Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yucky!!!

Well, today my iced coffee experimenting didn't go as well. Yesterday I liked it, just knew I had to tweak it a little... but today it was Yuck. Yesterday Morning I made it, and added the creamer and put it in the fridge for a while. It was cold, but not ice cold how I want it, but after I added a little milk and sugar it tasted pretty good. WELL I figured I would make me a cup last night, add the creamer and let it sit in the fridge over night. It didn't come out so good... I think having the creamer sit over night ruined it??? I added more sugar, and even some chocolate, it helped but it still wasn't very good. Kind of chalky. I think I am going to have to find some of that liquid creamer... Is it in the coffee isle? Or is it refrigerated? I'm guessing the syrup form the dollar store isn't refrigerated... I don't drink coffee, just my already made iced coffee in a bottle lol. And maybe about 5 cups of coffee over the rest of my life... You HAVE to add boiling water to the instant coffee first so it will dissolve right??? I mean, you can't just start out with cold water... right?
My plan is to eventually have it how I want it, make the instant coffee and put it in a picture in the fridge, and just have it over ice whenever I want... but I guess this powder creamer doesn't work that way lol...

We went and practiced with the bike some more. He is doing very well, I'm so proud of him. I know it's 10 times harder than it was for me (or any other little kid) because he didn't get to practice with training wheels, he isn't even used to the pedaling motion or steering! So he has to learn all of this at the same time. His legs are a little bruised and scratched, but he is doing very well. We are taking a break from it tomorrow, maybe we will go to the lake...

After bike lessons we went to his favorite restaurant, a Chinese buffet (a different one then me and Ray's favorite lol). I did really good, these where the smallest plates I have ever had!

Here's what I ate today:
Snack 4 and 5am: (380) 2 bowls of cereal (frosted wheat puffs and Special K vanilla almond) w ff skim milk
Lunch: Buffet- (1000?) 2 small plates. Plate One: 1 serving of parmesan chicken, 4 little pieces of sweet and sour chicken, 2 crab rangoon, 1 egg role and room on the plate for a BOWL with sweet and sour sauce! Plate 2: 2 or 3 bites of each- jalapeno chicken, broccoli chicken, baked chicken, white rice. About 6 bites of hawaiian chicken. 20 oz WATER. Dessert: 1 bite of banana pudding (i thought it was vanilla when I got it!). about 3 bites of chocolate pudding, and 2 bites of ice cream (I didn't really like it, usually I would have ate it all anyway though lol. NOT today) and 1 tiny cake... thing.
Snack: (245) My mess of an iced coffee, fiber plus bar
Dinner Late: (438) Romain salad with 1 tbs light ranch, 1/4 cup cheddar, 10 popcorn chicken. 10 tater tots. Water
Snack: (35) 1 bite of mint ice cream
Total Water: 72 oz
Total Calories: 2098 ?(1103 + Lunch)
I don't know how many calories I had for lunch... I am tired and not going to try and figure it out right now. I am happy with how I did, but I know that dessert was probably a lot, so I'll round it to an even 1000. I kind of think it was less... but we'll go with that.
I should not have had all that for dinner though! I was just going to have a salad, I wasn't that hungry, but it smelled so good and I gave in. Definite NO NO.
A little bit ago I REALLY wanted some ice cream... no I'm not hungry, just wanted something sweet. I finally gave in and had ONE bite. I'm good with that :)

Treadmill: 15 minutes/ .57 miles  3 minutes with 2 LB weights. My back started pinching and I had to put the weights down :(  It has been a dull ache all day, but since the treadmill it hurts :(
On the Treadmill 9 Days in a row :)

10 comments:

  1. Sorry your iced coffee is not as good as you would like. Try this method and see if it works better for you:

    For each cup of boiling water add 1 rounded teaspoon of instant coffee to a glass pitcher (plastic adds a funny taste to the coffee). Let cool on counter, when cool place in fridge.

    For each serving:

    Place 3 large ice cubes in glass, add 2 tablespoons liquid creamer (no need to add sugar as it sweet enough). Stir till mixed well and enjoy.

    If you are using the powder creamer and sugar, dissolve them in a little hot water before adding the coffee.

    I find the liquid creamer in the dairy section at my store. It is called International Creamer and comes in a variety of flavors. So far the only low fat ones they have are Hazelnut and Vanilla. I don't care for the vanilla so use the Hazelnut. I too tried mixing a pitcher and leaving it in the fridge but it wasn't like fresh mixing it. Keep trying you will succeed, it took me a bit to get it where I like it, now can't stay away from them. And just remember if you have 2 a day you are saving major calories!!!! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todays was better :) I made it and added the creamer and put it in a large mug in the fridge for a while and it was good :) I guess the creamer is ok for a couple hours in the fridge, just not over night? I think it will be even better with the liquid creamer... I think this creamer has a funny after taste... Anyway, I will keep trying. I know it will save me money and calories! Thanks Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are rocking the treadmill girlie! Woohooo! Let's make today a double digit, 'kay? I am so freaking proud of you for staying with it. So awesome.

