Thursday, September 23, 2010

Worrying is Like... A Rocking Chair?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere.
-Glenn Turner

I've been feeling pretty good the last couple days. I am really just trying to appreciate what I have and take everything day by day.

My cousin K had a visit from the prosecutor. Pictures were taken of where her daughter found the pills. K said she is being charged with child abuse/neglect. That was 2 days ago, and the kids are still there... so I don't know what's going to happen. CPS still has to make their surprise visit also... I'm trying not to think about it. It may sound bad, but I really just can't handle the stress of it all. Me worrying about it was REALLY getting to me, I just have to let go and hope that whatever is supposed to happen, happens. As much as I love my cousin, whatever's best for the girls is what's important.

My eating was a disaster yesterday. Well, just dinner and after I guess. I had chips and cheese deluxe and a wet tostada for dinner.The rest of the day consisted 1 Iced coffee, Migas for lunch. Snacks were 2 oatmeal creme pies (170 cal each), Special K bar, and 2 bowls of cereal. I didn't drink enough water, probably only 20 oz. I woke up feeling like Sh*t!!! My whole body hurt. I didn't STUFF myself, but just the unhealthy choices and not enough water really made my body feel horrible. I wonder if I used to feel like this every morning?!?!?!?! I didn't think so, but that's how I used to eat everyday, so I probably did!!!! I can't imagine getting up everyday feeling like that....

I did get on the treadmill for 20 minutes/ .78 mile :) 5 minutes with 2 lb weights

Today's eating was better:
Breakfast: 165
Coffee and a Mocha Special K bar
Lunch: 434
Tuna sandwich on whole wheat with 1 slice of pepper jack cheese and hot pepper rings, 1 whole carrot 62 grams, 1 tbs light ranch, Water
Snack: 23
Werther's Candy
Dinner: 495
1 1/2 cups of 3 cheese chicken Voila (frozen meal with broccoli, carrots, corn, pasta, chicken), 1 slice buttered toast, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: 245
about 1 1/2 cup frosted puffed wheat cereal with ff skim milk
Total Water: about 30 oz
Total Calories: 1362
Have you ever had Voila? I love it, I've only tried the chicken kind, and the cheese one is the best tasting I think. I was wondering if it would be less calories if I made it myself... like mixed my own veggies chicken, pasta and found some kind of cheese sauce or flavoring... maybe even leave out the pasta. What would I use for cheese flavoring? Any ideas???
I bought regular carrots instead of baby ones. I really don't taste a difference... I think I like the baby ones better. I'll finish this bag and decide :)

Treadmill for today:
13 minutes/ .50 mile
The last 2 days I did it in the morning and it felt SO good. Mostly because it was out of the way lol. Tonight it was just a rush to get it over with and wishing I would have done it earlier! But I did it and that's what matters to me. Definitely have to do it in the mornings though, I like that SOO much better...
I have to admit, I was genuinely AFRAID to take a break from the treadmill. I thought that once I took a day off I wouldn't get back on it! (That's what happened back in April, I got heat stroke and couldn't do it, and never got back into the habit of doing everyday- until now!) But I took 2 days off, and I'm right back on it. I know I'll still get on it everyday. Once in a while I might take a day off, but it won't hurt me, and it will still be habit! I feel pretty good about it :)

I also got extra walking in today. I walked to get my mail (I usually just get it when I'm already out in the car going somewhere) it's about 200 feet away I would guess. I'm going to try and make that a habit too.
More walking in the store, my son and I went shopping in a store I'm not really used to so it was a lot of looking around lol. He spent most of his birthday Money. (he got a bday card/money from my grandmother, I'm pretty suprised, but we'll go into that another time)
We also got just about everything he needs for camp :) Now that that cookie dough is all sold, that part of the stress is over, and he has just about everything he needs :) Now it's counting down the days till he goes, which is SIX. (and then counting the hours until he gets back!!!)

Tomorrow is weigh in, and I should be afraid with how I have been eating and not drinking enough water. But my ring says I lost... My engagement ring is my new weight gauge, and it seems to work pretty well lol. It is VERY loose. Not falling off on it's own yet, but definitely loose! I haven't stepped on the scale at all this week... so I'm really hoping for a loss. Wish me Luck! (it has been good lately, I hope it is tomorrow!)

Have a great night everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Tina, you are not responsible for your cousin's actions. If she hasn't figured out by now that her children should come first then I have no sympathy for her. The blame seems to be on the fact that she hasn't gotten rid of the loser but the pills were found in her house. Are you sure they weren't hers? You will never know the whole truth about the situation so good for you for not letting it stress you out. It's one of those things you can't change so you have to live your life and let what happens in hers happen. Like you said it's what ever is best for the children that is important.
    Keep praying that they will be safe and happy and don't get caught up in the drama. Sometimes our lives are like soap operas, only we can't turn them off.
    Big hugs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here wishing you luck luck luck all over the place!
    You deserve it!
    And good about the looser fitting ring.
    Stay cool, friend, and do try to not worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa, that is true. I can't really know for sure if they are hers, I just HOPE they aren't... Since he had just been there I really do think they were his, but no way to know for sure.
    Yeah, lately my life seems more and more like a soap opera lol. And I can due without the drama! I know some people who thrive on it, who seek it out, and I am not one of them. I don't need it, AT ALL!
    I'm trying me best not to let it get to me, concentrate on my own life lol :)
    Thanks, Hugs!!!

    Thank you anne h!!!
    luck luck luck, I HAVE to lose with all that luck!!! :)
    I will do my best to no worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are wise to step back from the situation. It's one of those cases where there are so many things are unknown at this point, and since it's not your situation you also don't have a lot of control. Just wanted to let you know that you inspired my "hot 100" goal of moving 20 minutes a day with your treadmill habit! Thank you for being an inspiration! Have a great day! And yes, Biscuitville... for real!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the weigh in. I hope everything works out for your cousin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lala, that is so nice of you to say!!!! Me? An inspiration, THAT just makes me feel so special :) I'll move mine up to 20 minutes per day also :) So thank YOU!!!
    If a Biscuitville ever opens here, I am going to ignore it so I don't get addicted... that's exactly what I did with the Sonic's that opened up ACROSS THE PARKING LOT of Ray's work. lol. I pretend it's not even there :)

    Thank you very much Mark :)

    ReplyDelete