Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Good Day... So Far (cross your fingers please!)

I didn't blog last night. I had another horrible stressful day. Another day sitting at my mothers when I can't stand her at the moment. Another day of car stress and people pissing me off. Another day of waisting my time and getting NOTHING done with the car.
I figured you've been hearing me whine enough lately lol. We all have problems, and I know mine aren't the end of the world, and I'm going to try and just be positive. :)

Last night when I got home, everything was better of course. But still stressed and exhausted. My son was in bed at 9:30, I went out and got the last of the items he needed for school work, all was ready for this morning :) I also was in bed by midnight, awesome!

What I ate yesterday:
Breakfast: Coffee and an oatmeal cream pie
Lunch: 1 left over piece of lasagna, 1/2 cup ff skim milk
Dinner: 2 servings broccoli chicken Alfredo over penne noodles, 1 piece of garlic cheese toast, 1 cup ff skim milk
Total Water: 28 oz
We had Ray's mom over for dinner. It was nice :) His niece too. Talking and visiting and I got up and got another helping without even thinking! If I would have stuck to my new rule, and waited 10 minutes before getting a second helping- I KNOW I wouldn't have got it. I have to make sure to do that all the time. I'm sure it will be habit before to long :)

Treadmill 15 minutes/ .56 mile
Total days in a row on the treadmill: 28

This morning he started MIDDLE SCHOOL... how did he get so old???? I just can't believe it. I hope he had a good time!!! I can't wait for him to get home :)
After I dropped him off at school, we brought the car in. It's still at the shop, getting a new alternator. I'm just so glad it's getting done that I don't care they said it would be ready a hour and a half ago. I just want it done, and done right. It's costing us about $75 more than it would have if Step Dad would have done it, but having it done right and not waiting 2 more weeks for it is worth it to me. Now we need one more thing, the sway bar links. Step Dad says he can do it, but I know that means waiting till when ever he feels like it- when he's not busy doing nothing... but what can ya do. I can't afford to have that done right now, so I'll be waiting either way. Just wish me luck that nothing else goes wrong!!!!!

I think I have been doing a good job with my food today :) We were so busy that I will be doing the treadmill tonight as usual, but now that I will be getting up so early I really want to start doing it the morning.

I feel so much better today, and I think the weather has helped that too. It is so beautiful today! It's about 74, sunny and windy. A little to windy, but that makes it feel cooler... I really wish we had more days like this! Like EVERY day would be good hehe :)
I think we'll have to switch it up a bit, and I will post during the morning/afternoon about the day before. Instead of posting at night. I need to start going to bed at a decent hour now :) I think it will work out well. So see you tomorrow!!! I hope everyone had a great day, and holiday weekend. I hope all your kids enjoyed their first day of school, if they have started :)

My son will be home in about 20 minutes. I hope he liked it!!!! I hope the transition wasn't to hard... I hope he had a good day!!!

6 comments:

  1. I hope your son had a good first day. Hopefully he came home without too much homework :p

    Still rocking the treadmill I see. Almost a month solid now.

    Quick question, what does the "ff" before skim milk stand for? Just curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did have a good day :) and NO homework woo hoo!
    The ff stands for Fat Free. I know there is 1% skim... maybe even 1/2 % skim, but I always have the Fat free skim. 80 calories per cup.
    I hope to do more treadmill time now that he's in school :)
    Thanks Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. My daughter is now a sophomore in college and my son a senior in high school. My nest is almost empty. It goes by so damn fast. Sounds like your car is on the road to recovery. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! And even with all the stress, you still moved and still watched what you ate. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for crossing your fingers toosexy. Sadly it didn't work... are you sure you crossed them all the way??? Just kidding :)

    Oh, I just can't believe he is getting so old!

    I am trying really hard to get back on track. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks anne h!
    And thank you for visiting me! :)

    ReplyDelete