    The other night no one, and I mean NO ONE wanted to walk the puppies with me - Pooldad I don't blame b/c he has been working so much - but they wanted to go out [they are addicted to our evening walks now and tug on me when they are ready -cute but annoying :)] and I thought well the heck with it - if Tina is getting on the treadmill tonight I AM GOING to walk my dogs myself.

    Yeah, won't be doing that again. heehee - I did do it - and I felt a bazillion times better for it - but walking a 20 lb short legged hyper active lil' Nazi and a 120 lb long legged, slow moving old man while holding their leashes in the same hand [I can't use my left arm] was NOT happening very well. LOL - I was surprised I didn't end up with yet another wound.

    But they got walked and that is what matters. Or better yet - I GOT walked. And I am happier for it.

    But you know I am never doing that again. heehee.

    See you tonight when you post. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say the same thing as Tessa - but I buy my liquid creamer at ALDI - its about 2 bucks less!

    Chinese buffets are killer - so good though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much SkippyMom! I am glad I've been sticking with it, I know it makes me feel better :)
    My back is really bothering me today... I even thought of not doing it tonight. BUT how can I not when you went out with your dogs by yourself?!?! I HAVE to!!! LOL :) I might make it a short 10 minutes, but I'll get on it, and I know I'll be glad that I did.
    Double Digits Wooo Hooo! :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks biz! I love ALDI! I'll look for that in the morning!
    Actually that's where I was buying my bottle of iced coffee, the Beaumont brand. Like the Frappuccinos but cheaper and just as good lol :) But at 200 calories, I'm going with Tessa's suggestions to try and get away from them!
    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is all this "liquid creamer" business? :) Is it a milk substitute? We have something called Coffee-mate here in the UK, which is like a powdered substitute for milk.

    If American TV shows can be believed, some of you guys like to put actual "cream" (instead of milk?) into coffee. So what is the difference between cream and "liquid creamer"?

    I have a sneaking suspicion that I have over-complicated this and in reality, it is something really straightforward. But as a Brit who only drinks water, I am clueless :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina this is turning into a chat room heehee [that's great in my opinion but feel free to limit me to one comment, okay?] but I have to say - I WANT an ALDI - we don't have them here. :(

    Oh and Wallene said a hint that she does with the coffee drinks she makes [yes leave out the ice cream] but let the coffee sit on the counter until it gets to room temp before adding ice and creamer - that way it doesn't get diluted by the ice melting.

    I am so sorry to hear your back is still sore. Try taking an ibuprophen or acetemetaphin [if you can] an hour before you get on and you back might not bother you as much. I have to take my meds a few hours before I leave out the door with the doggies.

    I know I am going to see a ten! I am so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You haven't over complicated it at all Mark! LOL, I can't even answer any of those questions because I don't ever drink coffee, I'm just now trying to make my own to get away from the high calorie iced coffee drinks I got addicted to :) And since they were already made, bottled and ready, I'm not sure how to do it lol. I've been getting lots of help from everyone though! :)
    Coffee Mate is actually what I have right now. I am thinking a liquid creamer would be better for cold coffee? but honestly I don't know if it's actual cream... or what's in it... LOL I'm just as clueless as you are :)

    A chat room! I think it's great too SkippyMom! I am going to limit your comments though, to 49 per day haha!
    I love ALDI. I used to love Save A Lot, but they are getting kind of pricey lately!
    Wallene uses liquid creamer in hers then? Great tip, about the ice.
    I took some store brand tylenol, and I think it did help! My back felt great while I was walking :)
    Thanks SkippyMom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang, only 49? You tyrant. heehee - and yes - Wallene uses the International Delight Caramel Machiatto creamer [$2.49 per container, I think] and it is 35 calories per tbsp [yay! and no sodium double yay!] and she uses two tbsp per about 8 oz of coffee and a cup of ice to make a 16 oz drink [I mean the cup is a 16 oz size - not a "cup" of ice per say]

    I don't like coffee, but I sure do like those things. LOL....but I do decaf because I haven't had caffeine since the hospital. I can't tell the dif.

    I THINK I found an ALDI about 20 minutes from us - it may be an illusion but I am checking it out tomorrow. :)

    Hugs sweetie.

    ReplyDelete