Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Out of Control Snacking

We ALWAYS have tortilla chips in the house, a lot of times Sunchips too. It's usually not a problem. BUT lately I have been snacking like CRAZY! And just craving chips and salty snacks. Why? I really don't know! I do know I have to get it under control though.

I had a head ache all day yesterday, and was hungry. On top of just wanting to snack, I was genuinely hungry all day.
Monday just started off bad. Those fritos were on the table (instead of out of site in the cupboard) and I grabbed them. So that's my breakfast... ugh. Then I tried to do well. And I did for the rest of the day until dinner, and I made Taco Soup. Very yummy and low in calories... NOT when I got done with it!
Then Ray and I stayed up all night catching up on the last season of Breaking Bad. What did I do? Eat chips! I don't know what's going on... or why I can't seem to control myself. There is NO excuse... Especially with the fruits and better choices in the house.

What I ate Monday:
Snack: fritos
Lunch: Tuna Sandwich on whole wheat (cheddar, miracle whip, hot pepper rings), 10 baby carrots, 1 1/2 tbs light ranch
Snack: 3 cookies and 1/2 cup ff skim milk
Dinner: 2 Cups of Taco soup with tortilla chips and cheddar, water
Snack: couple bites of pear
Snack LATE: fritos and Sunchips
Total Water: 55 oz

I have to get back to eating less at a time too. I know that I have stretched my stomach out, and that's why I am so hungry all the time. BUT there is still no excuse, I could be eating fruit and other healthier choices.

I did get on the treadmill. So glad I did, I have to make sure I get on it EVERYDAY!
Treadmill: 15 minutes/ .56 mile (5 minutes with 2 LB weights)
7 days in a row on it

4 comments:

  1. Well done for getting on the treadmill :)

    If you are struggling to control your weak moments, why not stop having chips in the house? At least until you regain a little control. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a hardship to other chip lovers in your house, if there were no chips for a while. Hell, it would do everyone some good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark!

    Yeah, you're right. I think I'll have to keep the tortilla chips for the fiance, but the rest we can do without! Definitely trigger my cravings, and the whole house would be better off :) I always tell myself if it isn't in the house I can't eat it... until I'm shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this post - oopsie doodle :) - I don't think it is so terrible - you did pretty good all day, but I have to say I agree with Mark - take them out of the house. Not the Sunchips - those are good, right? But the fritos - or buy the bitty lil' 25 cent size bags and give each person one as a serving a dinner. Not as economical but better for everyone's health. :)

    I admit I love me some chips - especially with salsa and onion dip - but I absolutely cannot have them. Even a few would eat up my sodium points and I want to be full sometime during the day. lol - but know that I know exactly how you feel - my family would keep the stuff out of the house to not tempt me if I actually ate it but since I know better and don't [I like breathing tyvm] I bring it in because I know THEY love it. It is a double edge sword. I get it.

    Tonight as one of Squirrel's going away meals we are having BLTs. I am having an LT sandwich heehee because I didn't save enough sodium points to have the bacon. But it is okay - I love my veggies. :)

    Now I am really rambling. Thank god you put up with me. heehee [and thanks for the comment today on my Mom - that meant a lot.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, those fritos really set my cravings on a rampage! I hadn't bought them ONCE since Jan 1st when I started trying to loose weight, I can't believe how many calories are in them! And I used to eat a whole bag!!!! I think I better stay away from them.

    Mmm BLTs sound so good lol. I'm sorry you couldn't have the bacon... I really feel for you. I'm glad you enjoyed it though, with your yummy veggies :) I'm sure your daughter appreciated it!

    me put up with YOU! Ha! I can't seem to stop rambling for even ONE post!!! Thank God you put up with me!!! I love you and am so glad you come ramble on my blog hahaha :)

    Oh no problem! I really am sorry that you have to go through all that with your family :( I know how you feel, well kind of. My Grandmother is a lot like your Mom... and she made her choices and there is just nothing we can do about it... I hope it all works out ok for you all! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete