Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I might see those 280s again after all...

I haven't gone on a binge or anything, but I could definitely be doing better! After tonight's taco dinner... I might not be able to keep the 280s away! I'm still hoping though.

I have been so tired lately, that once I get done reading blogs I am ready for bed and don't do my own! I really would like to do it earlier instead of waiting so late... I just figure it's easier to put what I ate all day... but I have to figure something else out.

Here's what it's been looking like:
Monday
Lunch: Chicken wrap (cut 110 calories by only having 5 chips and the rest baby carrots, and by substituting 1/2 the cheddar for mozz) iced tea
Dinner: asparagus stuffed chicken, 1/2 cup white rice with a little soy sauce, ff skim milk
Snacks: sun chips, cottage cheese and pineapple, ice cream, a nectarine
Total Water: about 30 oz
Went a little crazy on the snacks today. the portions were good, but didn't need every snack. Not enough water, didn't feel good Tuesday morning.

Tuesday
Lunch: Chicken wrap, 5 sunchips, 5 baby carrots, light ranch, water
Dinner: 2 helpings of chicken alfredo, 1 1/2 cheese stick, water
Snack: ice cream
Total Water: 40 oz
While I didn't eat a lot today, what I DID eat was very heavy. I OVER ate for dinner and was really full, a feeling I now HATE. Totally regret that! I felt like crap!

Today:
Drink: 1/2 bottle of iced coffee
Breakfast: bowl of Fiber Plus- Berry Yogurt Crunch cereal with ff skim milk
Lunch: 1/2 bagel with cream cheese and 1/4 cup pineapple
Dinner: 2 tacos and a taco salad (With a LOT of romaine lettuce, 4 tortilla chips, taco meat, 1/4 cup cheddar, 1/4 cup spanish rice) water
Drink: 1/2 iced coffee
Total Water: 48 oz (so far)
Over ate again for dinner. I had such a good plan... but I didn't stick to it. I did try to eat lighter the rest of the day though, knowing we were having tacos.
Tomorrow is my last day before my weigh in. I hope it's not to late! I REALLY don't want to see the 280s again... but if I do I will NOT wonder why! That's for sure!

A few things going on, I'll try and make it short.

My son and I went to my mother's Monday and Tuesday for about 1 hour and a half each time. It went well, he had a good time. I visited with her and my brothers and it was all good. I told my mother what I had wrote, that I am going to come pick up a fishing pole one of these days and just take him myself. She must have talked to Jeff because she called today saying he would be taking him tonight. I didn't tell my son, and good thing because he DIDN'T.
She did call and say that FOR SURE tomorrow. That they both will be here around 10 to pick him up. I said "OK, I'm going to tell him, have him up and ready at 10 then..." and so he is pretty excited. If they let him down I will be pissed. AND will also take him myself, so he will be going either way!

We got new neighbors... and I don't think we lucked out this time. They are pretty loud already, there are cars outside there door honking through out the day and night. And they smoke... I guess all the ones before didn't smoke, or smoked outside, but I can smell it in my kitchen!!! It sucks.

Last but not least, my horrible financial situation.
I don't talk about it much, because there is just nothing I can do about it... Even though it's on my mind a lot, I just try to ignore it and do what I can. WELL, I have been thinking about filing bankruptcy for sometime now... but didn't know where to start or if I really wanted to. I feel I spent the money, it is MY responsibility to pay it back. So I never really checked into it or anything.
But it's to the point that we can cover our credit card bills, and a couple others and that's IT. Other bills and Anything else is put on a credit card. It's a NEVER ENDING cycle!!
Now all the credit cards are going crazy on me. I had one cancel even though I was NEVER late paying it. Almost all of them the interest has gone up like crazy. It is just ridiculous! I pay my credit card bills every month, and it doesn't matter! They are just making it so hard to keep up. And I just don't know what to do anymore. These last 2 months are the first months that I didn't pay some of them... I just can't afford it.
So I made a call and have an appointment for a free consultation tomorrow. I am pretty nervous. I don't know anything about bankruptcy, not even how much it will cost me... If you have any advise, feel free! Do you think it's a good idea, no? Do you have any experiences with it???

I would NEVER have thought I would be filing bankruptcy, NEVER. But I would also NEVER have thought I would loose my job and not be able to get another one... or that I would still be living HERE... I wish I didn't have to to do it, but I really don't see any other option. I will never be able to climb out of this whole, and if this were to work out, I feel like it would be a brand new start. We might be able to save and get the hell out of this place! That would be a dream come true!

K, you're all caught up on what's been going on. Well mostly lol. I'm a little stressed, but that's ok. I am just praying everything will work out. And as far as food, I will try to do better tomorrow!
It sucks, my appointment is at 4:30, so I'll be stressing all day over it... oh well. I dug my self into this mess, and it's time to start digging my way out. By any means necessary I guess...

