Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's been a Rough couple of days...

I didn't talk to Ray last night, he was sleeping. So we hadn't really talked at all in a day and a half. Which is hard since he lives here, I bring him to work, ect. So he really knew without a doubt I was VERY upset. I woke up early this morning. He rubbed my back and started the day by saying "Tina I'm so sorry." This opened it up for the hour and half discussion that followed. (my son was still sleeping through the whole thing thank goodness)
You know how long my post get lol, so I won't make you suffer with a whole book of what all was said. Just that it was a lot of pouring my heart out, letting him know he ruined the trust I thought I could have in him, crying, ect. On his side it was all apology and he knows it was wrong and he can't believe he would risk loosing me over something so stupid.

We all know I wasn't going to leave him, but I was so upset that I didn't let HIM know that. He seems really upset that he hurt me so bad, and didn't put me and his son first. This made him say "Maybe the weed has more hold on me than I thought, if I could do that with you and our son right there."
(wahhhht? If his back wasn't to me he would have seen my eyes pop out of my head and my jaw drop to the floor!)
Now we all have differing opinions on weed. I'm not going to change any one's mind, just as mine won't be changed either, but the bottom line is I DO NOT want it around my son. As I have said I sooo wish he didn't do it, but he does. I wasn't about to make him stop- mainly because I didn't believe he could or would, and I would just be setting myself up for lies and more hurt. All that being said, I have GREAT news :)

He decided to quit. HE decided to quit! Which makes me believe it might happen, because it was his decision and not mine like last time. Now, I'm not stupid- and I will believe it when I see it. But I do have hope. He actually ran out yesterday, so there is NONE in the house. And there will be NONE in the house ANYMORE. He said he isn't going to do it at all, because he's sick of being scared of hurting himself at work and getting fired. And because he thinks it will make him a better Dad, as he will want to do more, and quit being so lazy. I agree :) BUT we will see what happens. He won't be doing it here though, that's the new rule. None in the house. Period.
He's giving anything he has for it to my brother (who will be thrilled I'm sure) and also went as far as to try to sell his vaporizer (which I forgot to mention before. If you know what it is, there is no smoke, another reason it was always impossible to smell it at all in the house) so that is a good sign. I really do have hopes that he will stick to what he says and stay away from it completely... but like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. But he will NOT be doing it here, that's for sure.
I am very happy.

My Mother called today and asked if I was mad when I left the other day. I didn't get mad or upset, I just told her like it is. That I've been waiting for 12 years for them to respect my wishes and it ain't gonna happen. And I'm not waiting anymore. We are not going over there anymore, I can't handle the stress. They can come here, or whatever. I'm not disowning anyone, I'm not mad anymore, it is what it is.
And she started to try and defend herself saying "It's not my house..." I don't care, you control what YOU do while my son is there. She said "Well maybe you could talk to your brother about it." NO, I'm done talking. Everyone knows how I feel, and no one respects that. I'm not trying anymore, I've been trying for 12 years. I am already mad at myself for letting it go on this long.
I told her I hope everyone understands, I really did try but I'm done trying, done waiting. She said she understands, and that's ok. The conversation ended fine. So far everything is good. We'll see what my brothers have to say. They could understand and be ok, or be complete assholes and blow it all out of proportion. It could go either way. BUT I WILL BE PISSED if they have the nerve to be mad at me about it. I'm just hoping that doesn't happen because I will not be handling it well...

SO, there we go. All up to date. OH! AND Ray told his Mom we are filing for bankruptcy. She said she could help if we need it :) I really want to try and see what we can do on our own, but now I know we have help if we need it and that really lifts a little more stress off my shoulders. It is really just bad timing, since my sons birthday is next month, then Christmas will be coming... but it will all work out :)

I have a KILLER head ache (from crying this morning, and maybe from no iced coffee in days) but I feel great besides that. 2 days ago I felt so hopeless and alone, and now it's all turned around. Maybe what happened at my Mom's was a blessing in disguise (a VERY convincing disguise...) because i really feel like everything is better, and I will be a lot less stressed out from now on. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts through it all.

I have to go to bed, my head is really bad. I'll write my menu tomorrow and my treadmill time. Yep, I got on the treadmill too. 15 minutes, but it's better than nothing :)
Goodnight.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, this is really starting to irritate me, I had my comment all written out and poof there it went again....grrrrrr. Ok, where was I.....oh ya, I'm glad that things are looking up for you. Miracles sometimes come in very small packages. It was good to see that Ray admitted that his use could cost him his job. Maybe now he will be able to really get rid of it, one day at a time is how you have to be prepared to handle this. Making the first rule that it can no longer be in the house is a good start. Remember it takes 21 days to form a habit and a life time to break it. This is not going to be easy for him or you but one day at a time and I think you will see things slowly improve.
    As for your family, well the ball is in thier court so you just have to see how it bounces. Let them be mad.....my dad has a saying "Get mad, stay that way, you're the only one that has to get over it".
    So let's climb on board this train and head off to the mountain of slim. By the way I have an iced coffee receipe for you. I've been drinking them all week and they are yummy, I used instant coffee (cuz I know you don't have a coffee maker). Make up as much as you want of the instant coffee, put it in a pitcher, place in fridge till it is nice and cold. For each serving pour coffee into a glass with ice cubes and add flovored liquid coffee creamer to suite your taste. Stir well and enjoy. Low cost and tastes even better than the boughten stuff. I used the International Coffee Creamer, hazelnut flavor. I don't know if you have them there but I am sure that you have something like them. I added about 2 tablespoons to my glass so I enjoyed an iced coffee for a grand total of 60 calories. You could use sugar and regular cream with a dash of vanilla if you don't have the coffee creamer. Give it a try and see if you like it. I think it is delicious!!!
    Have a good sleep and face tomorrow with a new attitude and plan. I'm pulling for you both! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina-
    YAY!! I am happy that things are starting to look up for you. It sounds like Ray understands that it's not what he's doing that's bothering you but the fact that he is disrepecting your feelings and wishes. Good for him that he is going to quit. Like Tessa said- it's going to be a long road, but it only takes one step to move in the right direction!
    I like her ice coffee recipe- I will sometimes use sugar free syrup in a variety of flavors- adds the flavor and I often find them at the dollar store!! Glad that things are looking up and good job on the treadmill!!
    Hugs and lots of positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I like the iced coffee ideas - I didn't know you could make them at home [or how] and Squirrel loves them. Thanks Tessa and colenic - I am definitely scoping the dollar store next time - sugar free is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies :) I do feel so much better. It has been 3 whole days and everything is going so good with him... he even went to a friends and was tempted and didn't give in :) BEST of all, he's not being a jerk lol. I really thought he's be irritable... but maybe I'm speaking to soon... If he does though, I will do my best to be patient, because I know it's hard, and I'm proud of him.

    That sounds really good! And 70 calories would be much better than 200!! I am going to try it for sure. I don't drink coffee, so I'm not sure what kind of creamers we have, but I'll find something! I'll look for those syrups too, that would be a great bonus if I could find them at the dollar store :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete