"
    The other one answers, "Don't ask!"
    Just don't call it a "fat crime" what ever you say!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, I totally agree with you, and I think you said it beautifully. I have to say that one of the most inspiring weight loss blogs I have read is "Escape From Obesity" where the blogger writes in great detail about her struggles. It's inspiring because even though she struggles,she has now lost over 100 lbs. We don't need to be perfect to lose weight. I know some people think that tough love is helpful, but I don't need it, and I'd just as soon not receive it. I definitely won't be sending it to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right Shauna, like anything else we have to set our minds to it, commit to it. I am committed, but I mess up anyway, a lot. It does help to know you're not alone!
    And I really do feel blessed :) With your support, other bloggers and Ray- I really do feel like I have a support system :)
    Thanks Shauna!

    anne h
    Haha! I can picture it... lol

    Thank you Lala!
    I will have to check out that blog. I like when people are honest about their struggles and help others realize you don't have to be perfect... 100 pounds wow. Someday I'll be there! :)
    Yeah, some people mean well with the tough love, but I don't need it either. Besides, being written you can never hear the tone of voice or really know exactly what they are feeling when they say some things, so it may come off even harsher than they realize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina-
    I have never really understood the need people have to inject negativity into someone's blog. Regardless of the situation- it's your blog and you are being honest about your struggles- that's the first step always! I mean you could write and gloss over the hard parts but then you wouldn't be being honest with yourself either. i just want to let you know, as someone who struggles with losing weight, it's not easy and i admire the way you put yourself out there on a regular basis, both when you are doing well and when you are not doing so well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wrote a huge reply to this and then - poof. I didn't want you to think I skipped by this. I totally agree with you - 100% - and don't stop being you. This is for you to purge, hash out, whatever...and hopefully get support along the way (constructive criticism, right?). People don't need to be told they are an idiot or they are going to die or whatever...unless you don't have a brain, then maybe, but I think we all know the dangers and the seriousness of being overweight. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Colenic :) That's how I feel about it, I like the blogs that share even when they are struggling and have tried to do the same. I'm so glad some people do understand that :) hugs

    Oh Just Me, don't you hate that!?!?! Grrr! I've only had that happen once, and I was so mad!
    Yes, I really do get things off my chest on this blog and it makes me feel better. I never thought I'd have more than 2 followers lol, but I really do feel so much support. I am lucky that way, I haven't really been picked on or anything. Only one comment maybe, but that's nothing compared to what I see going on out there! I just can't understand it!
    Thanks for your comments and support :)

    ReplyDelete