Thursday, July 15, 2010

Despicable Me

Yes, my relationship with food has been rather despicable lately...
but that is not what I'm talking about! :)
We went and saw Despicable Me, the movie.
The review? Ok, you asked for it: It was cute, but a bit slow. Without giving away anything, it just seemed to take a long time for the cute and funny parts, and they were a few and far between. MAYBE it's because I was really tired, but it was just kind of boring for me. Don't get me wrong, the cure parts WERE cute. The 3D wasn't that great, there was one part I was impressed with. But if you stay at the end when the credits start, there is an extra little bit that looked kind of cool. I would say 3 out 5.  I could tell my son was kind of bored too for at least the first 30 minutes. After it was done though, he said he liked it a lot :) That's what matters.

Even though I was pretty tired, we had a great time. (and besides the fact that it cost $31 for just the 3 of us!!! No food, JUST TO WATCH IT!!! For the first show of the day too!!! Holy CRAP!)

Afterwards we went to my sons favorite place, East Garden Buffet. It was pretty good. I know he loved it.
I ate about the same as I have been when I go to a buffet (this year), but I was SOOO full when we left. I didn't feel good. So for the rest of the day I didn't eat much.

Here's the Damage for Today:
Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch @about 1pm: PLATE ONE- 3 crab rangoon w/ sweet n sour, 1 egg role, baked chicken 3 oz?, 1/4 cup jalapeno chicken, 1/3 cup broccoli beef, 1 cup hawaiian chicken, 1 cup rice. PLATE TWO- 1 piece of garlic bread, 1 cup parmesan chicken, 1/2 cup crab stuff, baked chicken 2 oz?, DESSERT: 1 tiny bite size choco/coffee/? cake, 1/2 cup pudding, 1 cup ice cream. About 15 oz water.
Drink @about 3pm: 9.5 oz iced coffee (took about an hour to drink)
Dinner @ about 9pm: Romain salad with mozz cheese, 2 tbs light ranch and croutons. Water
Total Water: 35 oz
Maybe I didn't feel good because I drank more water then usual. Maybe I ate more too... I didn't think so, but it looks like it now that I wrote it down lol.
Used Mozzarella cheese again where I would usually use cheddar for my salad. Less calories. It was good :)
I think I'll try and write what time I'm eating. Maybe that will help me say to myself: "Self- you just ate an hour ago, do you really need that?" :)

Over all a great day. My son is ungrounded, so he is pretty happy about that. If I could get him to play outside that would be good (he actually is allowed outside even when grounded, but didn't go at all). We'll have to go to the lake again soon. 

Ray has tonight (tomorrow morning) off. He has been getting a lot more hours lately. Good money wise! He has been looking forward to a night off. Me too :) I will NOT be up at 3:45am. At least I hope not lol. Sometimes I get up at that time anyway and can't fall asleep. I am having a couple drinks (left over from fight night) and that might help me sleep better ;)
Good Night Everybody! :)


4 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I thought you had finally had enough and killed the dryer yourself. heehee.

    Can you believe the price of movies? That is why we never go anymore and if the kids want to go with their friends they pay for the ticket and we chip in for the snacks. It is $52 for the 4 of us to go [in the afternoon too] and no that doesn't include food either. Makes me so mad - but if they weren't paying stars so much money [really? Does George Clooney really deserve 20 mil per picture? Honestly.]

    I thought of two things your son might like to do outside and both are free [except for $1 for water balloons] He could have a water balloon fight with some neighborhood kids [or you and Ray] My kids run around like crazy trying not to get hit - or you could make up a list of stuff for him to "find" - a scavenger hunt! Wallene loves doing this. Think of things around your neighborhood - a leaf as big as his hand. A white rock. A stick shaped like a letter [Y maybe?] I know you get the idea. I know my kids also like to wash the van - I don't care how it comes out - I just give them a bucket, sponge and the hose and tell them to knock themselves out. They do a pretty good job, but that isn't the point y'know?

    Just a couple of things I do to keep ours occupied when they don't want to bike ride or swim and they want to be outside.

    Have a great Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baby. We have a rule (even in winter) which is, no screens 10-4. No PS3, no TV, no Ipod, no PC. They hafta GO OUTSIDE and do something. Lately all the kids in the neighbourhood went to the local park and had a 'war' using Nerf guns. It went for 2 days! We didnt see our kids until dark. Another idea, get him some wood offcuts from a local builder, a hammer, nails, and maybe a drill if you have one. He could get busy for a half day at least with that... love ya, M. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hear ya on that buffet lure. My hubby and I love to go to buffet meals and we struggle to stay away. Can't always do it.

    Wow, $31 for a movie experience. We haven't gone to a theater movie in 3 years.

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I didn't think about the dryer today, but I will have to tomorrow. I'm just hoping you are right and it's a simple fix!
    Those are great ideas SkippyMom, thanks! I wish he had more friends, and more kids his age here... he does have some cousins though that could come over for a water balloon fight :)

    That's actually pretty a good rule Michaela! Maybe I should make him go outside, whether he wants to or not lol. There is just nothing to do here. That's so nice your kids can play out all day. That's how it was when we were kids too. It's different here now though. If he were gone at the local park all day I would be worried sick! I would let him go for a while, if he was going with a friend... I know he got some friends numbers before school ended, I think I'll ask him about that...
    Michaela he would LOVE the wood idea! He loves legos and can build stuff for hours, I bet he would like that!

    Margie, you are SO right. I think that all the time, how actors get paid so much... Yesterday I saw that "Julia Robert was paid a mere 500,000 for her role in Flatliners." (at least I think that was the movie, I never seen it) A MERE 500,000???? That makes me sick!
    I was trying to figure out how it came to $31, I looked at the tickets. 10.50 for adults and 10 for kids... a whole 50 cent discount for kids??? Why even bother! Greedy basta.... oh sorry, getting carried away... haha :)

    ReplyDelete