Saturday, August 28, 2010

Becasue I'm OCD like that???

Haha, let me explain.
Some of you may know that I don't ever go to the doctor (just once a year for my female junk) so I am NOT diagnosed with OCD. I'm not diagnosed with anything. My mother diagnosing me with bi-polar doesn't count lol. My worry that I could be diabetic doesn't count either... NOTHING official.

But over the years I have seen things on tv about people with OCD, and just have been wowed by how I do alot of the same stuff. Not severe like some I've seen! No, I would say very minor. In fact, I have gotten better as I've gotten older. It was way worse when I was a kid I think. (I used to do weird stuff, most to do with counting... I only catch myself sometimes now though)

Well, I was reading a blog the other day, and she said that because of her Obsessive Compulsive personality, she has to comment on EVERY blog she reads. It made me smile, because I have the same thing... but I didn't think it was because of that. I also didn't think it was a problem, until now that I follow more and more blogs!!! lol :) I am going to try not to comment on EVER SINGLE blog post I read though... but I can't make you any promises!!!!!

Another thing I guess I am obsessive about, it recording what I eat. Yesterday I was in a hurry and decided that one day without telling you what I eat won't hurt anything. I figure some of you couldn't care less hehe :) BUT it did hurt something, me!!! I couldn't stop thinking about it! Now All morning I have been running through what I ate yesterday in my mind, so if I don't write it down it's not going to leave me alone!!! Maybe it's OCD, or maybe it's guilt. Because I didn't do well yesterday, and not writing it would make me feel guilty? Well anyway, my brain really needs a rest, so here you go :)

What I ate Friday:
Drink: (104) Iced Coffee w 2 tsp hazelnut coffee mate, 1 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/4 cup ff skim milk, ice
Lunch: (398) Sandwich (2 oz turkey, 8 pepperonis, hot pepper rings, 1 tbs mw on whole what), 5 grape tomatoes, 5 baby carrots, 1 tbs light ranch, water

This is where it goes down hill fast....
Snack: (360) McDonalds- chicken sandwich
Snack: (180) eclair ice cream bar
Dinner: (444) 1 1/2 cups broccoli tuna helper. 1 1/2 cups peas, 1 slice buttered whole wheat toast, water
Snack: (210) s'mores pop tart
Snack: (360) Hot S'mores poptart with vanilla ice cream and chocolate (see pic)
Snack: (70) 3 Werther's through out the day
Total Water: 67 oz
Total Calories: 2126
There you have it. Lots of snacking and none of it healthy.
I started off good, then Ray called and asked what I wanted from McDonald's. Nothing I already ate (yay me!) But he brought me a chicken sandwich, sat it in my lap... and instead of giving it back, I ate it (boo me). I over ate for dinner and then snacked on what ever I wanted... but now that I look at it, it isn't as bad as I thought. BUT it is bad, because I ate when I wasn't hungry, a few times!!! There is NO excuse for all that unhealthy snacking...
That s'mores concoction is something I dreamed up and used to snack on, but this is the first time this year I've had it... and at 360 calories probably the last lol.

It's a new day, and now this is off my chest and I can move on :)

Talked to Jeff, he said he can do everything on the list from the mechanic. BUT he doesn't sound like he's in a hurry... I told him that school starts soon, so I hoped to have it all done with next week... he still doesn't seem to be in a hurry. I will call him again Monday morning, and if he doesn't sound like it's going to get done soon, I'll call someone else. I would just rather save money with him doing it, and give him money because they need it over there... he's not working so I hope he decides to make this a priority. We'll see. I love him, but just don't get him sometimes... haha sound familiar? In the meantime, I will drive it as little as possible. And be waking up the whole neighborhood with all the grinding noises it's making, when Ray has to be to work at 4am... ugh.

Going to do the treadmill early today, since I'll be gone tonight. I'm a little worried about what we'll be eating tonight... but I'll do fine :)  I'll probably be home pretty late, so I'll be back tomorrow!!!
Have a good day!!!

12 comments:

  1. Argghgh, don't give me good (bad) ideas with the s'mores concoction (lol). I know what you mean about commenting on all the blogs you like. I think it's going to burn me out. In fact, I'm already feeling it. Guess I'll just have to pick my favourites and carry on.

    You know, when you were talking about the McD's chicken sandwich I could just picture my hubby putting one on my lap and me pulling a tasmanian devil kind of thing by squishing it up and slamming it into the garbage can...but I probably would have eaten it (lol). Hey, back to it! You had a good weight loss yesterday...forget the falling off the wagon and jump right back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that...we are just getting to know one another..A S'mores Pop tart with Ice Cream... OMG,...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tina, I am back, internet problems solved. I'm not even going to comment on your food cuz I have learnt that you have a certain way of doing things and that is just fine with me. Sorry about your ailing vehicle, they can be a costly commodity. Is there not a bus line near you that you could perhaps utilize to get Ray to work and your son to school? Might help a bit with the finances as well, just a suggestion. Glad you had a good weigh in yesterday, bye bye 280's, hello 270's, sliding into the 260's real soon. Real proud of you my friend.
    I also wanted to comment on the blogs that I would read but alas time is of concern so only do a couple a day. I do try to get to yours daily, when the internet moofies are not destroying my connection.
    See you liter!!! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right about now, I would turn a flip for that s'mores concoction. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Just checking in before I leave, and thank you all for your comments! They really made me smile :)

    Just Me, I love that! I can picture it in my mind too!!! AND Ray's reaction... haha!!!
    I'm back on the wagon, and hoping to stay on it :)

    Allen... I know... It really was the first time this year though!!! Promise! lol.

