Friday, September 17, 2010

schedule... what schedule?

Now that summer vacation is over, I thought I would be doing BETTER being on a schedule. I think it is helping some... but one thing I have to change is the treadmill. I HAVE to start doing it during the day! Tonight I was ready for bed at 9:30, I fell asleep in the chair again. When I thought I better get up and go to bed when my son does, I realized I had to do the treadmill... and I did it. I'm happy I did, but then of course I was wide awake. Now it's almost 1 am, and I'm up instead of in bed where I should be. I have to be up in 2 1/2 hours to bring Ray to work, then up again 3 hours after that to bring the boy to school... Maybe after I do laundry I'll come home and take a nap? I don't want to get into that habit again either though...

My plan is to do the treadmill in the morning, then I will be awake, shower, and be ready for the day! That's been my plan since school started last Tuesday... Then at night I can get to bed at a decent time, and get some good sleep. (I did all that yesterday, and it was great!)

Tomorrow is weigh day... I don't really know what to expect. I did step on the scale yesterday, and it was a 4 pound gain. That doesn't really tell me much though, it was in the middle of the day and with all my clothes on. I shouldn't have done it at all lol.
I did a lot of extra housework this week, and did the treadmill everyday....
I also had cake FIVE days in a row. Other than that I ate ok except for... pizza.... don't yell at me, well ok you can if you want. I know I should have passed on it, free pizza is hard to pass up, but I could have. I had 2 pieces last night. Tonight I had 1 1/2 pieces. If you have seen my eating lately, you might know that that is pretty good... BUT I also know that with the cake I REALLY should have made a better choice.
I guess that's why I'm hurrying and writing this, so that tomorrow I can have a fresh start. Cakes gone, pizzas gone, I'll weigh in and it will be a whole new week.

My eating has been like this: I had coffee both mornings, tuna sandwich wiht baby carrots both lunches, so the last 2 days where pretty much the same. I had Salad last night with my pizza, cereal last night for snack. I had mozz string cheese and special K crackers today, and cereal tonight. That's what I've been eating. And cake both days...

I know I have been messing up a lot, and I still stick by what I said. I really feel great right now and feel I will be able to do better form now on... but you know how that goes with me :(
I know some of you appreciate the honesty and understand the struggles I have... and some of you might be getting bored/ fed up with all my mess ups. And I understand that. If reading doesn't help you, feel free to move on, because I wish you the best in your journey and if mine isn't good for you I totally understand.

That being said, I do feel great. I feel like I can get back on track and do really well this week :) I've been really motivated by other blogs, seeing others struggle through things and still stick to there plans... I've had a bad month emotionally, but I shouldn't have let that get in my way. Everyone has problems, and mine probably won't stop anytime soon. I need to stop eating for comfert, it's not healthy and it's not an excuse. Before this summer, I was doing so well with that... I really don't know what happened! I'm going to try really hard to get back on track.

I can't wait to get the weigh in over with, because I'm pretty nervous about what the scale will say....

My treadmill time:
Wednesday: 17 minutes/ .65 miles 4 minutes with 2 LB weights
Thursday (today): 18 minutes/ .66 mile
Days in a row: 38
Ok, I'll see you tomorrow for the face off with the scale...

6 comments:

  1. Okay, challenge yourself to avoid the temptation. See how long you can go and make note of it and why it happened. Then forget it, and start over. Strive to go longer the next time and you will see that you're making progress. No more negative talk!

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tina, I am back from Vegas and just catching up on some of the blogs. Sounds like you have had a bit of a struggle the past while. I agree with Sheilah, make yourself a challenge to deal with the bad food choices. You did it with the treadmill so I know you can do it with the food. Emotional eating is a horrible thing and I know that from experience. Unfortunately we sometimes use that as an excuse to continue to eat. I know I do and I get it in my head that because I am an emotional eater that I can use that as an excuse for stuffing my face whenever I want too and then justify it by saying I am an emotional eater. I'm not saying that is what you are doing, just that for me I use it as an excuse everytime I let my eating get our of hand.
    I am proud of you for sticking with the treadmill even when you are tired, that takes commitment. Now if you can get your daily routine down to a good schedule you will be another step ahead. Go Tina!!!!
    Don't worry about the scale, it will be what it is and you can't change that. Forge ahead from here and forget what happened in the past. You can do it!!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheilah is a very smart woman indeed. Sometimes when I look ahead the challenges seem too difficult. One day at a time and if you screw up...you're right back on it. Life sometimes gets in the way (stress-wise). Don't quit, Tina. You will do it. Just keep trying. Some of us (me and you) just take longer than others. BTW, you never know how many attempts a person has made and it really doesn't matter. And good idea about the treadmill. If I exercise in the evening I'm awake all night - just goes to show you how much energy exercise gives you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The important thing is that you're sticking with the exercise. This means you are burning energy and raising your metabolism, on a daily basis.

    Really that's half the battle won. With a few smarter eating choices, the rewards of your treadmill efforts will become more apparent.

    I know I stress the importance of exercise a lot, but it's only because I know it really works. You already exercise regularly, so you're doing better than you think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand. It took me a long time, and a lot of slipping to get where I am. When you have formed habits over years or decades, it is hard to change. But look at your picture! You are doing so well! I can really see big changes in your face. You have got this, you just have to find what works for you. For me, it was living Primally. By avoiding the carbs, I was able to step off of the carb roller coaster and gain control over my weight. For you, maybe it is just a case of learning mind over matter.

    At any rate, I know you will get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the suggestion Sheilah! I have tried to just have a little of something instead of avoiding it all together, but THAT hasn't worked lately lol.

    Hi Tessa! You're right about the emotional eating, I don't think it at the time I'm doing it but after I look back I realize what I did... and it just HAS to stop. Glad your back :) Hugs!

    Just Me, I will NEVER give up :) no way!
    Yeah, we may be a little slow but I'm ok with that :) Slow and steady wins the race right? I just need to get mine a little more steady... Thanks!

    You're right Mark, I know that exercise is going to be a MAJOR part of my weight loss. It already has helped me so much. I'm so glad I'm back in the habit of walking every day!!

    Thank you Asphyxiated Emancipation. It really is mind over matter with me I think... I REALLY took some steps back this summer while you were away... it sucks! But I know I can fix it :)

    ReplyDelete