Saturday, August 7, 2010

Weigh Day

And the scale says...
279.2
That is a .2 pound loss for this week.
I'll take it!!!
That brings the Total lost to 40.8 pounds :)
This week my crunch total is: 220

I can't say I expected a loss. I actually expected a gain and just hoped it would be less than .6 so I didn't have to see the 280s again! So a loss at all is a surprise, and I am SO glad :) I did drink a lot of water this week, and had more fiber in my diet. I had a few romaine salads this week, they seem to help me loose weight. I'm happy, any loss is a loss in my book!!!

Had an unexpected problem today. After I was so relieved to lose, Ray wanted to order food!!! I usually would have given in... in fact I almost did!!! I thought about how happy I was to have lost any weight, and that wasn't enough! I still wanted pizza! I asked "what do you want?" BUT then I thought of how much money trouble we are in, I thought "I JUST wrote about it and how I have to SAVE EVERY PENNY on my blog!!! How will this look!?!?!?!?!?" and that's what did it. That's what stopped me. So when he told me what he wanted, I said "Ok, I'll make some Tuna Helper."
I was actually pretty mad after that. Because now I WANTED pizza :( Why would he even bring it up? Knowing we can't afford it??? Ugh. And I was mad becasue instead of making my tuna sandwich I really wanted for lunch, I was making dinner for lunch, and another dinner for dinner!!! I got over it within about 20 minutes, but I almost let it really get to me... More and more I feel like I am a parent instead of a partner... and I get tired of it...

Here's What I ate today:
Drink: (200) iced coffee
Lunch: (473) 1 cup of tetrazzini tuna helper, 1/2 cup peas, 1 slice parmesan whole wheat toast, 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: (320) 4 chocolate chop cookies, 1 cup ff skim milk
Dinner: (538) 2 servings of chicken veggie stir fry over white rice(total 1 1/2 cups rice and 1 1/2 cups stir fry), 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: (380) 5 cookies, 1 cup ff skim milk
Total Water: 40 oz
Total Calories: 1911
I over ate at dinner AND went a little crazy with the cookies and milk. My stomach is paying for it right now... I did get in a lot of veggies though.

My son did end up going fishing yesterday. He had a really good time :) I'm glad, he's been waiting long enough! He plans on going tomorrow too... but I haven't heard anything about it so I don't know. But if he was told they were going again, they BETTER BE.

I have not been on the treadmill in 3 weeks now. My goal is to get on it tomorrow no matter what! Even if only for 10 minutes!

3 comments:

  1. Tina, I am so proud of you on both counts. Maintaining a lose with the stress youve been under is no easy thing to do. And standing up to Ray regarding the pizza......way to go girl!!! Obviously he does not realize that ordering out so much is partly responsible for your financial problems. You took a potentially explosive situation and made a good choice. It's that positive attitude that will keep you going through this whole thing. Keep plugging away and even though his wanting to order in makes you angry you are doing the right thing. You could take some of your back credit card statements and show him just how much you were spending on fast food and that may help him to face the reality. Men are not as atune to things like finances when they have someone that looks after it all. I remember one time when my kids were small and my ex was griping about how much I was spending on goceries. So to teach him a lesson I used up every possible food item in the house and was down to just a few cans of tomato soup. The kids were small so they didn't really care as long as they got fed. So he came home from work one night looking for his dinner and got tomato soup. Well he did some screaming and name calling and stormed out to get groceries. It was the first and last time he ever ragged on me about how much money was being spent on groceries. Sometimes they just need a visual. again I am so proud of you, keep positive and be strong, you will survive this. Big HUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on keeping it up [or down :) as this case may be. YAY! A loss! Whoop!]

    You need to get back on the treadmill girlie - you will feel so much better. Trust me. I walk the dogs at night [when it is cooler] and some nights my joints ache so bad I don't want to do it - but the second I step out into the cool night air, holding my honey's hand - I know I made the right choice because inevitably we can talk, talk, talk [alone!] and my joints will feel much better for me when I fall asleep later. :) Exercise definitely helps lose weight - I need to walk to feel better, but the more I walk the more calories I burn and the more pounds I lose [still can't get by current weight of 121 lbs. grrrrr] but see? It works. We both know it. Please do it for you - you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the thing... he DOES know how bad the bills are... he's just... I don't know. He actually did it again today. Instead of just getting mad I asked "why would you even do that? We can't, and you know it. And now I want pizza." And he kind of acted sorry, but I'm sure it will happen again... I just have to stand my ground. I like what you did :)
    Thanks Tessa :)

    Oh you are SO right SkippyMom, I know I felt a lot better back when I was on it everyday. I don't know what my problem is! I did get on it today though :) I accomplished my goal, even if it was only 14 minutes. It was a start :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete