Thursday, August 26, 2010

JUST ONE, and other tips

First let me thank my newest... supporter, toosexy4thisfat :) LOL, supporter does sound better than follower doesn't it??? So NON-cult like :) Thank you so much for joining me in my day! And of course everyone that has been joining me and leaving comments!!!

Just Me had a great suggestion in yesterdays comments I'd like to share. Use baby spoons!!! (Or small spoons) That just makes so much sense... The food would last longer, as I would be eating slower (which is a lot of my problem!) So for now I'm not going to use the big spoons I always use, but the smaller ones. And get some baby spoons for deserts! I love that idea :) Thanks!
Does anyone else have any simple tips? Some seem so obvious, but sometimes I just don't even think about it! One I heard a while back that I thought was good is: Set your fork down after EVERY bite. I think it's a great idea, I just never do it!

Today I didn't follow one of my own, which is JUST ONE. We had manwiches for dinner, and I was really hungry. I made me 2 of them. And of course, I ate them both. But I was pretty full when I was done! If I would have only made ONE, I would have had to get back up and prepare another one... and I'm sure I would have realized I didn't even want it!!!!! Other than that I think I did ok today.

What I ate:
Lunch: (457) Tuna Sandwich (with slice of pepper jack, 1 tbs mw, on whole wheat), 10 baby carrots, 1 1/2 tbs light ranch, Water
Snack: (180) Chocolate Eclair ice cream bar
Drink: (92) coffee w 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp hazelnut coffee mate
Snack: (23) Werther's
Dinner: (590) 2 manwich (with 97% lean beef, 1/2 slice pepper jack each) 11 tortilla chips.
Total Water: 42 oz
Total Calories: 1342 + 360 for my late night cereal snack. New total: 1702
I know I need to add more fruits and veggies... My son eats more of them than me (do as I say not as I do lol) and today I had cut him up a bunch of apple slices and 1/2 are in a baggie in the fridge because it was pretty big... I think that might help me eat more, If I already have them cut up and ready. Kind of like the baby carrots. We'll see :)

Treadmill Today: 25 minutes/ 1 mile :)
Total days in a row: 16
Did a mile :) Nothing for some people, but I was sweating for sure :) Not as bad as I thought I would be though! It's probably been at least 2 months since I did a mile. I plan on doing a mile everyday, but if I don't I won't beat myself up. At this point I just have to make sure I get on it EVERY DAY no matter how long... but that mile sure did feel good :)
I have no pain if my back, I still feel it... but it's not pain. More like a tightness in one spot... but I'll take that over the pain :)

I'm pretty hungry and might give in and have some cereal... I'll add it later if I do. AND I'll use a little spoon!!!
Have a good night everybody! And a good tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. That is an awesome tip! I have never used big spoons - I don't like them [might have something to do with me being the youngest and my mom always gave me the little spoon] but the bites on a big spoon are too big for me to eat comfortably.

    And you are so right about what you put on your plate - one sandwich and then you would've had to think about the other - but manwiches? Damn I love those things - but I can only have one. Ever. I always try and cheat and ask Wallene if she wants to split one with me but she knows better and says "Mom...the sodium. What do I have to tell you?" My lil' food Nazi. heehee

    The small plate idea is awesome too - I like eating off of our salad plates - besides being pretty - I just feel like I have more food because it fills up the whole thing. Or eating out of a bowl works too [a shallow bowl] I also like the hint that one serving [app. 4 oz] of meat or seafood is roughly the size of a deck of cards - that helps me control what I am eating/salt - it is amazing how big portions have become in this country. Did you know that a McDonald's Happy meal is actually the equivalent for an adult, not a child - and the amount of calories in a supersized meal could feed a family of four for one meal? I about fell over - then again even when I could eat McD's [hello filet o fish I miss you!] I never super sized anything because I could never eat it all and I can't hold those monster drinks - my hands are too small heehee [seriously!]

    Oh- the best part of your post - SIXTEEN AND A MILE - you are freaking amazing!!!!!!! I wish you could see how big I am smiling as I type this because I am so proud of you. That is so awesome. The exercise is such an integral part of this journey and you are doing it babeeee!

    I hope you have a great day - looking forward to #17 tonight - :)

    Take care and talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your exercise record is awesome and getting better by the day!

    I know I eat too fast but I couldn't put my fork down after every bite. I'd never get any eating done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, about the baby spoons...before I get a reputation...my new name "Eats with Baby Spoons..." The reason I came up with this is I was feeding my granddaughter some ice cream and, of course, she got tired of it so grandma helps out and I found I really enjoyed the ice cream a lot more. There wasn't a lot of it, but it took me more time to eat it; therefore more time to actually savour the flavour, instead of pounding it down and looking around for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray loves them, but the kid hates them. I'm an in between, so we don't have manwiches hardly ever. They were pretty good though! It's good your daughter cares so much about you, to be your food nazi hahaha!
    The plate size and portion size tips are great to! I've heard them, but just don't even think about them, thanks!
    Yep, I'll give you that 17!!!! For sure! :) Thanks so much SkippyMom :)

    Mark, that's how I am too lol. I think it's a great idea, and I really want to start setting the fork down after every bite... but I have yet to do it!!!!
    Thanks Mark!

    LOL Just Me :) I hope you don't mind I put that out there, I just thought it was SUCH a great tip, and I had to share it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'mon over to my little world. Big spoons, big plates, big people. My thoughts, and just mine, is that I focus on the diet as the most important thing. Food is fuel at this point, and I need to use less. No gimmicks, no cheats, no 600 calorie lunches when the rest of your day is so awesome. Patience, love of Ray and the child, and you can do this !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food is Fuel, that is where I need to be too. I am trying to do better, but have a long way to go yet I guess...
    I'm done with gimmicks and cheats, so I'll be stopping by :) Little tips that might help, I am all for though lol.
    Thanks for visiting My Day Allan!

    ReplyDelete