Friday, September 3, 2010

I want your opinion...

By now you know pretty much how I do things. My blog is about "my weight loss journey, my life, and whatever else I want to ramble about." And boy do I get to rambling! :) I am trying to work on that, and make shorter post ;)
But I do go into my stresses sometimes, and if it's not your cup of tea I totally understand. Thanks for visiting anyway :) I'm sure you will find the type of blog you are looking for, there are many great ones out there in blogger land!!! Bye Bye and take care!

For those of you who have stuck around, I would like your honest opinion on something. For a long time now, I have been recording what I eat everyday. At first when I started, I was doing pretty well and wanted to write down what I eat because I figured I would eat less if I had to tell you all. Now in the last couple months, I have been doing horrible. But decided I had to write it anyway, in hopes it will improve and you can see that I'm not perfect. I do struggle but come out of it ok... the problem is I haven't come back out of it yet... I am having a hard time getting back to the plan.

That's where you come in. Do you care what I eat? When you come to my blog to you want/expect to see what I ate all day? I want your honest opinion. Should I stop doing that, and just write the number of calories I had all day?
I don't mind constructive criticism... Hell, I point out most of the bad stuff myself! That's not why I'm asking. I'm asking because I know a lot of you are also trying to loose weight. I would HATE for you to come here and be discouraged in anyway, because you see me struggling. Worse, I would hate for you to want to eat those foods or somehow come derailed because of me!!! I only want to share my journey and that includes the struggles. At  the same time, I want to be helpful not hurtful.

I am not so self centered to think your whole diet and well being revolves around me LOL :) 
But I just recently got a rude awakening that my honesty might be to much for some people... And I just really want to be sure I am not having a negative effect on other bloggers.... When I first started I would have said "If you don't like it, than F*** OFF"... but it's different than I expected. I love the blogs I follow and really care about you who follow mine.

I hope some of that made ANY sense to you... it does in my mind hahaha :)
So let me know what you think K? If you couldn't care less what I shove in my face, let me know!!! lol. And any other suggestions you might have...

For now, until I see what happens, it's business as usual:
What I ate Today:
Lunch: (464) 1 bowl of taco salad, spanish rice, water
Iced Coffee: (104) 2 tsp coffee mate, 1 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/4 cup milk, ice
Snack: (90) 17 Special K crackers, water
Dinner: (287) Small bowl of what was left of the taco salad and rice
Snack: (190) Special K Vanilla Almond with 1 cup ff skim milk.
Total Water: 52 oz
Total Calories: 1135
Not much variety... I am happy with the portions. I will really try to work in all the fruit in my fridge! Good news? I have had cookies in the house for 2 days now and haven't touched ONE. And if I do? It will be a portion, not 6 of them :)
*note: Whenever I make anything at home that uses ground beef, I always use 97% lean.

I didn't push it on the treadmill, I did go a bit faster than usual and worked up a little sweat. Felt great when I was done. I wanted the total for the week to be more than last weeks, but that's ok. I'm happy with the streak I have going. Next week will be more, I'll add just a little bit every week :) Baby Steps!
Today: 15 minutes/ .61 mile
Total Days in a Row: 24

According to my engagement ring (my new weight loss gauge lol) I have not lost anything. BUT I have had lots of sodium and hope the tiny swelling is from that. Otherwise it may be a little gain... I hope not, I know my food has been bad this week, so it wouldn't be a surprise! I haven't stepped on the scale at all. My guess? Right around the same... maybe a tiny loss, less than a pound. We will see tomorrow!
Have a good night everyone!

12 comments:

  1. I care about what you eat. More importantly I have some need to tell you what not to eat. I can't do that here, as everyone will tell me I am mean. Otherwise, your blog, post away..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all in the delivery.
    If you have constructive criticism, or helpful comments I am all ears!
    If you want to tell me what I already know, that's ok too.
    But if you are going to be demeaning and get an attitude, then I wouldn't be very likely to respond well lol ;) I don't think you would or anything...

    From what I know, you've been there- done that, and are doing great. so I would be open to your suggestions, Just as I would anybody's... as long as you're not one to take it personal if I don't follow them to a T like some people.

    I don't think people will think you're mean just for saying what I shouldn't eat. people will think you're mean if you are... well... mean :)

    Thanks Allen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to see what you eat and how much you exercise. And 24 days in a row is GREAT! I am never bored by someone's food, in fact it gives me ideas. And usually you can't see where you're going wrong, but someone else (Allan?) can take a look and pick it right out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it can be good to document what you eat, for both the record and accountability. One day you may want to look back and see what you changed in your diet that really helped. If it helps YOU, stick with it.

    I think you are unlikely to derail anyone with what you post. If anyone says different, I would be inclined to believe that they're just looking for lame excuses to stray off course.

    Great work with the treadmill (as always!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Mark and I agree with you. This is your blog - a tool for you and a record to look back on. I think it also helps when a person doesn't lose weight or gains and then wants to quit, if they go back in "the record" they can see, "Hey, I didn't actually do that well, so why should I quit?"

    If someone doesn't like your blog, I think they should just move on. People like to be super-critical, when they are anonymous. BTW, I notice you do point out your short comings. I don't think you've convinced yourself that you are merrily going on, always doing the right thing and I know you're open to constructive criticism.

    Sometimes I think, who am I to criticize? Like, I'm an expert. Let me give it a shot (lol). Okay, calories are good, more fruit and vegetables, definitely, as you have realized. I would say more protein as well. I find that protein keeps you fuller for longer and, of course, it does a lot of other things for the body too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can see where I go wrong a lot... My main problems lately are, over eating, not enough (or NO) fruits, not enough veggies, and most important: too much fast food. But I am determined to do better :) OH! I almost forgot, too many carbs! :) But some of you may know, I'm not giving up carbs at this point :)
    Thanks for answering Jo!

    Thanks Mark, that is why I do it and pretty much my thoughts on it... But I just found out I'm not as good as reading others as I thought! So I wanted some opinions :) thank you so much for answering!

    Thank you both for the encouragement! I am pretty proud of my 24 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha!!!!
    Just Me :) I didn't see your comment, We must have been writing at the same time! lol

    Thank you for answering! There have been plenty of times when I realized, I didn't even do as bad as I thought. This last little while has been as bad as I think, but still a major improvement from before January 1st.

    Hey, that was PERFECT. You made suggestions that you want to help me with. And I do want that, I welcome all to do so. You are not being harsh, only helpful. And you know that it's not easy, and if I were to mess up tomorrow I know you would not fly off the handle about it :) ... er, I hope not LOL.

    Thanks Just Me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just barely was able to catch up on your posts again. I think we're finally in a holding pattern in my household. Haha. If I hold my breath, stand on one foot, cross my eyes, and hop in a circle...maybe, just maybe, things will be calm for a while. I don't need anything else to happen!

    As for you writing down what you eat...I like seeing it. I like knowing that I'm not the only one who's effing up sometimes. Sometimes I'll be driving home from school and the next thing I know I'm in the drive thru at mcd's. I AM hungry at the time, yes, but I have stuff at home that is so much better for me and more healthy.

    Anyhoo...have you ever tried substituting ground beef for ground turkey? I can't remember the last time we had beef anything. We just automatically buy the ground turkey for stuff. It's healthier, and you still get the protein. And to be quite honest...it tastes better, too!

    Oh...stay away from the sugar cereal! I sometimes buy a box of honey nut cheerios to snack on dry at night. I've had a new box sitting unopened in my kitchen for a month almost. I've been eating more peaches and grapes, instead! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Shauna! I'm glad I got some opinions on it, very much appreciated thank you.

    I tried ground turkey a few years ago, and didn't like it. Mostly how it looked I guess. I should try it again, Ray won't be happy but he'll live lol.

    I know, I LOVE cereal and it's one of those things I haven't given up yet. The more I eat healthier things the more I'll try and phase that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there Tina! As usual, I am a little behind the curve.... :-) But I really like that you blog what you ate. I think it's a great way for you to track it, and also, I really like to see what other people are eating so that I can get some ideas for healthy meals that are low in calories. I honestly don't read it too carefully, but I kind of skim it to see if there's anything that looks yummy! Personally, I think it's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, I'd really like to point out that those blogs that are honest and show the struggles you go through make me feel like being human is OK. Please don't ever feel like you have to look perfect for your readers. I think a blog is a great place to get support, so don't feel like you have to be perfect to be inspiring. Weight loss is almost never a straight line from start to finish... we all waver and have hard times, that's part of the process. If it were easy, we'd all be a size 2!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lala! Better late than never right? LOL :)
    That's how I feel about the other blogs I read that list the food. I like seeing what others are eating. Both to get ideas and to see that nobody's perfect :) I have gotten great ideas... now to use them... ;)
    That sounds a lot like what I always say: If it were easy, NO ONE would be fat!
    Thanks Lala :)

    ReplyDelete