    Tessa, SOO glad you are back!!! You are welcome to make any comments you want, I have my ways... but yesterday isn't what I want my ways to be- that's for sure!
    Yeah, there's a bus and it would be so perfect, it goes right by his work!!! BUT not at 4am :( so we are out of luck. And I hate to put anyone out at that time either...
    Yours is a blog I will always comment on too :) Can't help it haha :) Thanks for coming over, so glad to see you! HUGSSS!!!!

    Jo, it was delish lol :) BUT if I would have done flips for it, at least I would have burned more calories!! Hahaha :)
    In my opinion, if you turn a flip- you can have any concoction you can dream up Jo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What??!! I can't believe I sent all of those good-energy vibes out to your car and it's still not running. Hmm . . . Maybe I should send out motivational, get-up-off-you-ass vibes to your honey instead?? Consider it done! LOL. Seriously, good luck with your car. I have sooo been there. Also, I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but congrats on your weight loss. As far as OCD goes, I think we all have a little bit of it in us (I still count the steps to the mailbox--LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay - this coming from probably your wordiest commentator [I know you wonder how so many words could leak out of such a lil' woman, but hey, just me! :D] - but if someone is on my blog roll they are there for a good reason [my reasons of course] and I consider them a friend and therefore will ALWAYS comment. Even if it is to say "Hi" - I read my blogroll everyday because these are the blogs of people I admire and it would be similar to going over to their home and playing mute all afternoon. Does that make sense or am OCD about this? Now with all that said - I have a glorious amount of time on my hands where I have to be stationary and as such I can comment on all the blogs I read [well except when my keyboard decides to be a b*tch or the Lupus swells my fingers - but dangit - I find a way heehee] and I understand that 90 percent of the people I read don't have the luxury of the time I do. I understand when I don't get comments, but really am surprised when I get them from people I didn't even know read my blog. That's nice too.
    For all the blogs I read from other people's blogrolls [I find a LOT of great blogs that way] I will comment once and a while, but sometimes I just read and read. If I really enjoy their blog I let them know.
    Does this make me OCD - not at all - just someone who likes to blog and share. And to be honest Tina yours is the ONLY one I write pages of my soon to be published novel on. :) Probably because I really want to be sitting in your living room, laughing with you and drinking iced coffee :) [okay now I am sounding stalker-y - oops]

    I was wondering why you didn't post what you ate yesterday - but probably had more to do with the car than anything, eh? That isn't so bad and like Tessa said - you have your own way of doing things and it seems to work. You are back in the 270s and that is awesome and you have upped you time on the treadmill. I don't like that Ray brought you a sandwich anyway, but I totally understand his motivation [and the fact is that he loves you] Pooldad will call and ask how my sodium is and if I would like a filet o' fish from McD's [plain] and even if I tell him no he brings it home because he wants me to have it - I'll take a bite and give it to the dogs [oh happy happy joy joy for them, eh?] Because I planned the day not to include the damn thing, but boy do I want it.

    Jeff is really perplexing, typical I guess. But you really need to make him understand the severity of the situation. The only two things I can think of is 1. You said once that your son can walk to school? That might have to be an option until it is fixed. 2. Can Ray get a ride to work - or is the bus/train an option where you live? I wish that you could just get it fixed. Car problems are sucky - as we all know - I do wish you luck.

    Okay - time to sign off. I have to save SOME words for someone else, right? :) Love and Hugs.

    [and stop making those smores poptarts with ice cream things - you are going to give Wallene ideas and I don't allow frosted pop tarts in the house. LOL]

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture looks awesome...I am not sure how you came up with that but it looks AWESOME...
    I try to comment as much as I can....I love the comments on my blog so I figure I should comment on theirs as well....hope that you have an awesome week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toosexy4thisfat, thanks for the good vibes you sent out :) It's still running, just very loudly and with problems. Hopefully fixed soon. Oh it's not my honey :) It's my Mom's honey, but yes- please send out those get off your ass vibes!!! lol
    I used to count every step, and the treadmill has really helped I think. I only catch myself doing it once in a while, but I am able to stop myself now :) (I used to count EVERYTHING. I had to step twice in each sidewalk square, Never step on cracks, I could go on... lol) I do think you're right about a lot of us have a little bit of it though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi SkippyMom!
    I'm the same way, I read my blog roll everyday, and leave lots of comments :) I just think I have to cut down a little, and not comment on EVERY post. I have recently added a few more to my roll, and now it is taking me soo long at night that I don't even go to bed sometimes. But I'll still leave comments, because I can't help it lol. maybe just not EVERY post?

    Haha! You don't sound stalkerish at all!!! I am honored to have pages of your future novel on my blog, maybe you will make me famous hahaha ;)

    Yeah, I know I need to do better with eating, that isn't what I want my norm to be for sure.
    You're right about Ray, he shouldn't have but I don't think it was to sabotage me.It's more like what you said about pooldad. I guess he just knew that when he got here and ate his I would wish I had some lol. BUT I would be fine without it, just drooling a bit!!! hehe

    My son will be walking home already, but I like to bring him. That way he can sleep a little more... Also he is starting middle school and I know he's a little nervous, I just would really like to be able to drive him. Especially the first day. But yes he'll be walking if he has too. We have a bus that goes right by Ray's work, but not at 4 am :( I'll be driving him to work, and he can probably get a ride home.

    Hey, ice cream and chocolate would go good on a hot unfrosted pop tart too... not trying to give her ideas, but...
    LOL :)
    Love and Hugs SkippyMom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Colenic! I'm trying to have an awesome week :)
    I don't know how I came up with it either lol.
    I feel the same way about the comments, I so appreciate them, and like to leave them. I guess it just comes down to time... I'll have to figure something out.

    ReplyDelete