Sunday, August 15, 2010

A New Day, A New Chance to do Great!

Good Morning!
Yes... I said good morning :) Even though it is 12:02pm... We all stayed up way to late, and I am just getting up.
I thought I better come look at those little rules again... just to remind me so I don't have a repeat of yesterday! (btw, I am also going back and writing down all that I ate... ugh... this must be what it feels like to go to confession...)
Here they are again:
Eat Slow
SMALL PORTIONS (this includes my JUST ONE rule, especially for pizza. That way if I want more than one, I will have to actually get up and think about what I'm doing... I am less likely to eat 5 pieces that way!)
Drink a lot of WATER- at least 40 oz per day
NO POP I've been doing good on that one :)
Choose Healthier Snacks
Eat More Fruits and Veggies
Get on the Treadmill EVERYDAY even if only for 10 minutes! But at this point I will really try to do at least 15.
I forgot the main one!!!
Listen to My Body! Before I get something to eat, I have to stop and ask myself  "Is that what you REALLY want to eat??" and of course "Are you really even hungry???"

Today will be much better, I can already tell :) I'll be back tonight with what I ate. I hope you all have a GREAT DAY!

Ok, I'm back. Today WAS better, but still not great. I didn't follow the CHOOSE HEALTHIER SNACKS rule today.
What I ate:
Drink: (67) 1/3 bottle iced coffee
Lunch: (250) Rice Medley (rice, peas, mushrooms, sauce- a Green Giant frozen box. yummy) Water
Snack: (140) 1/2 cup mint ice cream
Dinner: (890) Chimichanga(frozen) with chips and cheese and salsa, Romain Spinach Salad with light ranch, cheese, cheddar, croutons,Water
Snack: (250) Honey BBQ Frito twist
Snack: (360) 4 Double O's, 1 cup ff skim milk
Total Water: 40 oz
Total Calories: 1957
Dinner was a lot of calories, but I did think about what I really wanted, and that was it. I didn't know it was going to be THAT many calories... but I was fine with the day except having the 2 unhealthy snacks after that. Those Frito's used to be one of my FAVORITE snacks. I would eat the whole bag if I wasn't careful! But today, I didn't even like them. Which is good, so I shouldn't have a problem staying away from them! The double O's are another story.
I went to the store today, and as you can see got a little junk. BUT I also got good stuff. I got fruits, fruits I like! Now I just have to eat them... :)
I'm still in a good mood, despite my bad food choices. I just have to do better. I have planned out what I'm eating tomorrow, so it should be easier to stay on track!
Treadmill: 15 minutes/ .54 miles (five minutes with 2 lb weights)
On it 6 days in a row!

10 comments:

  1. Eating slower is something that I should work on. I practically inhale my food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe once you file for bankruptcy and have to cut up the credit cards you won't be able to order out pizza anymore? Simply not having the money is a big enough deterrent to not to buy it, right? [Help me out here - I got nothing :)]

    Good job on the treadmill - you do have something to be proud of. That and you aren't drinking pop - woohoo! :)

    When it comes to pizza you are always going to answer yes to the question "Is this what I REALLY want to eat" That isn't bad. It IS your favorite food and no sense denying yourself, but the more important question is the second one "Are you really even hungry?" I can honestly say I have never known anyone that was still hungry after a third slice of a large pizza [and you've seen Pooldad - the man can eat :)]Even my two sons who are 6'4 and 6'2 won't go for a fourth slice because I have the "no eating for taste rule" [waived on Holidays and Chicken and Dumpling night ;)] in our home since it can [and has] made them sick from overeating.

    You'll do it. I have no doubt. Can I hear a 6? Talk to you later sweetie. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SkippyMom,
    You would think!!! lol, it really should be enough of a deterrent! We have already quit using the credit cards, ever since that day I went and saw that lawyer. We don't use them AT ALL. Since he told me to stop paying on them, we also don't have those bills anymore... which actually means we have MORE money. BUT not really since we are supposed to be saving every penny for the lawyer! haha, yeah I know- I have a problem :)
    Oh, there is no way I need 5 pieces. I COULD eat the whole thing by myself, but I don't NEED to lol. You are absolutely right on that! I don't know what it is about pizza (and this was GOOD pizza) that makes me just ignore all common sense!!! The 'Do you really want that' comes in the next day for leftovers. I did use that one today :) I didn't touch the leftovers! Woo Hoo!
    Thanks SkippyMom!!! Yep, I'll give you a 6 for sure! :) Huggs!

    I know what you mean Mark! I'm better, but I still need to improve with eating slower!

    Thanks Jo! I hope you're all having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My main problems are that I always REALLY want every unhealthy food out there. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally able to catch up on your blogs, Tina! I've been wondering how you've been doing and getting online using my slow ass computer was...well...less than desirable. Haha.

    First...congrats on the weight loss! I'm so stoked for you! You're right...every little bit counts!

    Second...how's Ray doing? He still holding his own? I was so happy to read that he'd decided to quit and that he'd went 5 days without. Quitting will be the best gift that he can ever give his son and you. When he's free and clear of it from his system he will understand that. My husband was a cocaine addict for over 20 years before I met him. He was doing it at work...his BOSS set him up with some...and he was working heavy machinery back then! Anyway, something happened one day (I won't go into deets) but he quit cold turkey. He just stopped. He's never touched it since...and hasn't even wanted to. I'm proud of him. Quitting can happen if you want it bad enough.

    Third...I'll admit something to you. About 6 months ago I ordered one of those big pans of lasagna from Pizza Hut and ate the whole thing, plus bread sticks, by myself in one sitting. I was sick (sadly, not vomity kind of sick...that'd have been great!) for hours, days, after that. I felt so ashamed of myself. But it is what it is...and I went on.

    Fourth...I LOVE the new blog design. Very cheery!

    Fifth....AWESOME about the treadmill, girl! Nice streak you've got goin' on!

    OK...I think that's all. Haha. I just want to say that I'm so happy to call you a friend...and am so proud of you for everything that you've accomplished, thus far. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS....just checked out the pics of you...comparing April to now...OMG!!! Double chin...VANISHED!!! Love it! You're looking so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie M, even though you want the unhealthy food, you do SUCH a great job in controlling what you eat! I know I have to get it under control, or there is no way I will be able to loose all I want to, and then KEEP IT OFF like you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your computer is back up Shauna!!!

    Ray is doing great :) He has been clean for 7 days now! In fact... I just realized that he stopped Sunday, and I started the treadmill Monday! So he has been without one day longer than my treadmill streak, just another reason I need to keep getting on it! So I'll know his streak too! :)
    I can not IMAGINE having to deal with cocaine, OR trying to quit! And cold turkey with no help, Wow. That is awesome!
    Ray's last 2 jobs he would smoke weed with the boss. Nuts.

    With the pizza, even with 5 large slices, I felt FINE... which is bad :( I SHOULD have been sick... I DID feel guilty, guilty enough I almost didn't write it! But like you said, it is what it is. No going back, only forward!

    Thanks for your comments on the blog and picture :) I didn't think I liked it at first, but now I'm glad I put it up :)

    Thanks so much Shauna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops! I looked back, because the 6days didn't add up lol. I started on Tuesday, not monday :) So he's got 2 days on me :)

    ReplyDelete