Saturday, August 14, 2010

Time for the Weekly Weigh In...

And the scale says...
278.8
That's .4 pounds lost, 41.2 pounds TOTAL :)
I don't mind that it's not a lot, a loss is a loss!
Every little loss makes me smaller,
and that TOTAL bigger!
This week I got on the treadmill 3 days,
making my totals 45 minutes/ 1.72 miles

I have to tell you that that wasn't my usual weigh in. I planned on getting up early and getting all the laundry done, but it didn't happen. I got up late, did all the laundry, brought it to the laundromat, folded it all and THEN weighed in. On only an iced coffee all day! So of course I'll take it, because I am over joyed that I don't have to record anything in the 280s, but it's not REALLY my weight... does that make sense??? lol, it does in my mind... Anyway, I will have to work hard this week to make sure I loose from that irregular weigh in.

What I ate today:
Drink: (200) 9.5 oz iced coffee
Snack: (47) 2 Werther's (while I cooked dinner)
Dinner: (350) 3.8 oz chicken and 3/4 cup of red beans and rice, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: (280) sundae nut cone
Snack: (23) Werther's
Snack: (39) 5 yogurt covered raisins
Snack@ 2am: (245) bowl of frosted puffed wheat cereal w 1 cup ff skim milk
Total Water: 42 oz
Total Calories: 1184 Definitely not my normal day (except for the bad choices in snacks that are so familiar lately!). For dinner I was starving, and got a big helping. BUT I ate slow, and got full and only ate about 2/3 of what was on my plate :) AND I didn't touch the left over pizza in the fridge :)

I need to get back on track now. Enough messing around! Here are some things I plan on doing to help me do better. They are the same as the ones I started out with... I just haven't followed them in a long time now...
Eat Slow
Get small portions (this includes my JUST ONE rule, especially for pizza. That way if I want more than one, I will have to actually get up and think about what I'm doing... I am less likely to eat 5 pieces that way!)
Drink a lot of WATER- at least 40 oz per day
NO POP I've been doing good on that one :)
Choose healthier snacks
Eat more Fruits and Veggies
Get on the treadmill EVERYDAY even if only for 10 minutes! But at this point I will really try to do at least 15.
I think those are the main ones. Baby steps :)

And speaking of the treadmill...
Total Treadmill: 15 minutes/ .60 mile
Consecutive Days on the Treadmill: 4

A little news on the more personal level, today was a little rough for Ray. He is definitely having a hard day today... he is very irritable and short tempered. He realizes this though and is doing his best. It has been 5 days now and I am so proud of him. He says his mind is racing, and he doesn't feel right. I'm sure he's having trouble sleeping... It's been about 15 years since he's been clean... so I know it's going to be hard. I'm being very patient and understanding... so far ;) He also admitted that he feels better at work already, not about it not being in his system- because it still is... but just the working. He said he feels like he is working better without getting tired, so that's good :) (He works a physically demanding job)

Everything is still great though :) Going to try and go to bed soon. Have a good night!

6 comments:

  1. I see that 4 and I say WOOHOO - awesome with the treadmill. I knew you were doing really well with the pop and that is faboo too!

    And almost a half a pound is STILL a loss of half a pound and not a gain. You should be very proud of yourself - even if it isn't coming off as fast as you want it is not going back on, right? Slow and steady wins the race. :)

    Have a great weekend. Now will you PLEASE come and do my laundry. Gah. I hate laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! every little bit is a step in the right direction so take it.

    i'm proud of you for your perserverance. even when you take a step backwards, you don't let it derail you too long and you're back on track again. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, Tina, with the 4 consecutive days on the treadmill. It doesn't matter how long you do it, just do it every day.

    You are right about the snacks. Maybe you could limit it to just one sweet snack per day, and let the others be protein or fruit. Protein will keep you full longer. (Just my 2 cents worth!)

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement Ladies!!! :)

    Yeah, I'm happy with ANY loss. :) As long as the number is going down, I am going to be happy with it!

    That is a great idea having one sweet snack per day... I keep thinking that and then never follow through. I am going to try and do better though. That's a LOT of calories I could be avoiding, I NEED to do better with the snacks for sure.

    I HATE laundry (I hate dishes even more!) But if we lived closer I'd be over in an hour SkippyMom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Tina, staying on the down side of 280 is a challenge in itself but you are doing it. I have no comment about anyone's food right now because mine has not been that great. I just can't seem to get motivated. Good job, keep it up. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tessa!
    I completely went off track today with food... ugh! But as long as we don't give up that's what matters. Tomorrow will be better, I don't know what my problem is!!!
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete