Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Golden Rule... ever heard of it???

I try and live my life, treating others as I would want to be treated. It seems NO ONE around me has ever heard of this!
My family aren't the only ones, just the most frequent offenders. I swear i must be adopted.... uh. I won't go into details, just that no one ever sticks to what they say, or finds it important to put others feelings into consideration. And I'm tired of it. They are having a cookout today over at my brother's, he really wants me to go but I can't. I can't stand to me around my Mom and Step Dad right now... Sitting there yesterday for 7 hours didn't help... at all. Step Dad did end up replacing the brake pads. I do appreciate that, but that is the LEAST of my worries with the car. So I'm still waiting...
I feel so bad I can't go to the cookout, but I don't want my son there anyway. I am in a depressed mood, and I can't fake it today. I never do... but if I tried today I know it wouldn't work. So I would be no fun.

So I'm spending the day doing laundry. I just got used to the idea of going to the laundromat to dry my clothes, and I actually like it! It takes 40 minutes to dry 5 loads of laundry, instead of all day. It's pretty great...
But now? I don't have a dryer and am not supposed to be driving my car! So I will be hanging clothes all over the house I guess! Ugh.

YESTERDAY
My day yesterday was just... stupid. That's the only way to describe it. On top of everything else, it was about 60 degrees!!!! I was freezing my ass off all day!!! It was just in the 80s, I was in shorts and a shirt 2 days ago sweating, now I'm in pants FREEZING!!!

My step dad had said he would call me early in the morning so I could bring the car over and he would drive me home. That's fine... I guessed he wanted to look at it and make sure of everything that was wrong with it. I was going school shopping with mother in law later in the day. WELL, he didn't call me until 12:30, and it was time to go shopping. So I bring the car, and he doesn't want to keep it and look it over. He wants to go get parts now. So I tell MIL to just go with Ray and our son, I'll be home later. So they all went shopping, which is fine. She was getting his school clothes, shoes and back pack. I was SOOO relieved when she told us this. WELL, she got his shoes and 2 T Shirts... Don't get me wrong. I SO appreciate this. She didn't have to buy ANYTHING, and I know that. BUT I didn't take him school shopping because she was doing it all! Now he starts Tuesday, I don't have a car, and he still needs everything else! ugh...

THE CAR- feel free to skip this if you don't care about the Car Adventure lol
We needed to go get 2 parts, sway bar links I think. I say "You don't want to look at it and make sure I need them first?" He says No, because I do need them. So we go. Advanced Auto Parts #1 don't have them, but 2 other Advanced Auto parts do. One at each store. So the guy calls each store has them hold them for me. We go to store #2, and get it. We go to store # 3 and the guy doesn't have one on hold. He has the part, but it's $16 more than we just paid for it! I'm pissed and let the guy know it (because he had a horrible attitude), they should have had the part on hold for me!!! AND it should be $16 cheaper! So we leave, deciding Step Dad would look and make sure we need BOTH and not just one anyway. As we are leaving I realize we are leaving an Autozone... NOT the store we had been dealing with, Advanced Auto. I tell step dad, and instead of going down the road where the WOULD have my part, we go home to check it out. So store #3 has this part on hold for me, but we don't go get it... So he checks out the car, and says I need brake pads... but bad news. You know the part we went all over for? The sway bar links? Those are fine and we DON'T need them. So, we go back to Store number 2 and return the part, and get brake pads instead. We go home. He installs the brake pads, when he's done, tells me we DO need the sway bar links.....the one we just returned, and that is on hold for me because 2 stores only have 1 each... instead of going to get them, he wants to do it tomorrow (today). Uh... Ok. Fine...
This all took 7 hours. I didn't eat or drink anything this whole time... I am so stressed out it ain't even funny. SO I drive the car back home. Even though it's grinding and really loud, that's not the main problem. Through all of this, the main problem is the alternator. It is going to go out anytime. The noise it's making gets worse every time I get in it... I am not supposed to be driving it. I don't want it to brake down. But he wants to get a used one on Tuesday, instead of me paying $180 for a new one... I'm all for saving money if it won't die on me... so whatever...

So by last night, I was pretty tired. I read about half my blog roll and had to go to bed...

Today, they are having a cookout and Step Dad isn't even THINKING of going to get these parts... which is ok. I understand he's busy... but when I left last night, we were getting them today. that was the plan....
So now I don't really know what's going to happen. I just know I couldn't sit over there again today and be happy when I'm so stressed out... not to mention.... I am not supposed to be driving the car! ugh...

What I ate yesterday:
Breakfast@ 10:30am: (144?) iced coffee and 1 chocolate chip cookie
Snack @ 7:15pm: (152) 10 tortilla chips, 2 tbs salsa con queso, water
Bites while making dinner: (150?)
Dinner @ 8:30pm: (about 750) 1 piece of 3 cheese tomato lasagna, 1 piece of garlic toast, milk
Total Water: 25 oz
Total Calories: about 1196
I didn't plan on going all day without eating like that. I was starving, but I took my time eating dinner. I was going to get a second plate but thought- I do NOT need another plate. Especially with the chips and bites while cooking, even though I think I am hungry I am not. So I told myself I would wait 10 minutes and if I still wanted it I would have it. AND I didn't :) I think I will do that from now on. Before getting a second helping, wait 10 minutes. I think this is the first time I have ever only had ONE piece of lasagna lol.

Everything was better once I got home. I got on the treadmill too
15 minutes/ .58 mile
Total Days in a row: 26 :)

Be back later with a post for today. I'll keep it short though lol. Just my eating and treadmill, since you already know the rest of my F'd up day! LOL :) Hope you all have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Tina, I am sorry you have had a couple of lousy days. Sounds like things have not turned around with your family. Is there anyway you can find someone that does mechanics in thier home garage at a cheaper rate than the shops charge? I know for us our mechanic is $55/hour where the shops are between $110 - $130. Makes a huge difference when getting repairs done and I know he will only do what needs doing not add on a bunch of crap that there is nothing wrong with. Sounds to me like your step-dad knows nothing about fixing anything. First the dryer and now the car. Your dryer problem if not the vent is probably only that it needs a new heating element, which you can change yourself. A new element is like about $20 - 25 and they are super easy to change. As for your car, don't let him near it, find someone else to do it and make sure he bled the brakes properly,cuz if he didn't you are an accident waiting to happen.
    As for your MIL I guess you should have asked her exactly what her idea of school stuff was so that you would know what you needed to get. Sometimes we just have to ask lots of questions in order to get people to tell exactly what they are going to do.
    I hope your day turns out better that it started. Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he has always had a problem admitting when he can't do something... I think he can do this- it's just getting it done! Honestly? I think he is getting older and his thinking is a little off... He has forgotten what he told me at least 3 times in this whole thing. (my mom even called me acting like I'm making stuff up- she's loosing it too lol) anyway... he is the cheapest way to go, but if he doesn't have it done this week I will have to find another solution.
    Yeah, I love my MIL and am so thankful for what she did get :) I just wish we would have went shopping last week, if we had known.
    The day ended up ok, thank you Tessa!
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete