Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Better Day... if you ignore the food part...

I had a better day today. I have been having such a hard time staying positive... With the dryer, the car, the end of summer, just everything I guess. Now it's the last week of my son's vacation and we are stuck at home doing nothing with the car all messed up. BUT I tried to stay positive, and I did feel better today. Ray is going to take him up to the park to practice throwing discs. After they can feed the ducks too. So that will be nice for them :) Ray's Mom is going to take him school shopping Saturday, which is SUCH a huge relief to me. We were doing that this week, until the car decided we aren't... but now she wants to take him and buy his stuff!!! She is the greatest Mother in Law ever. I am so thankful for her.

Ray and I are doing great, we are getting along better than ever. I mean, we always are lol... but the last few days have been really good. Even though I've been having a hard time, he is being so sweet. And he's not irritable at all, and it's just good.
We had a GREAT time at the MMA fights Saturday. The mic was to loud or something, and we couldn't understand a word the announcer said... but other than that it was good :) We never go out, so we didn't even mind that it started over an hour late!!!! LOL. I'm sure the guy said why, but we couldn't understand him! haha :)
I'm not sure who cares anything about MMA, most of you probably couldn't care less lol. So I won't bore you with a bunch of fight videos. Here's one though so you can see how close we are :)
I joked with Ray that I have a new goal. To loose enough weight to be a ring girl!!!! Do you see where they are sitting!!!!! Wow, now THOSE are good seats lol. I would only have to loose about 179 more pounds and that could be me. Haha :)
They were free tickets, and we were in the first row behind the gate. They didn't get the turn out they expected I guess, so they moved us beyond the gate :) So we had a waitress and everything, the only people in front of us was one row and the VIP tables you see in the pic. By the end of the night we were even closer!!! All night the fighters walked right past us, we were in the end too. You really can't get any better for free! :) You couldn't get much better for $$$, not sure how much those tables costed. Someone said $75 per seat... haha, wonder what they would think if they knew that us, 8 feet away were free hahaha :)



There was a live band, before the fights, they were good I thought. The best part of the night is when Ray and I looked at each other, both realizing what he was singing at the same time... Keep in mind it's more like a Metal Band... when we realized what he was saying we laughed and laughed :) It was soooo funny. They were LOUD, but for some reason it came out pretty quiet... can you tell what he's singing????
It's a chorus from another song, that is NOT metal, or rock or even close lol. Wonder if anyone will get it... :)

Another good thing, my brother had the fights from UFC that night, so we didn't miss those either :) They were good :)

Here's What I ate Today:
Breakfast: (221) Coffee, 1 slice of peanut butter toast
Snack: (23) 1 Werther's
Lunch: (800?) 1 tostada, about 10 tortilla chips w cheese, tomato, sour cream and taco meat. Water
Snack: (380) 1 1/2 cup of Capn Crunch w 1 1/2 cup ff skim milk
Total Calories: 1424 (624 + Dinner)
Total Water: 44 oz
Another mess up day with the food.... I really can't explain it. I know I'm a little stressed, but I don't feel depressed. I am not giving up, I start off the day with the best intentions... I KNOW I need to do better, no question about it. I hope seeing this isn't getting anyone discouraged, or thinking I have given up... because I haven't. I know some of you will understand, and some won't. Some will think "Why doesn't she just stop eating that crap!" and that makes sense of course. It's just not been that easy... I wish it was that easy, then NO ONE would be fat!
I did pass up pizza buns for dinner, so that's something right? I knew I had really messed up for lunch, and wasn't really hungry. Of course Ray kept asking "Are you sure." I knew what would happen, he would make me a few just in case i changed my mind. So I said "No I'm sure. I am not hungry, PLEASE do NOT make me any." and he didn't :) and I was fine.
It might sound crazy, but I'm not worried about gaining this week. Even though I ate crap, I haven't been doing bad on the calories because I haven't been binging, or eating much else besides the crap... but that said, this is NOT how I want to loose weight. I want to follow my original plan, and get healthier in the process. I know I can and will do it... Just having a hard time right now...

But like I said, my mood has been better, and I will try harder.

Today's Treadmill: 15 minutes/ .51 mile
Total Days in a row: 22
I'm sure that has helped me with my mood. Otherwise I might be much worse off with the way things have been going lol. But I'm good :) Things will get better.
Have a good night!

5 comments:

  1. Throwing discs? Are those like frisbees?

    Sounds like you guys hit the jackpot with those seats. Up close and personal :)

    It took me a few listens, but I think that guy is singing Milkshake by Kelis. Am I right?

    You may not be happy with your eating, but the calories are within reasonable limits and you are still sticking with the treadmill. Building an exercise routine is most of the battle and you are winning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I thought - if you saved all the money you spent eating out pizza and taco bell [for example] you could have the money to file bankruptcy in a little over three months. How awesome would that be? Granted you do still have to eat but it has to be cheaper than the average $20 a pop you spend per meal on fast food, right? And think of all the calories you could save. I would say a win-win all around, eh? :D

    I am loving the treadmill. You are doing so amazing. I am trying to decide what I am going to do for the big 3-0 because I KNOW you are so going to make it. You rock that way. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got a night out and had a good time. The song I can't quite put my finger on. I was thinking something from the Beatles/Paul McCartney, then I saw the other poster said Milkshake! Wow! Talk about hearing different things. LOL I am a firm believer that attitude has everything to do with weight loss, if you are feeling good, you will get back on track (and you're still doing your exercise--right on!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--Two comments from me on the same post! You lucky, girl, you--LOL.

    Consider yourself tagged! I was tagged with a list of questions to answer, and I had to create my own questions and forward them on to 8 others, and you are one of the 8 I chose. A link to your blog and the list of questions can be found on my last blog post. I look forward to seeing your answers!

    Also, I just got my first blog award (Happy 101) and am supposed to award it to ten others. You were one of the first people I thought of--I really enjoy your blog, Check my blog post for the image. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark, you win!!!! Haha, I don't have a prize or anything for you thought :) We just thought that was hilarious when we realized what he was singing. You're good!!!
    Yeah, they are like frisbees, just a little different. Disc Golf has really taken off here in Michigan in the last few years. My son really doesn't get to into it, but Ray's trying to get him to like it more. He likes to go with him and practice throwing.

    SkippyMom, I for sure have to stop with the pizza. FOR SURE lol. While we don't spend close to $400 per month on it, it would still save us a lot of money, and of course calories! I am going to try really hard to stay away from ordering food. Went grocery shopping, so that should help! :)
    I'm so glad I'm sticking with the treadmill, Thanks!!!

    Toosexy4thisfat, I AM lucky!!! LOL, thanks so much for thinking of me for this. I feel so special :) and I Can't wait to see the questions!
    Thank You!!!!

    ReplyDelete