5 comments:

  1. Yikes babe, sorry to hear about the credit card debt. It must be awful for you. When I was a single mom we were always in debt and we were quite 'povvo' (slang for shamefully poor). It's a terrible feeling. The main bad thing about bankruptcy is you can't get credit afterwards for a period of at least 8 years. At least that's how it goes, over here. Ah well babe, maybe treat it as a life lesson
    on how not to deal with money? It can only get better from here, hey? xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tina, bankruptcy is not such a bad thing, been there and done it. As for how long it takes to recover here in Canada it is 7 years, not sure about there. You made the right step in going to a credit councellor and maybe they can suggest something other than bankruptcy. Again, here there is a repayment program where you give so much a month and it is divided among your creditors and they do not add any more interest to your balance. I hope it all goes well for you. You had said before that you use the credit cards to order in fast food. Did you ever consider cutting then up and paying cash for everything? Once I was in backruptcy I had no choice but to pay cash for everything. It sure made a difference as I really had to budget and there was never much left over to do anything with so I couldn't order/eat out.
    Have you tried making up your food plan the day before? That way you could post it earlier and you might find that you would be more inclined to follow it if you post it prior to having the food. I do that quite often and find it really helpful because I hate going back in and changing my posting. I always think that someone has already read it so I can't change it or they'll notice.
    Good call on the fishing. I think I would have told mom to forget it when she said that it would be tomorrow, especially since they had already said they were going to do do it today. Don't hold your breath for it to happen tomorrow either.
    I understand the extra eating due to the stress but hopefully the appointment can give you some room to breathe tomorrow and you will feel better. There are worse things in the world than having to declare bankruptcy. And maybe it will give you a chance to improve things for your family. I wish you all the very best of luck, take each minute as it comes tomorrow and have faith that it will work out the way it was meant to. I will say a prayer for you tonight and if you need someone to lean on tomorrow just reach in your pocket and I will be there. HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of it this way - if you file for bankruptcy no one is going to extend credit to buy a house or rent a home to you for at least 7 years [here in the states] so you may well be stuck in the place you are now for quite a few more years [knowing you want to leave there]

    I really like Tessa's idea of the credit counselor - we have a local county agency that has this service [for free] you should check and see if they have one where you live. Just make sure not to go with a commercial agency that charges a hefty fee. They are usually a scam.

    Another thing is they have changed bankruptcy laws and it is very difficult to get to file/be approved by a judge here in the U.S.

    One other thing you can do is call each credit card company and ask to set up a payment plan, preferably with lower payments and have them stop your lines of credit [so you can't use them] and then cut the suckers up. I know that may be hard to do money wise, but perhaps with smaller payments you will have the cash to pay the other bills without putting anything on the cards. CC companies simply want to be paid - and that is all you are asking to do.

    I really don't have a better suggestion than that. I don't have much experience with bankruptcy - just know the laws and financial ramifications because my brother has worked in finance for years. But I am sure your appointment will have all the answers and what is best for you. :)

    Chin up girlie! You're a good soul and this will work itself out in the end. And if Tessa is in one pocket - then just remember I am in the other - Hugs and lotsa love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I claimed bankruptcy after I divorced my ex. Mortgage and car payments and everything else got the best of me. It was kind of a pain in the ass for 7 years, but you get used to it. I remember the feeling of immense relief when I left the lawyer's office the first time. Sometimes, just sometimes, you have to take that step.

    You'll be ok. Being poor does suck, doesn't it? Bleah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! I read the comments earlier, before I went to the appointment and it did make me feel better :)

    Thanks Michaela :)
    It's just crazy, I was always SO good with money. Even when I was a child. But after I lost my job I started using the credit cards and it just got out of control!

    Yeah Tessa, I wanted to just use cash for everything, but my credit card bills had gotten so high that once we paid them, there was no cash left... that's how it just kept getting worse and worse.
    That's a good idea making a meal plan early or the day before. I recently decided to start doing that. MargieM wrote a post on doing it first thing when you get up, and I REALLY want to do that. I think you are right! If I post it, I won't want to change it and that will make sticking to it easier!!!
    Thanks for all your support Tessa :)

    That's the bad thing SkippyMom :( I will have horrible credit, and that's one reason why I haven't done it sooner. BUT now I see that I have horrible credit anyway! Just because my balances are so high! Which I think is crazy, as long as I'm paying it shouldn't matter... but it does. So my credit is screwed either way.
    I am hoping after all this is over, when we do save enough to get out of here, it will be in Ray's name. We aren't married and he has no legal responsibility to my credit debt.
    I have to call a debt counseling service and discuss a payment plan and if that's an option for me. I guess it is required before I actually file bankruptcy. But the lawyer said that considering my income and everything else, I am probably just going to file.
    Thanks so much SkippyMom :) I felt great all day knowing I had you and Tessa in my pockets lol :)

    Thanks Shauna. Seeing that you and Tessa have been through it made me feel better too. Knowing that it's not the end of the world. When I left his office, I actually did feel a great relief... but now a new stress, coming up with the money lol! When it's all over, I know I will feel SO much better!

    ReplyDelete