Friday, July 2, 2010

UGH. I feel like Sh*t.

I weighed in today. I stepped on the scale and it said... 280!!! 40 Pounds gone! Woo Hoo! I was so surprised, I stepped on it again... 280!!! It's the 6 month mark, and I have reached 40 pounds!!!!! So I decide to see if I can keep one of the cameras on long enough to take a pic. I step on it... 283... try again... 283. And no, I wasn't holding the camera... I stepped on it about 4 more times. 283. That sounds more realistic... but still a disappointment from that sudden excitement. I move the scale and try again anyway... 283, dang it! So I'll go with that...
283
That's a gain of 1.4 pounds. It sucks, but
it is what it is.
Got on the treadmill once this week,
making my Weekly Totals: 32 minutes/ 1.24 miles
Plus the 78 minutes of walking to/from the library
Total Crunches: 130

I don't know what happened. I felt like I was back on track, and then I ruined it. I did good today and yesterday until dinner. Both days I over did it, but today I went WAY over board. I had 4 large slices of pizza, 4 cheese sticks, and about 24 oz of pop!!!! WHY? I don't know!!!! Because i was a little let down? Maybe... Well, I have been thinking about the holiday weekend and how I will probably do bad... that led to thinking those old thoughts of "I'll do really good AFTER..." which is a NO NO! I also got a call from my mother right before I ate that pretty much ruined my day... But I did not plan on just completely stuffing myself sick tonight. And that's just what I did. I feel AWEFUL right now. It's been hours since I ate, and I am SOOO full. And it wasn't even that good!!! Seriously! There's leftovers and I DO NOT want them.
Right now I feel like I could go forever without ever eating another slice of pizza ever ever again!
I hope that last... because I feel horrible, and I don't ever want to be this full again. EVER
Even though it is the holiday weekend, I am going to do well. I am going to really try and start doing really good. I feel like I have been wasting so much time... now I'm back to having lost 37 pounds... which is good! BUT that's where I was over a month ago... and it's less lost than last week. I want to see that number go down, and keep going down. Not up and down and up...
Time to get back into the game!
Which also leads me to a new challenge from Tessa. Through this journey, I have tried to just think of the big picture, not setting any weight goals or times... I know I have a LOT to loose, and it will take a long time. BUT when I joined Tessa's challenge last time, I think it was really good for me. I didn't get all the way to the goal, but I wasn't mad at myself, and was proud of how well I did... Well, she has challenged me again... and while I'm kind of hesitant... it might be EXACTLY what I need! Not positive what race we will be doing, but I'll keep you posted :)
I can't say I'm exited, because I feel soooooo crappy, but hopefully tomorrow I will be as exited as I was on January 1st 2010!!!

Ray has to work at 2am this morning, early for him. So I'm just going to stay up until it's time to bring him. There's no way I could sleep anyway! On top of feeling sick, Not 2 minutes go by without a huge BANG outside! Mostly fireworks in the dumpsters I guess. They are LOUD. I doubt Ray is even sleeping :(  Last night people were out there partying until right before we left! At 3:30 am!!!!!! Hopefully after this weekend things will calm a little. But it's summer... so probably not, but at least the fireworks might.
Here's to tomorrow being a better day!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Tina, don't you just hate it when the scale plays tricks on you like that? Makes you want to pick the darn thing up and hurle it out the window. Ok, so for this challenge, it is strictly pick the date of something special happening and set a goal of how much you would like to lose in that time frame. It's not a challenge to see who can lose what the fastest, it's a motivation challenge. Like I said in my blog, the big picture is hard to pinpoint for a day of completion. I had originally said I would obtain my goal weight in a year, well that isn't going to happen so decided to break it down into smaller time frames. I know these special dates are coming up and it really has nothing to do with the event itself. I'm just using them as a measuring tool. The events don't have to have any significant meaning, could be things like your son's first day back at school, a family member's birthday, etc. I just needed enough time in between events to be able to set a reasonable goal and reach for it. Remember baby steps. I hope you will join me in this challenge as I think it will be lots of fun. It's not a competition with each other but more of a support system where we can both do our thing but still be accountable to each other. So what say you, are ready to give it a try? If so get your list ready and remember you can add to it at any time if you think there is too much time in between events. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it feels like the worst thing in the world, but try to keep it in perspective. Yes you keep reverting back to old habits, but it takes time to truly master it all, and get into the routine of doing things a certain way. I completely understand how this goes though, as I keep diving off the wagon too, and then I feel like shit for days on end. It takes a while to forgive myself for it. If that makes sense.

    Anyway, we all believe in you, and maybe someday you'll believe in yourself fully too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh - Fireworks in a dumpster? Well that is a new one on me. hee - I would go nuts if they did that here. Now they seem content with being on school property [behind our home] and setting them off for hours on end. Drives my dogs crazy because they want to go see "What's up?" I love the 4th, but could do without the continous week of fireworks.

    Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad - but the challenge with Tessa sounds awesome. I like the way it is set up, very manageable I think. Hang in there - slow and steady wins the race, right? One day isn't going to defeat you - you're too strong for that. :)

    Big hugs and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Tessa :) I'll see what I can come up with. I don't really like to set dates/goal losses, just because that has NEVER worked for me. But we'll see what happens :) Hugs!

    Thanks Verity :) I do believe in myself, I just get a little discouraged when I go back to those old habits... especially stuffing myself so full like that! Last night not only was a bad habit I don't ever want to see again, but I'm sure I stretched my stomach out and now will have to deal with being hungry all week... oh well. I've already forgiven myself, now I just have to deal with it and move on :)

    I'm exactly the same way SkippyMom, with the fireworks. Love the 4th but can do without the rest :) Yeah, they buy illegal fireworks and put them in our big dumpsters. Things like M80s, just whatever will make the loudest noise.
    It's not just yesterday, it's been a long time since I felt I was doing a good job. But I won't let it get me down :) Today is a new day!

    Thank you ALL for your support!

    ReplyDelete