Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One of those Days...

I am having a really hard time staying positive today...
I do feel better now after reading your comments :) Right now is the best I've felt all day actually.
I woke up with a horrible head ache, and it just went away about 1/2 hour ago. I'm very tired though and am going to try to get to bed before 1:30... I'll have to catch up on blogs in the morning, which may be my new plan anyway... to check blogs in the morning and get to bed earlier (we'll see what happens lol)
Made the kid go to bed at 11:30, he wasn't happy about that... but school starts next week and we have to get ready. I'm starting to really stress about that. He's been pretty moody and I'm wondering if It's becaue he's nervous about middle school. Have to make sure my worries don't show, and stay positive!!!!

My eating was pretty bad :( I know, I said I would do well this week and so far I have just been getting worse everyday!
Iced coffee: w 2 tsp hazelnut coffeemate, 1 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/3 cup milk, 4 ice cubes
Lunch: Hungry Howies- less than 1/2 turkey club sub, 3 small slices pizza, 3 small cheese sticks, Water
Snack: 1 Pear
Dinner: Romaine and Spinach Salad (w hot pepper rings, 1 1/2 tbs light ranch, croutons, shredded cheese) 1 cheese stick, Water
Snack: 2 bowls sugary cereal
Total Water: 42oz
No excuses. I did horrible. On top of the lunch, I am full. I hate feeling full now :(
I need to get to the grocery store, I know Ray's Mom will take me. Maybe tomorrow... Still, there were plenty of other options in the house. I tried to do well the rest of the day since lunch was so bad... then ruined it with cereal. You know I love cereal and am not going to stop eating it at this point, but NO WAY did I need 2 bowls. I am now full and feel like crap.

That Iced coffee is the best I've had yet, had a little more coffee then usual in it too. I'm not going to add milk everyday though. It came to 110 calories, I'm going to try to bring that number back down some. I'll just have it like that once in a while ;)

A good thing about today, I did get on the treadmill. I really didn't want to... but how could I ruin my streak? I would have to start all over! I can't do that!!!! Not to mention those of you who cheer for me as that number goes up!!!! That's the main reason I can't stop doing it :)
Treadmill: 15 minutes/ .50 mile
Total Days in a Row: 21

Today sucked. I know it, you know it.
I really want to wake up positive, and have a great day tomorrow :) I can do it! I hope you all have a good night, and also have a great day tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you are already at 21 days. Yipppeeee! Thanks for getting on it :) - don't you find, after you are done that you feel better - happier? I know when we walk the pups I do. I guess it is all the endorphins being released [or something like that heehee] Keep going you are almost at a whole month of doing it.

    Sorry you are having such a rough time - I wish there was something I could do but ::waving:: Not a Mechanic. I really wish I was. :) Just keep poking away at Jeff and hopefully he can get it fixed soon.

    Chin up girlie - Today is a new day with a new set of challenges that you CAN handle. Okay? You can do it Tina - look at the way you have kept your commitment to the treadmill - anything is possible. :)

    [PS - Your son may be cranky because he isn't getting enough sleep. Seems teens need more sleep than anyone else - in fact they changed our school schedules around here so the high schoolers go in the latest - and it has worked wonders. So even though he may pitch a snit about going to bed earlier he is probably going to be better off for it. Good luck]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another successful day's exercise!

    I read somewhere that it takes 21 days to form a habit. If that's true, what a great habit to have :)

    Your son probably is just a little nervous. Maybe even a little annoyed too that the summer is ending and it's back to business as usual. I know I never liked going back to school, but then, that's not unusual for kids. After a couple of days in the new routine, he'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are having a tough time right now, BUT YOU STILL GOT ON THE TREADMILL! That's awesome. Pat yourself on the back for that. Whenever I've feeling blue/stressed/out of sorts exercise is the first thing to go. GOOD FOR YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never discount the value of regular exercise and make sure you keep it as a priority. 21 days is freaking awesome! You are doing well, Tina.

    I agree with the comment that your son really does need more sleep. It is summer, but kids his age really require a lot of rest.

    You know....tomorrow will be a better day. Keep that in mind.

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much :) Yes, 21 days is something I can be proud of. I am going to say it's safe to call it habit again. Woo Hoo! Now to just make sure I do it more and more each week :) And YES, I do feel a lot better after I do it!

    No word on the car. From Jeff? Nope. From Ray's brother that knows a 'great mechanic?' Nope. Tomorrow I am going to try and get ahold of the mechanic myself.

    My son was better today, I think it's because he had such a good sleep :) I know I feel better with more sleep!!!
    He won't admit he's nervous, but it's his first year in middle school and he is so shy... I know he is nervous. I'm just going to be positive and hope for the best!

    Thanks again everybody :)

    ReplyDelete