Saturday, July 17, 2010

Getting Overwhelmed

The scale says:
284.8
That's a gain of 1.8 pounds this week.
Bringing my total lost back down to 35.2 pounds
Got on the treadmill twice, making my Weekly totals:
about 40 minutes/ 1.57 miles

Of course I knew it would be a gain. 3 weeks of no losses. I don't like it  :(

Today didn't go as planned. I stayed up way to late last night (until about 4:20). Ray got out early, which meant I went and got him after about 3 and a half hours sleep. So I went back to bed instead of staying up and going grocery shopping. I slept way to late, woke up with a head ache. Didn't do ANYTHING today.
We looked at the dryer and aren't sure what to do with it. The 'clamp' is on it pretty weird, and Ray is afraid that even if he gets it off, he won't be able to get it back on. My step dad (mom's boyfriend) is the one who hooked it up, so I have been trying to get ahold of him. With no luck of course. I'll probably have to go over there I guess. I haven't talked to my mom at all since the cookout last Saturday.

I am very tired. Also, I am getting depressed. All of a sudden my house is a mess, the dryer isn't working, I'm sick of driving Ray to work. I don't want to go anywhere, including the grocery store.
As you may know my cats have fleas. They are indoor cats and I ha vent had to really deal with this before. Now that we have treated the cats with front line, I thought the fleas were about gone. UNTIL I went in the basement today and found that they are down there! So I will have to bomb the house now, and I have to do that BEFORE I have my step dad come over and look at the dryer. I can't have him bringing fleas home. In the meantime, I have a truck load of laundry piling up! My cousin said I could come over there, but I wouldn't want to risk bringing her fleas either!
I guess you could say I am feeling overwhelmed... I know exactly what I need to do to feel better. I need to clean this house. Just flea bomb the whole place and get over with, and get on the treadmill everyday, and start eating right! I know these things, but at the moment I have no energy. Maybe because I don't sleep much... I don't know. But Tomorrow I am going to have to gut my butt up and do what needs to be done...

What I ate today:
Breakfast: 1 slice of pizza
Lunch: 2 slices of pizza, water
Dinner: General Tso's Chicken (chicken, rice, carrots, broccoli- frozen) 1 1/2 cup ff skim milk
Snack: large bowl MultiGrain Cheerios w ff skim milk
Total Water: 35 oz
I know, it sucks.
It's midnight. Not early, but better than lately. So I'm going to bed and going to try to do things right tomorrow.




4 comments:

  1. I hope you are getting a good night's sleep and you wake up without a headache. They can be so debilitating.

    I can't understand how inside cats get fleas - but it must be beyond aggravating from what you have said. Could you take your laundry to the laundry mat? Or better yet can you wash it and hang it up to dry - in this heat we hang our towels and our tie dyed t-shirts on our deck [eventhough we aren't supposed to] and they dry in record time. We tied to lengths of cord from one side to the other and hang the stuff on there or we use one of those foldy racks - at least you can get a start on it that way until you can fix the dryer or eradicate the fleas.

    And the house? Just take it one room at a time, even if you only do one room a day - in a week it will be done with the following week being easier. At least that is what we do instead of trying to cram it all into one day-that way when the weekend comes and Pooldad is home we get to play :) and not do chores. You still get the sense of accomplishment, but you won't be so overwhelmed.

    Look at me - I am all Ann Landers-y today! heeheee :) I hope today is an easier day for you. Take care [and I will get those recipes written up for you and send them along in the next few days]

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tina, we could be sisters, I know exactly how you feel. I can't explain how you got fleas on inside cats cuz it should never happen. Maybe someone came in with them on thier clothes. Best way to get rid of fleas: bath the cats in flea shampoo, fleas need a warm environment to live in. I agree with SkippyMom, one room at a time. I find that I never seem to have enough time on the weekends to get everything done that I want to. Hubby keeps the vaccuuming and floor washing done so all I have to do is laundry on the weekend. It really helps. Maybe your son could give you a hand with the vaccuuming. Don't get down with the gains just pick yourself up, dust off your attitude and dig in. We can do this, it will take time but we can do it. I have a little challenge for you: No ordering out food for the next week. Get to the store and buy your groceries and make your meals. Fast food to over weight people is like alcohol to an alcoholic, once you start you cannot stop. It takes me weeks to break the fast food habit once I start. That's why I buy a lot of frozen pizzas when they are on sale and we only have it once a week. I do a lot of label reading so when I see how many calories are in a certain portion size I cringe. I find that visual aid very important to me as I don't have that when I am eating fast food. Please try to get a bit of routine to your life and get onto a time schedule for meals, again sporadic eating can really hurt your efforts. I know it is a little more difficult when Ray works so early but you don't have to have a snack or breakfast at that time. Try setting your meal times at 7, 12 and 5 with snacks at 10, 2, and 7. Write in your blog what time you eat and see if there is a pattern there. If you need something when you get up with Ray try a glass of water or a diet drink of some kind. Sometimes our bodies are just craving moisture not food. I will even join you in this on my blog. I make it a habit when I am doing good to never eat after dinner as I always get sick due to my acid relux. Like last night I pigged out before bed and ended up throwing up half the night. Do I know better, you bet, but when I am binging I don't seem to have the brains to tell myself not to. Hope this all helps you get back on track and remember you are not in this alone. We can do it!!!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You 2 are so sweet :)
    Thanks for the advise! I didn't try to tackle everything today. Picked up, got some dishes done, and I feel better. My Son is really good with helping me when I ask :) Ray too, he does a lot of laundry (well, he DID before the dryer problem)
    The cats are doing great, the Frontline Plus seems to be working very well on them... but now there is the fleas that are NOT on them... There is an 800 number and the lady told me that 3 months of treatment will get rid of ALL fleas in the house, and these in the basement are probably newly hatched, and when they land on the cats they will die soon after. We also are using a tip someone told us and put a pot of hot water down there and the fleas supposedly jump in to their deaths... It's pretty cold down there so I'm hoping for the best!!!
    I'm not sure where they came from. Our last cat was adopted from outside (I didn't know that at the time) and we had to treat all of them for ear mites shortly after... could it have taken this long for the flea out break from him? We've had hims since Sept... so I am doubtful... maybe my son brought some home from my Mom's. She didn't have an infestation or anything, but she has a dog. Ray's brother/Mom have an outdoor cat... so any of those I guess...

    I wouldn't hang my clothes outside because they might get stolen lol. BUT I did hang Ray's work clothes around the house lol. We have door knobs, the shower rod, closet doors ect. It's a nice new look hahaha. Still have to get a hold of Jeff.

    I think you are right about the food/alcoholic comparison. I can do really good, but once I fall off the wagon with fast food it's like I can't stop!!!! Tonight we had pizza again, but I accept your challenge starting tomorrow :)
    I said the other day I wanted to start writing down the times, then decided it was to much... but you are right. It's a good idea. I can't have breakfast at 7 most likely, but I definitely need to get on some kind of schedule!!! I know I would feel a lot better.
    Thanks again!!!
    Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your clothes would be stolen? Holy crap! [excuse me - but WOW!] I like the door knob/shower curtain rod idea - decorating ala' clothing - very Cristof of you! heehee but very inventive also - see? You can do it - you have skilz!

    Try eating at the same times everyday - I know I have to or I forget to eat - and that way you don't have to worry so much about keeping the track of the time.

    You are going to do great! Just...um....keep the clothes inside, 'kay? [still boggles my mind, but I can totally believe it]

    ReplyDelete